Author Topic: ThreadFunc SC3  (Read 716 times)

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
ThreadFunc SC3
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »
What happened to ThreadFunc in SC3? I haven't been following Soldat Dev for years and now it doesn't work apparently, so is there a way to get it to work or a replacement for it?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: ThreadFunc SC3
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:52:23 pm »
Yes, I've removed threadfunc completely.

Scriptcore never was, and still isn't threadsafe. Using that function was equal to sending your script to a painful death, along with entire server. If you have some functionality that's too heavy for your script to perform then i suggest to either switch to shell_exec and do it in some separate process or move your logic to DLL. There you can do whatever the fuck you want with threads.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 06:33:50 pm »
haha yeah it was pretty rubbish.

short of going to the DLL's, is using SC3 with external URLs any better at not lagging the whole game now? Currently using GetURL as a backup to the treadding option, which lag-kills with cross-continent servers.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »
first of all, you're using SC2. 2nd GetURL will wait for request to end so yes, requesting page on the other side of the world will surely lag the server.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.