Author Topic: Bots triggering OnJoinTeam()  (Read 730 times)

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
Bots triggering OnJoinTeam()
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:11:27 am »
I've been testing the newest server build, thanks to Falcon, and I've noticed that bots now trigger OnJoinTeam() event.
I think it's better this way but it may brake some scripts. So, does anyone have any objections to this change?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: Bots triggering OnJoinTeam()
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:33:14 am »
It'll most likely break compatibility with some random script(s), so there's no point in discussion, i'll have to fix it. SC2 is not to be nice anymore, it's to be compatible. nice things can happen in SC3.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:38:44 am »
It's your decision but I still think you could leave this on. Lots of scripts already had to be modified to use FormatFloat() instead of FloatToStr(), to fix math and type casting errors, etc. so compatibility has already been broken in my opinion.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »
Just add some simple check if it was player or bot and we're good to go.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 03:43:39 pm »
And make bots not trigger OnJoinTeam event at all? Great idea uncle Good Advice.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:04:30 pm by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »
I meant to leave that triggering. Later you can always check if it was human or bot and act respectively.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 05:05:31 pm »
I can't leave that triggering due to fact that there are scripts that are not maintained anymore and their users might be not experienced enough to know how to do such a thing.
- Andrew Lewis