Author Topic: [SOLVED] Disconnecting every 10 minute for no reasons!!!  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Magistarium

• Major(1)
[SOLVED] Disconnecting every 10 minute for no reasons!!!
« on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:40 am »
Hi guys

Since version 1.6.5 came out, something strange happens
everything starts normally. Soldat opens, I refresh the lobby, i get in one of the server and I play/chat with ppl. But after a time, something goes wrong. In my screen nothing changes. I run, dodge bullet, shoot ppl but its like the other players don't see me and my bullets/grenades won't hurt them. And about 5 secondes later it writes ''you disconnected'' on the chat and i quit the server. after that i can reenter the server and everything seems fine. But it happens again every 10 minutes.

Here some things i noticed about my disconnecting.
when i see myself running normally, others see my running in a wall like any disconnected retard.
even if im running into a wall looking like a retard, i can still chat normally and the other see my text. i still disconnect few seconds after that (THATS strange)
It wont happen if i spec, even if i spec for an hour, if i join the game its the same.
more ppl there is in the server faster it happens, i played 30 minutes once without disconnecting in a 1vs1
It does the same on any server even if ping is 30 or 9999.
I lag hard! usually my ping is 60. But now its 115-130.

i changed my internet services in the same times of the release. My new modem didn't have wifi. So first i tought it was the new router i had to buy that was the problem (D-LINK DIR 815).
so i tried playing without it directly on the modem. Same problem i kept disconnecting. So i called my new internet services company. They made me tried the game, ping the servers while i was playing, cheking something i dont know about the wires. Anyway everything was fine. No prob from there side.

So i tried reinstaling the game completly. no changes
Tried every screen resolutions. no changes
fps limiter on/off, diferrent video config no changes.

I have tried everything i can do from myself. All i can say is that seems to be a sync probleme between me and ''what i say'' to the server.

Windows 7 premium(never changed it, always worked well since the last 5 years)
AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.80GHz
6go RAM

I know basics about computers don't ask me too much. Sorry about my poor english, I'm french canadian, Sorry. (we don't apologize all the time btw)

Thx in advance. I hope you guys can help me. Since that, i cant play any CW and that's real sad.

Mag
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:25:03 pm by Magistarium »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: Disconnecting every 10 minute for no reasons!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:42:12 am »
i don't think it's a problem with the game, it's gotta be the connection. You can try it by joining IRC and seeing if it disconnects you from time to time.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:56:20 am »
This sounds like an issue with the quality of connection on your line.

Please visit http://www.pingtest.net/ to run a test and then post your results here.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Magistarium

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:30:50 am »
Well I think the results are real Bad. My connection might have cancer. heres the results:
0% paquet lost.
527ms ping.
6ms jitter.
I'm a D grade.I fail.
I'll change my name. Magistarium to iMAGlagalotsoz.

But seriuously dr. Am I sick?
and if its the case. What do i do?

Offline Magistarium

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 12:40:08 am »
I just did a speedtest. heres the results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3028424647
Why is the ping on the pingtest 527ms and in the speedtest its 49...
I don't get it.

Plz dr. Cure my connection!

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:32 am »
It is not necessarily a death sentence for your internet connection. You have zero packet loss, which shows that you don't have any line quality issues in that regard.

As a frame of reference, I tested my ping while my connection was at full throttle (using 2.8 MB/s out of my average 2.9) and while it was not being used at all, and I received the following results:

Full throttle:
Ping: 505ms
Jitter: 101ms
Packet Loss: 0%
Rating: F

Ping test only:
Ping: 19ms
Jitter: 1ms
Packet Loss: 0%
Rating: B

Assuming you aren't miles away from the test servers, this seems to indicate that a large portion of your internet connection is being utilized by another piece of software. Do you have any programs running in the background or alongside Soldat? Would you mind restarting your PC in safe mode and visiting the ping test to see if your results improve?

Please click here for the steps you need to take to enter safe mode.

Offline Magistarium

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 01:28:05 pm »
Wow that's insane. here's the results in Safemode: http://www.pingtest.net/result/87848256.png

24ms ping
1 ms jitter
0% paquet lost. I'm a grade A now.
and on the speedtest:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3033330936
23 ping.

I have to say that I AM miles away from the closest server. in fact 400 miles. and i usually play on czech servers.

So if i understand what u says, other programs uses my bandwidth and thats what makes me lag and disconnecting. So i got to clearout thoses programs before I start playing.

But i already do open taskmanager and delete all the stuff i dont use like chrome, adobe update and Itunes. What else should i supress? Should i block my wifi (it got a password) to my other stuff like my smartphone and gf's laptop while i play? Should I format my harddisk and start everything as new?

BTW thx very much. I have an idea of what is happening with my Soldat now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:38:07 pm by Magistarium »

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »
While reformatting your PC is a pretty drastic move, it's the most surefire way to ensure there isn't a piece of spyware or some other malicious software using your bandwidth.

I'd recommend downloading Spybot and giving it a run through, as well as updating and running a scan through your anti-virus software. That should eliminate any possibly malicious software you've got on your PC.

Otherwise, if you just want a fresh start, reformatting your computer is a safe bet.

Offline Swazo

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 12:10:39 pm »
If you don't want to go through reformatting you're whole computer but still want to try getting all of the malware and spyware of your system, here's a method I use frequently with great success:

• Get yourself a USB stick/drive and wipe it clean if you can. This is to eliminate all sources  of contamination.
  • Install MalwareBytes and RKillonto your USB.
  • Boot your computer into safemode.
  • Double click on the RKill.exe file and let it run for a while. This will stop every trojan, spyware, rootkit, virus, etc. from running on your computer and generate a txt file for you to look at when it's done.
  • Run a scan with MalwareBytes and let that finish. Delete/Quarantine any dangerous files that it finds afterwards
  • Reboot your computer and let it load normally
  • Run PingTest again and let us know if that worked! (You could do another scan at this point but tbh it should be fine by then).

