Author Topic: [Normal] Barrett too overpowered  (Read 10125 times)

Offline ginn

• Camper
Re: [Normal] Barrett too overpowered
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:28 am »
Looks more like 1000 matches for 1 season, not 2555 matches? Also, sctfl spans over 4 weeks, not 6 months.

I really don't see how being able to multi kill with barrett would break your game mode, maybe change things up a tiny bit, but not break it.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 10:33:25 am »
Do you even use other weapons than the Barrett in the BR community? I somehow have the idea of it being mostly Barrett/M79, judging by a couple of public visits earlier. Today I checked some TDM server and out of 8 players, 7 were using the Barrett and one guy had the M79.

The problem here is that where CTF has an actual obective, in (T)DM you can just run away and still win the game. In DM you can force the opponent to make the first move. In such situations the Barrett will always win because the opponent will die before he can actually do anything about it. I think it's impossible to balance it for DM modes without making it horribly unbalanced for other modes at the same time.

e: I just checked the link to the 1v1 match reports, out of 15 reports I saw only one screen with another primary than the Barrett.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:47:50 am by Dusty »

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 12:19:49 pm »
If Soldat is made for CTF and DM, would be appropriate to change the game name from "Soldat" to "Soldat for CTF and DM".

I couldn't balance something that I wasn't aware of. Now that I hear of a flourishing competitive TDM scene I can analyze and try to balance it. But you're surely more experienced in TDM than I, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what the perceived problems with the weapons are in TDM.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »
But you're surely more experienced in TDM than I, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what the perceived problems with the weapons are in TDM.
You should do the same for CTF >.>

Offline Red Bull

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 12:11:17 pm »
The problem here is that where CTF has an actual obective, in (T)DM you can just run away and still win the game. In DM you can force the opponent to make the first move. In such situations the Barrett will always win because the opponent will die before he can actually do anything about it. I think it's impossible to balance it for DM modes without making it horribly unbalanced for other modes at the same time.

They are almost 7 years just playing TDM, and I can tell you that TDM is not just expect the enemy to come to you while you run like a chicken. The Brazilian players use tactics, no one goes up the enemy if you're not totally sure it will hit him, and if you miss, you'll always have one behind you ready to hit. I can send them a demo of a official game (happened yesterday, semi final of SoldatX Winter CUP) and you'll see I'm not lying.

I can still remember how was the barret in version 1.4.2 ~ 1.4.3, which was probably the best time of Brazilian Soldat, surely the most competitive times we had, all because it was not easy to play with barret and predict what the enemy would do, and that the players who really dominated this gun excelled. It was almost a challenge to play well with Barret.

We are not asking for "return barret to version 1.4.2!" We're only asking that it be a weapon balanced thinking also in TDM mode, which Brazilians love.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 03:30:41 pm »

They are almost 7 years just playing TDM, and I can tell you that TDM is not just expect the enemy to come to you while you run like a chicken. The Brazilian players use tactics, no one goes up the enemy if you're not totally sure it will hit him, and if you miss, you'll always have one behind you ready to hit. I can send them a demo of a official game (happened yesterday, semi final of SoldatX Winter CUP) and you'll see I'm not lying.

I'm interested in a demo
I can still remember how was the barret in version 1.4.2 ~ 1.4.3, which was probably the best time of Brazilian Soldat, surely the most competitive times we had, all because it was not easy to play with barret and predict what the enemy would do, and that the players who really dominated this gun excelled. It was almost a challenge to play well with Barret.

We are not asking for "return barret to version 1.4.2!" We're only asking that it be a weapon balanced thinking also in TDM mode, which Brazilians love.

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 06:39:45 am »
I can send them a demo of a official game (happened yesterday, semi final of SoldatX Winter CUP) and you'll see I'm not lying.

Sure, that'd be awesome. Link me to it.

Offline Red Bull

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 02:12:28 pm »
I can send them a demo of a official game (happened yesterday, semi final of SoldatX Winter CUP) and you'll see I'm not lying.

Sure, that'd be awesome. Link me to it.

Done. Link of the game in our forum http://www.soldatx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45487

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 06:59:51 pm »
Roman in SoldatX suggested the following, for better balance:

- Increase a little the startup time and move-acc
- Decrease bink and fire interval time

Hopefully we can make some tests and see if those are any good :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:09:52 pm by squiddy »
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.