Poll

Should hat/helmet stay off?

F12 Yes :)
F11 No :(

Author Topic: /takeoff stay off  (Read 1198 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
/takeoff stay off
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »
As we all know, /takeoff makes you take off your hat/helmet, but if you die and respawn it's back on you. I'd find it better if the hat/helmet stayed off until you used /takeoff again

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Re: /takeoff stay off
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:28:48 pm »
I think it's fine the way it is, and can't really see any advantage in changing it. Mind going into the details of why you think it's better to not respawn with your usual appearance?
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Mighty

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:18:15 am »
I think it's fine the way it is, and can't really see any advantage in changing it. Mind going into the details of why you think it's better to not respawn with your usual appearance?

Ability to show your opponents that from now on you're serious by taking off your helmet and showing them those red deadly dreadlocks! Only thing that comes to my mind :p
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 04:13:42 am »
why even put it on if you dont want it to be on?

Just rejoin and change settings i guess :P
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 08:10:54 am »
F12; I agree /takeoff should keep the helmet off after respawn. I can understand the position where you play with it on, and then you get your 'game face on' and /takeoff and start to play more seriously, now with a 'totally new look' (red dreadlocks :D), even after respawning. That would be quite satisfactory. Maybe a /smoke first though.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 12:38:15 pm »
As mentioned, 'gameface' would be the clue to why I want the change. If I have to ''Just rejoin and change settings'' every time I want to change apparence it's not worth it anymore, then I usually end up allways playing without the hat/helmet.
I realise it's not an important change, but it might give people some feeling of control when they want the hat on or off.
If you deside to take off the hat, in what situation do you want it back on when you respawn?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:39:55 pm by homerofgods »