Author Topic: Improving the Bots & Single Player  (Read 1248 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Improving the Bots & Single Player
« on: July 27, 2013, 08:04:35 pm »
Since Soldat has a Single Player it would be nice to have some improvements on the bots.
Right now a Bot will not shoot an enemy if he is carrying the flag unless he spotted the efc.
Also they keep stucking at different places from time to time.

We might create some really interesting game modes or mods with better bots and they could also be helpful for the multiplayer part.

I am sure there is a large number of people who play Soldat with bots.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
Re: Improving the Bots & Single Player
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:22:06 am »
Shouldn't be too hard to implent something similar in single player I guess, since there are some quite good bot scripts around.

offtopic maybe but.. who plays singleplayer though?
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »
Shouldn't be too hard to implent something similar in single player I guess, since there are some quite good bot scripts around.

Can you point me to some?
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 01:17:24 pm »
are you interested? ill ask my mate, he used to use some not to long ago
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »
If you have some research already done they why would i repeat your work. And current AI state in soldat also concerns me.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:23 pm »

offtopic maybe but.. who plays singleplayer though?

Doing it with a script is not a solution because ppl. who play with bots will obviously not know how to make that run.
I think the focus sholdn't be that much on CTF in the next release/s.
There are some really interesting game modes avaible for Soldat and it could attract new players or keep existing users playing the game a while longer.  It would also be nice that you will not be killed by the server in the survival mode if you didn't die. It looks pretty weird and might. break your kill spree unless the server has such a script.

It might even be possible to create a single player campaign or a dynamic ingame tutorial with bots in it.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Odp: Improving the Bots & Single Player
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:05 am »
He did not say that it should be implemented scriptwise, he said that there are already implemented AI solutions in another games which we could reuse.
Also, stick to the topic please. We are not discussing how to make use of bots but how to make them better.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: Odp: Improving the Bots & Single Player
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 05:54:52 am »
He did not say that it should be implemented scriptwise, he said that there are already implemented AI solutions in another games which we could reuse.[/quoute]
Oh, I got that wrong.
Also, stick to the topic please. We are not discussing how to make use of bots but how to make them better.
[/quote
I guess we need to know how the bots might be used in future to improve them.

gather.soldat.pl