Author Topic: Reduce switch weapon time?  (Read 1504 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Reduce switch weapon time?
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »
So soldat is supposed to be fast paced right? How about lowering the time you use to change weapon, maybe -25%.
It would be a boost for all secondarys
It might feel like people can pull up and throw the knife out of nowhere, but usually you don't notice people changing to secondary before it's too late anyway.
What do you think? It's not a suggestion yet because I want there to be a real discussion first.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:50:37 pm by homerofgods »

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: Reduce switch weapon time?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:47:46 pm »
So soldat is supposed to be fast paced right? How about lowering the time you use to change weapon, maybe -25%.
It would be a boost for all secondarys
It might feel like people can pull up and throw the knife out of nowhere, but usually you don't notice people changing to secondary before it's too late anyway.
What do you think? It's not a suggestion yet because I want there to be a real discussion first.
same thing applies here you make conscious choice to switch weapon leaving you vulnerable(because you wasting your bullets spraying or whatever) but your opponent that dodget bullets etc. is now rewarded and can catch you as a sitting duck. so by removing/negating this we are infact rewarding spraying.......

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 04:36:47 pm »
homerofgods, I'm with you. It's exactly what I thought for long years.
-25% should be good! We will see more kill combos than before, great highlights and this will look beautiful in movies too!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:42:13 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 04:53:37 pm »
this should probably only apply to socom since it's not a one shot kill

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03:29 am »
I think it's a good idea to lower the time about 25% from what it is. That way we could remove the problem of hearing your gostek picking up the knife, but when trying to throw it you'll just throw the primary weapon because the weapon switch isn't really finished.

Also the game would become slightly more fast paced. We've lost some of that with the higher bullet spreads in this version, because it's hard to kill as quickly as before. Before if not getting shot at in a short time you could easily kill three enemies in two or three seconds. You still had to burst but the time you had to wait between firing was very short and therefore you could run into gun fights with several enemies at once (at least with mp5 as how it used to work). Now it gets even harder than it used to be if outnumberd in a situation, which means that you have to be more careful. That doesn't quite fit Soldat generally and at least a quicker weapon switch would provide you with an alternative in situations where your primary weapon doesn't kill quick enough against multiple enemies.

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:47:45 am »
There is something I don't know if the devs are aware of: if you press throw button + change weapon button at the same time, you switch weapons a lot faster.

In a previous version, when the weapon was reloading, when you switched to it, it was faster than changing to a loaded weapon (I F12 to that!). :)
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:42:19 pm »
I haven't noticed the first bug.

I've seen people use weapon switching to make LAW reload faster, but personally I didn't find it worth the time to reload it even in that way. It's basically a weapon which you fire once and then throw away for something else (even after the reload time was reduced a few game versions ago). It's fine that way too. It should be kept as a powerful weapon which you normally get to use just once per spawn.