Author Topic: [Normal] Overall damage is too high?  (Read 20996 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: [Normal] Overall damage is too high?
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »
14th_account since nobody wants to gather some sctfl proes in a server, I spent some time trying to make the weapon mode a bit better. I'm guessing most people in this thread would approve of theese changes:

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=184 --> Damage=176
FireInterval=22 --> FireInterval=25

[HK MP5]
Damage=102 --> Damage=96

[Ak-74]
Damage=104 --> Damage=98

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=73 --> Damage=67

[FN Minimi]
Damage=86 --> Damage=80
MovementAcc=2 --> MovementAcc=1

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 04:58:29 pm »
nobody wants to gather some sctfl proes in a server

Just set up a gather server or two with an adjusted WM and you have it. There will eventually be discussion on the channel and in-game. Now that SCTFL is about to start, creating a topic there about the issue and experiences of people who have tried out the said servers would work fine too.

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 04:59:11 pm »
Ussocom needs nerfing as well. It's too fast and dealing too much damage.
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2013, 05:09:46 pm »
Ussocom needs nerfing as well. It's too fast and dealing too much damage.

USSOCOM punishment mode = 1

do you wanna turn it off? :< It's so fun, when you run around and pwn all these barretards or ruger noobz with Socom :D
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2013, 07:19:23 pm »
14th_account since nobody wants to gather some sctfl proes in a server, I spent some time trying to make the weapon mode a bit better. I'm guessing most people in this thread would approve of theese changes:

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=184 --> Damage=176
FireInterval=22 --> FireInterval=25

[HK MP5]
Damage=102 --> Damage=96

[Ak-74]
Damage=104 --> Damage=98

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=73 --> Damage=67

[FN Minimi]
Damage=86 --> Damage=80
MovementAcc=2 --> MovementAcc=1
why are you lowering the dmg for Ak and hk? also you should take away moveacc from ruger since autos now have the ability to worm and not be affected by moveacc or just increase the dmg and leave the moveacc

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2013, 07:44:09 pm »
First of all I wanted to do as little as possible, and rather change it even more for the next release/beta. I'd be happy to do more, but theese seamed to be the changes most people would agree on right now.

I wanted to decrease general demage so I gave a -8 decrease on the sprayer guns because their bullets are all over the place.
Desert Eagles got -10 because it was so op, but it's still just enough to get a kill on 2 headshots if you're lucky.
It wouldn't matter much if I reduced demage on barret or M79 so I just left them alone for now. (I didn't want to do too much)
I could have done some demage reduction on spas aswell, but ruger was allready a bit weaker then the other guns so I didn't tutch it.
I decided to give a little better accuracy to minimi because it's supposed to be a long ranged gun, right now it feels like it has worse accuracy than hk and steyr.

If you get some sctfl proes in a server it would great, but if you don't I'm suggesting these changes to ensure some demage reduction.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:46:57 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »
Desert Eagles got -10 because it was so op, but it's still just enough to get a kill on 2 headshots if you're lucky.
I don't get the point of this. Ruger is nowhere near getting guaranteed two hit kills, and with less bullets and slower fire interval it's inferior to Deagles.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2013, 08:45:59 pm »
I don't get the point of this. Ruger is nowhere near getting guaranteed two hit kills, and with less bullets and slower fire interval it's inferior to Deagles.
Wich is why I want to nerf DE...

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2013, 06:31:52 am »
First of all I wanted to do as little as possible, and rather change it even more for the next release/beta. I'd be happy to do more, but theese seamed to be the changes most people would agree on right now.

I wanted to decrease general demage so I gave a -8 decrease on the sprayer guns because their bullets are all over the place.
It wouldn't matter much if I reduced demage on barret or M79 so I just left them alone for now. (I didn't want to do too much)
I could have done some demage reduction on spas aswell, but ruger was allready a bit weaker then the other guns so I didn't tutch it.
I decided to give a little better accuracy to minimi because it's supposed to be a long ranged gun, right now it feels like it has worse accuracy than hk and steyr.

If you get some sctfl proes in a server it would great, but if you don't I'm suggesting these changes to ensure some demage reduction.

Very good strategy. I'm on.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2013, 06:41:01 am »

I meant what's the point of having Deagles to "get a kill on 2 headshots if you're lucky." Deagles shouldn't be able to kill in two shots in any situation.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:22 am »

I meant what's the point of having Deagles to "get a kill on 2 headshots if you're lucky." Deagles shouldn't be able to kill in two shots in any situation.
I guess I was thinking that it would encourage deagle users to try to aim well, it would be funny for them to sometimes hit a perfect two shots. But although it's still possible I made it so that it's very difficult, it would't happen often. If I lower damage by 1 more it would be impossible, we could do a poll on it and see what people want.
Ruger has way more chance of getting a kill on 2 shots. I tested it.

Listen..
If I was in charge of the weapon balance I would decreace movement accuracy of ruger. I would lower the bullet spread on HK and instead give it more interval, then balance it out with demage.
I would give both minimi and ak more interval, and instead more demage/accuracy.
I would give soccom close to 0 fireinterval so you would be able to shoot as fast as humanly possible, but lower damage.
I would perhaps nerf barret a bit, but I like to be able to doubblekill sometimes.
I am quite confident I would make a better minigun aswell

Actually I might upload my ideal weapon balance later, but for now I just wanted to suggest the most important changes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:57:59 am by homerofgods »

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »

I guess I was thinking that it would encourage deagle users to try to aim well, it would be funny for them to sometimes hit a perfect two shots. But although it's still possible I made it so that it's very difficult, it would't happen often. If I lower damage by 1 more it would be impossible, we could do a poll on it and see what people want.
Ruger has way more chance of getting a kill on 2 shots. I tested it.

Listen..
If I was in charge of the weapon balance I would decreace movement accuracy of ruger. I would lower the bullet spread on HK and instead give it more interval, then balance it out with demage.
I would give both minimi and ak more interval, and instead more demage/accuracy.
I would give soccom close to 0 fireinterval so you would be able to shoot as fast as humanly possible, but lower damage.
I would perhaps nerf barret a bit, but I like to be able to doubblekill sometimes.
I am quite confident I would make a better minigun aswell

Actually I might upload my ideal weapon balance later, but for now I just wanted to suggest the most important changes.
soccom should have a faster weapon switch time then the rest of the secondaries since it's not a one-hit or maybe add recoil to the gun along  with high dmg and less bullets idk

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:18 pm »
I spent the whole day making a suggestion for new weapon mode:
http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=45992.15

From the feedback I got in the server and on the sctfl forums I'm going to make a new suggestion to 14th_account where I change even less that I thought was necessary.

I think this is what I have landed on:

// Changes from 1.6.6b1 -> 1.6.6b2
// Deagles      dmg -4  fireinterval +1
// HK MP5       dmg -2
// Ak           dmg -2
// Steyr        dmg -2
// Barrett      dmg -45  moveacc -1  bink -20
// Minimi      dmg -2  moveacc -1
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:06:35 pm by homerofgods »