Author Topic: 1:1 mouse tracking  (Read 3103 times)

Offline chox

• Major(1)
1:1 mouse tracking
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:22:55 am »
current sens 1:1 number seems to be between 50-53% range
why is it like that, 100% should offer 1:1 tracking.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: 1:1 mouse tracking
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »
Not to be to helpful, but just curious, what does it exactly mean "1:1 tracking and is it supposed to be affected by mouse sens?

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:44:25 am »
Not to be to helpful, but just curious, what does it exactly mean "1:1 tracking and is it supposed to be affected by mouse sens?

Have a read through this http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide good read and decent tips even if it is more focused for fps gaming.

I think using mouse reg fixes helps chox, ever tried? Theres cpl fix or the cheese mouse fix if I remember correctly, depends what windows you use(just google a bit.)

Then again the cursor never seems to be where it is in soldat(in terms of where your bullets are going etc..), I don't know if some dev could comment about it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:58:23 am by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:13:17 am »
Then again the cursor never seems to be where it is in soldat(in terms of where your bullets are going etc..), I don't know if some dev could comment about it?
You're right. I think there would be many things to improve regarding aiming.

e.g.:
  • The weird bullet arc skip when aiming directly upwards. (when you switch the way your gostek is facing)
  • The excessively long cursor movement "smoothing" that makes twitch aiming and aiming while jumping sloppy and unnecessary hard.
  • Projectile inherited velocity physics "all over the place" ( guns@ 50%, grenades@ 100%, knives@ 0% )

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 03:00:04 am »
Soldat uses a virtual mouse. It also moves the camera when you move the mouse. The virtual mouse is limited to a certain area which is different from the one the mouse is bound to. You could try to change mouse sensibility to 200% maybe it helps.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline chox

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:11:34 am »
1:1 tracking means that your sensivity in game is exact same as desktop sensivity so you can develop proper muscle memory in all games instead of having it different in every game
it's also important to find correct sensivity so you can avoid skipping pixels

Have a read through this http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide good read and decent tips even if it is more focused for fps gaming.

I think using mouse reg fixes helps chox, ever tried? Theres cpl fix or the cheese mouse fix if I remember correctly, depends what windows you use(just google a bit.)

of course i've no mouse accel, that's common knowledge of using mouse along with boosting usb polling rate for improved mouse reaction time

You're right. I think there would be many things to improve regarding aiming.

e.g.:
  • The weird bullet arc skip when aiming directly upwards. (when you switch the way your gostek is facing)
  • The excessively long cursor movement "smoothing" that makes twitch aiming and aiming while jumping sloppy and unnecessary hard.
  • Projectile inherited velocity physics "all over the place" ( guns@ 50%, grenades@ 100%, knives@ 0% )
that's also right, it inhibits proper aiming, but that is not what thread is about.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:22:31 am by chox »