Author Topic: Normal mode, barret got gangbanged, any fixes planned?  (Read 16714 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Normal mode, barret got gangbanged, any fixes planned?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:23 am »
The test shows that when falling down your shot will go more straight when you have 50% inherited velocity.
Technically that shouldn't be true, with 0% it should go exactly where you're aiming, no matter your velocity, like with knife. With 50% it should go off some and feel unintuitive. And with 100% it would be perfectly intuitive, and be the same every time you shoot no matter the velocity, like with nades.
You know what, the test wasn't relyable so I removed my post. Too many variables could give wrong result.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:06:41 am by homerofgods »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:46 pm »
The TeamMatch + Survival scene in Brazil is dead after these updates. Now anyone can shoot like a master, you don't need even a year to get hard kills. It's so easy! No decent movement required, nothing. Just fly/run and press the button.

My comparison, between 2010/2011 versions and now. The Barret difficulty to be a "pro" in "our" gamemode:
2012: 9/10
2014: 4-5/10

The reload is faster, there's no bink as before, seems that there's no movementacc, you can shoot any one, anywhere, anytime! (almost this)
If your enemy misses the shot, you can't run even 1.5sec to kill him, it's ridiculously faster than before.

Plus: I laugh everytime that I see that "new" weapon called USSOCOM HAHAHAHHA. Seriously, what a crazy WM. Someone was drunk tweaking the USSOCOM? Man!

There's no reason to use automatic weapons in TM+S anymore with the new USSOCOM, there's no way to "stop" near the enemies waiting the reload of your Barret or M79 just dodging... It's easy to get killed so fast by their USSOCOM. What an unbalanced weapon guys!

I'm playing since the first versions, I remember MM adding delay to the Barret when I was playing the ESL 1vs1 against ppl like Sneaky and winning a lot of TM+S championships in Brazil, against a bunch of good and memorable TM+S players over there, using Barret/M79 and USSOCOM. But nothing is as weird as this. The international CTF scene don't need these changes in Barret and Ussocom.

Ask Chaky if his Barret and Ussocom it's ok for CTF, he's probably the only one high level CTF player that uses these weapons, and he would say "It's ok".

I'm talking to a lot of relevant players in our scene and the feeling is the same: What a disgusting WM for TM+S.
It's not about changes, it's about ruining what's working a long time. It's like set AK74 to shoot 5 bullets with 99999999 damage and 0.3 seconds of reload to the M79. It changes almost everything.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:10:33 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 03:09:34 pm »
I felt the skill required to be considered "good" in soldat dramatically decreased after 1.5 lol... I remember joining a public deathmatch the day of 1.6 release, and literally
making 100% of my rett shots from long range, and shooting accurately through bink. The IRC scene got easier also, almost felt as if they lowered the skill cap so that even newbies could compete with experienced players.

The WM has been getting worse after 1.4

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:38 pm »
Well DM is not a very good option to judge the barret balance from because the barret is bugged in DM and has no bink at all.

I feel it is fine at the moment how it is :)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 07:42:03 pm »
Well DM is not a very good option to judge the barret balance from because the barret is bugged in DM and has no bink at all.

I feel it is fine at the moment how it is :)
http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

C'mon bro. I don't wanna be rude, but... seriously: You're not too good as you think you are using Barret or you're not too good to judge anything about WMs or you simply don't care about the discussion and is posting any thing.

It's clear that is different, it's easier than ever. If you agree with it, ok. But what we are saying here it's right, it's ridiculously easier.
I think that most CTF players simply don't care about it or just don't know too much to judge.

What was wrong with the old Barret and Ussocom for CTF players? C'mon... These weapons were almost the same for years. Why the change? We played a lot of SCTFL, SWC, SCTFC, ESL etc with the same Barret and Ussocom... No one cried for years or I'm wrong?!
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:00 am »
i love when someone write such things:
You're not too good as you think you are using Barret

its like: "I'M A PRO, you are just peasant that play with stick"
Like this PRO is live in his own world and have no idea that other also spend lots of time playing this game and so they are good at it too, and they have the right to say whatever they want. :]

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »

Like this PRO is live in his own world and have no idea that other also spend lots of time playing this game and so they are good at it too, and they have the right to say whatever they want. :]
Yeah, sounds like "meh", but what I could say different? They changed the weapons entirely. It's not the same weapons.
As Adam said and people from a Barret/M79+Ussocom based community gave me the feedback, I'm not alone and I just can't read "oh, it's ok to me" like that, from who never uses the weapon as the main weapon or simply don't care about the other communities/gamemodes.

