Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.6 RELEASED!  (Read 38419 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.6 RELEASED!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 05:54:32 pm »
why our pants change on every maps?
Perhaps because of this option in soldat config:
Clanmatch (team colors are based on first player in team)

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 06:14:17 pm »
Cool version, good job ;]

- Fixed pressing both [ left ] and [ right ] movement keys should move you in the first direction pressed #380
But this one sux as hell... i hate it like all climbers and also most ppl i think... back it to normal pls

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »
nope

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2013, 06:29:43 pm »
Hello, I bought this game many years ago, and I thank you for your work. Unfortunately I'm just a climber, and with this update, the movement has changed radically. It's like if you ask someone who has walked all his life on his feet, starting to walk on his hands .. and all this without a valid reason.
I would like to ask if it was possible to restore that change, or create a patch for climbers .. For me it is frustrating to play now whereas before it was fun ..
My English is bad, so I'm using google translate and I apologize for any errors.
Thanks for your attention, greetings.
What I mean is that now when I press A (hold) and after W + D (hold) I'm going to the left instead of the right.
I really hope that it is reversible.

Cool version, good job ;]

- Fixed pressing both [ left ] and [ right ] movement keys should move you in the first direction pressed #380
But this one sux as hell... i hate it like all climbers and also most ppl i think... back it to normal pls

Please check out the Complaint on new movement system tread for further discussion about this issue.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Bait]

• Major(1)
  • I am the law!
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2013, 06:41:51 pm »

mmmm bad option :/

Offline NightKing

• Major(1)
  • Boom chicka wah wah
    • NightKing Videos!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 11:45:20 pm »
Analyzing the weapons a bit (normal mode), I came to the conclusion that they're too noob friendly now.

Let's take the big minigun as an example: Pre 1.6.6, the spread in the bullets was HUGE, and that weapon required skill to use (shoot, wait for spread to reduce, shoot again). Now, the bullets go in a straight line, all of them, even if you hold the shoot button only, as there is no thing as recoil on that gun. You can now literally snipe someone with the gun, shoot through a window (as example taking the map ctf_Ash) with high precission and do similar manuevers that would earlier be impossible to even think about.
The spread on spass, oh Lord... There is no spread at all. All the pellets go in a straight "bullet cloud", not spreading at all. Now, possible to snipe enemies with spass by multi-hitting them with several pellets at once on high range.
All the automatic guns have like no spread now. Constantly holding down the fire trigger button (a.k.a spraying) will not make your aim any worse, which is now more noob friendly than ever before.
Barret's bink change ... Just lol ... If you ever want automatic guns to have a real comeback in the game, then already increase the bink on the God damn thing. An AK can be hitting you on 50 meters distance, your crosshair enlarges, but still you hit exactly into your attacker.
Deagles 2 shot killing, hilarious. Even the ruger sometimes doesn't kill with 2 shots, and not to mention that the deagles have 7 bullets while the ruger has 4. Another gun crippled in comparison to the other one.

And as a finishing touch:
The USSOCOM. This is too much, really. The accuracy we all know is already perfect, just the velocity trail needs to be learned, which isn't hard obviously. But the main concern about that weapon (actually, SECONDARY weapon) is the OH MY LORD damage. I've ran across Pub servers with the USSOCOM only, doing better than people with barrets, and regular auto guns. This secondary weapon can replace and primary weapon, and if kept this way, you can easily drop the "Primary weapons" line by 1 spot, making the USSOCOM one of them. When will the nerf of the USSOCOM happen? Waiting so long for it.
Back in the days, the USSOCOM was rarely a killer weapon, it was mostly used defensively, to bink (yes, it existed back then) your enemies (which mostly used barret ofcourse) and save yourself from a bullet. Now, it's as strong as a primary weapon, sometimes being even better than some of them.

As for movement, for me it's nice and smooth now. The rolling out of prone move is well done, adding some more dynamics to the dodging.

Hope some of these problems will be looked into.
Greetings,
Night.~
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:50:22 pm by NightKing »

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:58 am »
Analyzing the weapons a bit (normal mode), I came to the conclusion that they're too noob friendly now....

What?! USSOCOM too powerful? STFU, noob!

