Poll

Do you support this suggestion?

F12 Yes :)
F11 No :(

Author Topic: Affecting reload time  (Read 6779 times)

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
Re: Affecting reload time
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 05:14:50 am »
Awesome! That sure counts. I also just found another example in a shitty Hollywood movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDKXozA0M4&t=38s

I guess I have to implement it now...

Offline Ninosan

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 08:37:02 pm »
F12 please. Im m79 noob

Offline jasmi

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 08:48:08 pm »
F12 please. I'm a M79 noob too.

Offline Dark-General

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 09:44:46 pm »
Sup?

As a freakin' old player, I support this commitment... purpose... thing... whatever. Let's roll!

kthxbai

Offline soldatrage

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 12:45:09 am »
My answer to this poll was yes. The reasoning behind my yes vote was i have been bothered by this aspect of combat in Soldat for the many years i have played, if this actually took effect in the game it would make it more skillful and fun to play for everyone. Some people may be skeptical but i can assure the many of you that if this actually takes place in the game you will see that it will make Soldat an overall better game. Now it will play a big part for me if it takes place because i am a CTF player but have always been very intrigued with dodging i can cannonball, prone cancel and many other tricks but at the moment this play style i have isn't working well for me because every time i do one of these tricks to dodge it delays my reloading hence me getting in bad positioning a lot of the time resulting in my death or just massive failures.

There are a couple of points i would like to make:
1. This being put into action will encourage majority of Soldat players to learn all the little tricks that make the game great.
2. It will give some of the older players reason to keep learning and perfecting their skills.
3. Soldat will eventually become a game of skill and dodging making others want to keep playing and new players to start playing.

All i want is for Soldat to be all it can be and for the players to be all they can be aswell. So i completely agree with every point of this you should be able to reload while backflipping,Grenade throwing,rolling,proning/unproning. -Rage :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:53:57 am by soldatrage »

Offline MAiN

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 10:36:08 pm »
I'm not going to repeat the same thoughts that others have already stated above me, since they were already clear enough
It's definitely frustrating to avoid your movement/dodge skill in order to reload faster.
IMO to be able to reload while CB/backflips prone/unprone just follows Soldat phylosophy

Offline 9host

• Major(1)
  • my trains of thought derail and run through shit
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 07:23:07 am »
please consider my response a general expression of concern and motivation. it falls within the context of this thread, as well as the broader perspectives pertaining to Soldat.

we're scared, and we're scared to admit we're scared.

there's an internal struggle to accept change, which is inherently human. it's understandable to fear the future, and sometimes it's difficult to imagine ourselves in it. but we have been kids, and yet we play like kids. because we each hold so dearly to our beloved game Soldat, it is difficult for us to let it grow up. as if it were our own child, we wish forever to relive the young memories we have had in our years playing Soldat.

it is unnatural, however, for life not to evolve. i believe the world itself evolves everyday, whether we r aware of the phenomenon or not. perhaps it may sound childish, but Soldat is a world for me, as well. i want to sea it blooming differently every season; i want to exp. new adventures every day and dream new dreams every night; i want to sea Soldat expand into endless opportunity...!

many misfortunes will come of changeā€”i am not afraid to admit that.

nonetheless, the greatest misfortune is to have relinquished the moment you were inspired to wish for a desire and then to wallow in the regret of never having had the chance to exp. it.

we should appreciate the world, Soldat, for being imperfect, for that is wut bestows us its dynamic beauty. if we were to persist to pretend Soldat is perfect in 1 aspect or another, eventually we would grow out of our illusions; eventually, we would abandon the world that was Soldat without ever consciously realizing it.

i fear that more than nething.

hence, i ask that we do not restrain Soldat from existing in harmony with world order. however disastrous or miraculous or insignificant or emotional or virtuous it may be, the power of wishes is the only power we control over the world.

i do wish to sea reload time effects nullified, for the reasons i've stated above along with the many mechanical qualities in favor of the freedom of movement in Soldat gameplay.
boo!

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 02:59:49 pm »
F12ed. I am definitelly for this suggestion. Why wouldn't it be in soldat. It is not crazy at all. Just watch some soldat matches. Don't think about realistic aspect of the game, it is not a real war. It should be fast-paced 2D shooter. Jumping, backfliping and then right in the action. No waiting for the reload after my hopping around.
We have some awesome moves in soldat, it is not just about perfect aim, but you should be able to run away from enemy base or to do fast rush, to be unpredictable and this feature will just boost the game :).

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 07:12:24 pm »
I'm not sure I fully agree with having it always reload whatever you do, but I could see just slowering the reload speed while backflipping/rolling/etc, instead of completely halting it, could work.

Offline 2FastRealMaaan

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:01 am »
Well , for me , i completely agree with you..
Actually it's been annoying me alot...Whenever i try to dodge i dont have reload advantage, especially with barret and m79..

It would be just perfect if i could reload while doing mini jumps and cannon balls!

Votes UP! :3
=3

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 01:24:12 pm »
If you had actually read the initial post instead of rushing to vote right after registering you'd know this wouldn't affect the Barrett at all, as animations don't delay the fire interval.

Offline Walls

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:30 pm »
I'm m79 noob. Yes.

But really, i think a reloaded weapon should be available to use after you do a roll.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:05:28 pm by Walls »

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:47 pm »
someone should put a server with the m79's fire interval and reloadtime similars to the barret
this way you can test if this suggestion actually do some good to the gameplay
although i would like to test it with all the weapons..
anyway i wanna check this feature in-game badly :D

Offline 2FastRealMaaan

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »
If you had actually read the initial post instead of rushing to vote right after registering you'd know this wouldn't affect the Barrett at all, as animations don't delay the fire interval.

I play mostly oneshots ctf. And even though the reaload doesn't happen that often with the barret, it still is annoying. Sure not as much as m79 which relaods between each shot. But i still think it should be fixed for all weapons.

And I'm sorry for registering so late in the forums. I wanted to participate since a long time. Unlucky me, i kept having troubles with activation.
=3

Offline ki0sk

• Major
  • Amazing Horse
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 07:47:20 pm »
I vote yes.

Let's make this gostek more badass.

You can use saw when rolling, why not reload too?

oh and add bloodsaw back :)
♥Ooh that's dirty!

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 10:33:45 am »
soldatrage's response changed my mind. I go for f12 now.
Ginn's suggestion is also interesting
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »
Thank you everyone, for replying to my suggestion.
I'm in no doubt what so ever that reload time should not be affected by rolling, backflipping or proning/unproning.
However, I'm having second thoughts about removing the delay when nading.

- First of all, when you dodge you are not attacking anyone, you are trying to survive so you can come back later with full ammo. But should you choose to use a nade, it's attacking, and therefor I don't mind it delaying reload for a bit.
- Secondly, it's not realistic to be able to throw a nade while reloading.
- Thirdly, I feel that if we remove the delay when nading it changes gameplay a bit, you can spam nades any time without thinking, as opposed to rolling, proning and backflipping where I feel we are fixing a bug.

Am I right? It would be a compromise that more people would be willing to accept.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:23:43 am by homerofgods »