But don't forget that I said two other options about his opinion. Yeah, seems rude too, but it's just my resentment/indignation(idk the right word :s) with the changes, sorry.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 05:38:48 am »
No dont worry, for me playing with WM on every update is a bit stupid, Players every time need to learn about their favorite weapons again, and again.

Its like they trying to make everyone happy but end in situation when everybody hate it. Just stick to one WM and leave it. there always gonna be group that dont like it, but after a while its gonna be less than 10% and rest of players get used to it and just play with it.

Make poll here in forum with choose between what version people want(from different version of soldat) and stick to it.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 09:32:22 am »
Its like they trying to make everyone happy but end in situation when everybody hate it. Just stick to one WM and leave it. there always gonna be group that dont like it, but after a while its gonna be less than 10% and rest of players get used to it and just play with it
You don't seem to understand the point of adjusting the WM. If a single weapon can is dominate every map and every situation, the WM needs adjusting, fixing.

i accidentally english
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:52:26 pm by Dusty »

Offline nouefexe

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 09:41:52 am »

Yeah, sounds like "meh", but what I could say different? They changed the weapons entirely. It's not the same weapons.
As Adam said and people from a Barret/M79+Ussocom based community gave me the feedback, I'm not alone and I just can't read "oh, it's ok to me" like that, from who never uses the weapon as the main weapon or simply don't care about the other communities/gamemodes.

But don't forget that I said two other options about his opinion. Yeah, seems rude too, but it's just my resentment/indignation(idk the right word :s) with the changes, sorry.
what is missing here is that europeans dont play like brazilians.. brazilians love DM and TDM only with barrets thats why they always whine when u guys change it ! they dont care about bink and shit like that cuz its barrett only matches!

ps: PT > BR

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 09:57:09 am »
yes, and democracy was ideal system that gonna fix every problem and remove hunger and poverty...

Maybe from your perspective I don't understand this, but we all see that with your every fix for WM, more and more people don't like it, so maybe you should check what other think, not only focus on theoretical aspect of Fixing things.

Because as I said when you make more and more "fixes" then more people can't get used to it, and you end with more nervous people that hate every change in WM.
I didnt saw other game that would had so much problem with weapons, because they chose one mode and they stick to it.
Few people wouldn't like it but more players would just play not grumble about that.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:34 am »
but we all see that with your every fix for WM, more and more people don't like it
What are you basing this on?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 10:24:42 am »
look around.
I see that few people should get out from their closed world and listen what people actually say about gameplay.
Its hard and need time but it would be nice, because I see that most of you spend more time on gather and IRC than actually play everyday, forgetting that without public servers this game would be dead as ever with less than 50 people playing sometimes on private servers.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:26:24 am by Akinaro »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 02:56:47 pm »
Akinaro, do YOU have an opinion on barrett? Have you spent hours using it in the latest versions? Have you been on these forums for more than a few months? Have you actually played with long-term experienced players and asked for their feedback? If no - then really your opinion holds no value. All you're doing is assuming and jumping to conclusions based on your limited experience.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:03:00 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 04:04:40 am »
Akinaro, do YOU have an opinion on barrett? Have you spent hours using it in the latest versions? Have you been on these forums for more than a few months? Have you actually played with long-term experienced players and asked for their feedback? If no - then really your opinion holds no value. All you're doing is assuming and jumping to conclusions based on your limited experience.

Yes.
Not so many hours but yes.
Yes.
Yes, and I played with few of you, but I dont use nick Akinaro in Soldat :]
Every experience is limited to one person, so technically your last sentence applies to every human being :]

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 01:43:12 pm »
duz go jump in a river and chill off. Maybe read before sprawling your gibberish across your keyboard? I never stated I was a soldat god, I just gave my opinion on the matter.

I was simple stating the facts and replying to the post above me where Adam stated he joined a DM and owned everyone with barrett. Currently in DM the barrett is bugged and has no bink so how can we use this game mode to judge balance?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:03:55 pm by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »
I'd love to try out something that someone suggested some time ago, that being fewer bullets (3-4), a long reload time, perhaps with less or even no startup at all.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »
I'd love to try out something that someone suggested some time ago, that being fewer bullets (3-4), a long reload time, perhaps with less or even no startup at all.
A long reload time is crucial in CTF, and having fewer bullets? sounds more like a downgrade than an improvement.

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 06:28:21 pm »
A long reload time is crucial in CTF, and having fewer bullets? sounds more like a downgrade than an improvement.
With a shorter startup and fire interval it would become more offensive. Miss your few shots and you're pretty much done whereas now you can just cover for a second and try again.
In DM and duels the longer reload would give other guns a chance to catch the reloading barrett.