Weaken BARRETT, no ussocom. Now barrett = NO BINK, NO BINK, NO BINK. Typical crap for noobs.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:38 am »
Please voice your opinion in a kinder way. No need to insult anyone.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 10:33:33 am »
NightKing: I think you're wrong on every account regarding the weapons. If you still feel this way then take it to the Weapon Discussion part of the forum. I'm not sure why you're even mentioning these things here because the changes I think you're describing were made in 1.6.4.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:39 am »
The weapon mode actually isn't that bad. I was also shocked by the overall demage at first, but it's better now. Need to play more before I can feel certain of anything though, but NightKing you should give it a chance to adapt

Offline Ymies

• Major
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 01:52:25 pm »
the new balance seems great. i just feel like hits not registering has increased dozenfold

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2013, 11:43:15 am »
Aren't the weapons a bit too inaccurate now? Hitting anything from about 1 screens length seems to be mostly about luck now. I haven't played vs actual players but, I think you took it a bit too far.
Minigun gaining 1 dmg is probably not gonna end so well either...

Edit: Ruger is probably gonna dominate now actually.
K, just played an sctfl match... AK seems pretty fucking OP. Also, did something happen to the netcode or something? People die like flies.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2013, 12:47:06 pm »
Aren't the weapons a bit too inaccurate now? Hitting anything from about 1 screens length seems to be mostly about luck now. I haven't played vs actual players but, I think you took it a bit too far.
Minigun gaining 1 dmg is probably not gonna end so well either...

Edit: Ruger is probably gonna dominate now actually.
K, just played an sctfl match... AK seems pretty fucking OP. Also, did something happen to the netcode or something? People die like flies.
Are we playing the same version?

EDIT: user was unable to quote correctly
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:07:31 pm by Shoozza »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »
Are we playing the same version?
Well, lots of knife and nade eats, but gunning down people goes really fast. Though we were playing poles, so I suspected it was just because of that. About people dying so fast to guns might just be because last match I played was a week ago, so maybe my memory of it is just biased, but it does feel faster.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:13:44 am by ginn »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:09 am »
Well, okay, everyone should stop playing it. Hah... gg

;)

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2013, 07:12:03 am »
Continuous improvement barrett destroys Soldat...

My dream: Reset to version 1.4.2. I am thinking of setting a weapon.

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2014, 12:50:34 pm »
There is no bink for barrett in deathmatch mode! Why? ??? Many players complain about this change.

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2014, 01:55:12 pm »
That seems to be a bug. I'm surprised no one noticed it earlier. Will be fixed for 1.6.7.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2014, 02:24:01 am »
Good work on the new update!
It is really nice to see that one of my most loved games gets updates.
Keep up the good work!

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2014, 03:05:51 am »
Analyzing the weapons a bit (normal mode), I came to the conclusion that they're too noob friendly now.

Let's take the big minigun as an example: Pre 1.6.6, the spread in the bullets was HUGE, and that weapon required skill to use (shoot, wait for spread to reduce, shoot again). Now, the bullets go in a straight line, all of them, even if you hold the shoot button only, as there is no thing as recoil on that gun. You can now literally snipe someone with the gun, shoot through a window (as example taking the map ctf_Ash) with high precission and do similar manuevers that would earlier be impossible to even think about.
The spread on spass, oh Lord... There is no spread at all. All the pellets go in a straight "bullet cloud", not spreading at all. Now, possible to snipe enemies with spass by multi-hitting them with several pellets at once on high range.
All the automatic guns have like no spread now. Constantly holding down the fire trigger button (a.k.a spraying) will not make your aim any worse, which is now more noob friendly than ever before.
Barret's bink change ... Just lol ... If you ever want automatic guns to have a real comeback in the game, then already increase the bink on the God damn thing. An AK can be hitting you on 50 meters distance, your crosshair enlarges, but still you hit exactly into your attacker.
Deagles 2 shot killing, hilarious. Even the ruger sometimes doesn't kill with 2 shots, and not to mention that the deagles have 7 bullets while the ruger has 4. Another gun crippled in comparison to the other one.

And as a finishing touch:
The USSOCOM. This is too much, really. The accuracy we all know is already perfect, just the velocity trail needs to be learned, which isn't hard obviously. But the main concern about that weapon (actually, SECONDARY weapon) is the OH MY LORD damage. I've ran across Pub servers with the USSOCOM only, doing better than people with barrets, and regular auto guns. This secondary weapon can replace and primary weapon, and if kept this way, you can easily drop the "Primary weapons" line by 1 spot, making the USSOCOM one of them. When will the nerf of the USSOCOM happen? Waiting so long for it.
Back in the days, the USSOCOM was rarely a killer weapon, it was mostly used defensively, to bink (yes, it existed back then) your enemies (which mostly used barret ofcourse) and save yourself from a bullet. Now, it's as strong as a primary weapon, sometimes being even better than some of them.

As for movement, for me it's nice and smooth now. The rolling out of prone move is well done, adding some more dynamics to the dodging.

Hope some of these problems will be looked into.
Greetings,
Night.~
This + skoskav claims he calculated the DE so it CANT POSSIBLY BE OP...