Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.4 RELEASED!  (Read 41257 times)

Offline skrX

• Soldier
  • x ye.
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.4 RELEASED!
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2013, 08:51:40 am »
Hello guys,

Sometimes display to me string error. Then I can't close soldat. I confirmed, pressing OK , but continuously display this error.

Access violation at address 77952535 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 000A045F.

What going on?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:55:57 am by skrX »

Offline Mighty

• Camper
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2013, 09:57:30 am »
Hello guys,

Sometimes display to me string error. Then I can't close soldat. I confirmed, pressing OK , but continuously display this error.

Access violation at address 77952535 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 000A045F.

What going on?

There are better places to report problems like this.
Try to look for solution here: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=26788.0
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2013, 12:08:16 pm »
Having played a couple of matches in 1.6.4, I really dislike the delay that was added to nades. Of course it doesn't sound like a very big thing but boosting has become a lot more trickier than it used to be. It's not a huge problem with routes where you don't have to backflip before the boost but for example the alt route of Laos isn't as flowy as it used to be.

I'd really appreciate if the delay was removed but then again something that was added so silenty isn't probably going away any time soon... Making bug abusing (prone cancel ;]]) easier at the expense of a huge part of the gameplay is no good.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2013, 12:37:39 pm »
I find nade boosting easier in 1.6.4 than in 1.6.3. I die way less often when boosting than I used to.

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:47 pm »
[...] something that was added so silenty isn't probably going away any time soon...

From the changelog:
- Modified minimum time required to hold the grenade key before it being thrown increased by about 7% to reduce accidents

The delay before being able to release the grenade was increased from ~233 ms to ~250 ms. So to be pedantic a delay wasn't added - it was only slightly increased. Though maybe the new timing is just tripping you up? Of course it's going to feel weird if you've only played a couple of matches. Let me know if it still feels weird after a week or two.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2013, 01:24:22 pm »
The delay before being able to release the grenade was increased from ~233 ms to ~250 ms. So to be pedantic a delay wasn't added - it was only slightly increased. Though maybe the new timing is just tripping you up? Of course it's going to feel weird if you've only played a couple of matches. Let me know if it still feels weird after a week or two.

The last part of my message was mostly sarcastic, my point being that the change was (imo) unnecessary, done without asking around and mostly because it was (afaik) driven by only a small group of players on the expense of players who rely more on the basic mechanics of the game. Don't get me wrong, I use these tricks a lot too but the nade thing never bothered me before. My view was that "runners" as the tiniest minority shouldn't really complain when a basic part of the game mechanics is making their more advanced, and partly mechanic abusing, tricks harder. And it didn't really even make it harder, you'd just drop a nade once in a while if you were playing sloppily, it's not as if it was happening all the time - to myself, very rarely.

I had the same opinion when the first betas were released, still have it too and I don't think it's going to change. It's true I havent got as used to it as I had without the delay, but it won't change the fact that it's made worse and all I can do besides complaining here is to accept it whether I like it or not. Relying on boosting a lot, I notice the delay and how it's making my lines less fluent all the time.

/mad

Offline No-Mercy

• Major
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »
You have removed the grenades through walls bug, but now through the thin walls you can kill with the chainsaw!

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2013, 02:20:09 am »
Well if I jabbed a chainsaw through the floor of the room you're sitting in now, and started swirling it about beneath you, I'm pretty sure I could do some harm.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2013, 02:32:36 am »
You have removed the grenades through walls bug, but now through the thin walls you can kill with the chainsaw!

sounds like a good thing to me, adds some fun :D
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline No-Mercy

• Major
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:54 am »

sounds like a good thing to me, adds some fun :D

Yes, it is really funny, but it is not fair that the grenades can not pass!  ;)

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »
Sry guyz im late  [pigtail]

If I wanted to get through a wall, I'd choose a chainsaw over a grenade any day of de weeek broh

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »
(no more bloodsaw!?!?! >:( )
You're right. It seems that Easter egg is broken since 1.6.4.

Reported in Mantis: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=427

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2013, 07:00:26 am »
You're right. It seems that Easter egg is broken since 1.6.4.

Reported in Mantis: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=427

I missed that as well. Good job with reporting. :)
Also, locking this thread - move discussion to the most recent devlogs.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."