Author Topic: Integration of voice communication.  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
Integration of voice communication.
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:48:32 am »
I've seen somewhere (maybe even in eC's statements) that it was planned to implent TeamSpeak into the game or something like this.
Are we going to see this feature in the future?

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: Integration of voice communication.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:09:11 am »
teamspeak was integrated into the game at some point, but as far as i remember there were some issues with it

what im dreaming about is built it voice communication in soldat :p
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:41:27 am »
I spoke with Overwolf team and they said something about adding support for soldat.
As to the teamspeak integration - it should be there in the config. You can turn it on/off. What it does it was adding an overlay with people in the same channel as you. Dunno if it works now, haven't tried.
As to adding then voice chat into the game - HELL NO!
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 05:32:44 pm »
Soldat has teamspeak2 support. But i didn't see anyone using it and I'm not sure if it even works.
I looked into how to integrate mumble support at one point.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:24:00 pm »
Soldat has teamspeak2 support. But i didn't see anyone using it and I'm not sure if it even works.

Hmm, interesting reply.
Well, most of the users who posted here are right in some point...But still implented voice communication is a good thing if you ask me.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 03:50:08 pm »

I didn't understand the idea when the support for TS was added and I still don't. If you're going to have to run the program anyway, the most simple way is just running it on the background without any integration to Soldat. Also it didn't work out with TS, why would Mumble work any other way? Unless the voip system is completely integrated into Soldat (in a way that every major game has) I'd suggest removing the integration and perhaps adding a quick guide for using a separate software.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:51:36 am »
I didn't understand the idea when the support for TS was added and I still don't.
It doesn't work.

Unless the voip system is completely integrated into Soldat (in a way that every major game has)
You just made up my suggestion here. Integrated or partly-implented voice communication makes the game more professional in my opinion.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 03:46:04 pm »
Overwolf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdxaOTm7R10
It will not work with soldat as of now, but perhaps if someone made a soldat app

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »
Overwolf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdxaOTm7R10
It will not work with soldat as of now, but perhaps if someone made a soldat app

I have contacted them some time ago (week or two) and they replied to me that they really love our studio and games done by us. I've asked them for adding support for KAG and Soldat. So we might see it some day.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."