Author Topic: DE still op?  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
DE still op?
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:49:08 am »
WHY IS DE STILL OP?
*Kills fast and registers almost every hit
*Best in all ranges
*DE ReloadTime=87/Ruger ReloadTime=84 2nd fastest reload time...
*DE Push=44/Spas Push=49 2nd highest push...
*arc that kills in all angles

Wasn't this one of the issues in 1.6.5? Does the guy who modifies the wm even test it or listen to the community?

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Rotem

• Major
Re: DE still op?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:34 am »
i agreee with you about tit thought "registers almost every hit" sounds pretty good thing lol but this issue needs to be fixed along with the darn barret must be nerfed...

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:54:27 am »
As does all weapons. It's a pretty vague statement.

*Best in all ranges
What does this even mean?

Even if this was suddenly an argument for it being overpowered - which it isn't - you're still ignorant about how to calculate the actual reload time. The actual reload time is the sum of FireInterval and ReloadTime. The Deagles has always had a reload time about this long. Or are you perhaps trying to say that the it the new reload time feels too fast?

You don't know how to calculate actual push either. That info is in the weapons.ini file. And take into account that Deagles fires two bullets, and Spas fires six. Deagles is actually one of the worst weapons to push with.

This is both false, nothing new and a copy if your second point. Deagles has always had this arc. Why would this arc suddenly make it overpowered after ten years?

Wasn't this one of the issues in 1.6.5? Does the guy who modifies the wm even test it or listen to the community?
Mmm, yummy whine and logical fallacies. So delicious!

We're of course open to the possibility that the Deagles could be overpowered, but you're going to have to try harder than these half-assed arguments to convince me.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:03:18 am by 14th_account »

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 12:02:47 pm »
As does all weapons. It's a pretty vague statement.

*Best in all ranges
What does this even mean?

Even if this was suddenly an argument for it being overpowered - which it isn't - you're still ignorant about how to calculate the actual reload time. The actual reload time is the sum of FireInterval and ReloadTime. The Deagles has always had a reload time about this long. Or are you perhaps trying to say that the it the new reload time feels too fast?

You don't know how to calculate actual push either. That info is in the weapons.ini file. And take into account that Deagles fires two bullets, and Spas fires six. Deagles is actually one of the worst weapons to push with.

This is both false, nothing new and a copy if your second point. Deagles has always had this arc. Why would this arc suddenly make it overpowered after ten years?

Mmm, yummy whine and logical fallacies. So delicious!

We're of course open to the possibility that the Deagles could be overpowered, but you're going to have to try harder than these half-assed arguments to convince me.
you should use those calculations and produce a decent weapon mod where all the weapons are playable and not just one dominates

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 12:28:40 pm »
OK.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 01:58:03 pm »
Seriously - DE are really hard to master. I've been playing with them now for a while and they don't really seem that much OP but I'd agree that maybe they should deal a bit less dmg. Basically right now it's like arced ruger, at least for me, with bigger clip. 2 headshots kill, 3 clean body shots - same as ruger.

And Adam, please be more polite. There are hardly any posts from you which don't offend someone or make sense.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:59:49 pm by Furai »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:26:55 pm »
Seriously - DE are really hard to master. I've been playing with them now for a while and they don't really seem that much OP but I'd agree that maybe they should deal a bit less dmg. Basically right now it's like arced ruger, at least for me, with bigger clip. 2 headshots kill, 3 clean body shots - same as ruger.

And Adam, please be more polite. There are hardly any posts from you which don't offend someone or make sense.
3 clean bodyshots? I got hit once with a bodyshot with DE and my hp went to 20~30%

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »
That sounds more like a bug or lag. Even a perfect body hit from a Deagle can't deal more than 60% unless the shooter is being boosted just as he's firing at you. Did you record it with a demo?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:18:37 pm by 14th_account »

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 03:33:27 pm »
That sounds more like a bug or lag. Even a perfect body hit from a Deagle can't deal more than 60% unless the shooter is being boosted just as he's firing at you. Did you record it with a demo?
Nope, he just turned around and shot me once with the bullet after he left spawn and I had about 20~30% left

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »
2 headshots kill, 3 clean body shots - same as ruger.

Still not getting this. As long as the Deagles can kill in two shots, the Ruger is inferior.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:37 am »
I always hear people talking about 3-shot kills, but how often are players at 100% HP? I've been finding myself killing in 2 shots quite a bit since the damage reached 180, even against only lightly wounded opponents.

Also, why increase raw damage instead of inherited muzzle velocity, if the focus of the balance is to encourage charging?

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 11:14:56 am »
Also, why increase raw damage instead of inherited muzzle velocity, if the focus of the balance is to encourage charging?

That might be a great direction to take, though I cringe at the idea of having different physics for different weapons. Ideally then all weapons should get e.g. a +5 in InheritedVelocity.