I would also highly recommend you install or update your anti virus and firewall software. If you don't have either there's plenty of free options (Spybot, Avast, Comodo Firewall, AVG, etc.) but I personally find Microsoft Security Essentials works awesome and it never bugs you to upgrade to a premium account (the same goes for Windows Firewall). If you can't those working though..you might have another problem on your hands as some malware can really fuck up your windows install. If that's the case you could either try various regedits and fixes or just reinstall windows.

Hope this helps.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 12:17:57 pm »
Swazo thx for this info. I'm gonna try it myself instead of reformating next time

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 01:18:01 pm »
Thanks for the major assist Swazo.

Offline Magistarium

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 12:52:00 pm »
First of all thx for help guys. But disconnecting problem is still present.

Here's a list of what i've done.
I downloaded spybot, malwerbytes and rkill.exe

I did what you said. Ran it on safe mode. used Rkill and made a fullscan with spybot, malwareB, Smitfraudfix, CCleaner. delete some useless programs and toolbars/mods on IE(i dont use it)
I defragled after that.

Ran a ping test on Safemode.
Google chrome safemode: 23 ping
firefox safemode: 23 ping
After that i came back on normal mode
Ran a Ping test
Google Chrome: 526 ping
Firefrox: 23 ping

So I deleted Chrome. Didnt reinstaled it yet. Ran a test on a Czech server (i'm still from Canada) on soldat. Same disconnecting problem. This time I spotted something funny.. I disconnect a minute after a ping peak.

What I didn't test:
Didn't run Soldat on safemode to see if there's a difference
I can't access the HOSTS files witk rkill. even if i download what it ask me. does it change something?
I didn't try yet to play online on others games. like borderlands2. To see if there's the same problem.
Didn't formated my PC yet. I'm a bit scared.
I could have paid to reup my old NOD32 antivirus but not sure if i got the money for that. uses spybot and malwareB now i guess.
Didn't try running Soldat on the modem only after all the modifications.

Well guys. I don't get it. I stopped every program that uses my connection while I play. Am I mising something?

Offline Swazo

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 01:00:56 pm »
Magistarium,

Definitely try another online game and see if you're still having connection issues.

Regarding your HOSTS file.. What do you mean by you can't access it? It might be set to Read Only in which case you can Right Click -> Properties -> change settings. Or is just hidden from you/missing entirely?

I'm stumped as to why you get such a ping difference between Chrome and Firefox. The only thing I can think of is its either Malware still on your computer or some extensions within chrome being funky...

Did Spybot, MalwareBytes, etc. find anything when you did the scan? Did you try running another scan when booted regularly to see if you got the same results?

Running Soldat on safemode shouldn't be relevant. The fact that you're getting such big connection issues when in normal vs safe mode means theres definitely either some malware on your computer or your copy of windows is broken in some way (hopefully the former).

Lapis and homerofgods,

No problem. If you want more info you should check out some of the tutorials on BleepingComputer. They go into a lot more depth than I did and they have a lot of other great resources for troubleshooting computer problems.

I basically lived on that site during college thanks to a faulty power supply causing an untold amount of issues; power failures/surges fucked my graphics card up hardcore; constant improper shutdowns corrupted Windows boot files and other essential services; having a broken copy of windows opened a lot of holes for malware; basically everything was going wrong at once and I had no idea why. I even brought it in to BestBuy and they said it was my harddrive (which was definitely suffering from the bad power supply but itself wasn't the problem). I basically went through and replaced every part before I finally realized it was the power supply. BleepingComputer helped me keep my computer working despite my stupidity.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:09:28 pm by Swazo »

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 04:28:02 am »
Well, if the issue is still happening then try going to speedtest.net and giving it a test. Once you have your internet speed, download TCP Optimizer (http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php) and configure it to use the optimal settings for your internet speed. Perhaps there's an issue with one of your connection settings. Optimizing your configuration should help either way.

Offline Magistarium

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »
Hi guys,

Sorry for all the waiting. My problem is solved! Finally! I talked to 3 or 4 tech guys about my problem and they all said the same things that you said to me. Go on pingtest, do you run torrents? try to scan your computer for virus and spys... One of them told me that 5mbps wasn't enough fast to game online. I should pay a bit more for a 10mbps. So that's what I did. Called my internet company, paid 15$ more for a month. I received my new modem yesterday. Plug it in. internet works perfectly. I go on speedtest... And i still have only 5mbps...wtf? calling them back (again) they say that the changes have not being applied that i'll have my 10mbps in 24-48 hours.

So I was like ''what do I do now, waiting for 48 hours. I could go play a game of soldat indeed.'' (this game is addictive) And... no more Disconnecting!?! What!?! go back on speedtest still 5mg/s.

So the problem was the company modem. Back from my first post, I say that the dcing probleme started at the same time i changed internet company and the new 1.6.3 update.

I'm stumped as to why you get such a ping difference between Chrome and Firefox. The only thing I can think of is its either Malware still on your computer or some extensions within chrome being funky...

About that massive ping difference between chrome and firefox, one of the tech told me that its a normal issue caused by the number of servers that chrome uses. Told me that to test the speed or ping we should use IE.

Thx again so much for your help and your fast anwers you guys are awesome!