Author Topic: Interface Scaling  (Read 805 times)

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
Interface Scaling
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »
I love the idea of the option to not scale the interface to your resolution. Kind of an overdue feature, but it's good that it's there. And it's almost great! But it's a bit flawed.

For example, the interface I'm using, at its actual 1:1 size, should look like this:

But when running the game at 1024x768 with interface scaling turned off, it ends up looking like this:

I don't even know where those dark pixels under the bars came from. But anyway, it looks kind of like the game is trying to scale the interface to 100% size and is ending up at 99% or something.

I know it's sort of a picky complaint since the interface still basically works, but it bugs me.

Edit: Haha, this complaint isn't as picky as I thought. I tested a few other interfaces, and most of them are broken completely.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:08:12 pm by Zero72 »

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Interface Scaling
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:25 pm »
Does it look ok on the *x480 resolutions?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »
Uuhhh subjectively better, but still not really 1:1 perfect. Tried out 768x480 and 854x480. I don't remember which of these is which, but it's like every resolution is a little off in a different direction.

I tried Multipass again on those resolutions too. Interestingly, Multipass looked to be assembled correctly on 854x480, but was discombobulated again on 768x.

e: to be fair, these are all supercompact interfaces I guess; I know mine just positions everything relative to health.bmp, and I'd assume Multipass does too but I'm not sure. I haven't really tested any traditional Soldat-style ones where things are actually spread around.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:46:53 pm by Zero72 »

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:15:26 am »
You could try disabling the resolution and texture filters in the config to see if that might be the cause. All they do is smudge the screen anyway.

I always play with these off. It makes the game look intentionally pixel-arty.