Author Topic: Server that insults players  (Read 4618 times)

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
Server that insults players
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:43 pm »
Hi all,

Some time ago I've banned one player on all of my servers ([rG]) for insulting players with no reason.

This guy (probably) have create his own server on which:
- server name is abusing me or other players (for example things like: Szaman is dumb, Sarev the biggest idiot, etc.)
- there are bots that imitates real, known (in some community) players: me, ViP, Sarev, Kulas, etc
- those bots tells bad things, insults each other, etc, for example: (bot-me: Sarev told me to suck his d*ck and I even paid him for that)
- etc.

Now, he changed server's name to imitate my servers ([rG]) (like: [rG] Szaman is dumb) and then he changed this name to be exactly the same name as mine ([rG] [DM] |1vs1| #1).
I've shutted down my servers and now the name is something about player [ZDR]Sarev.

There was some discussion about it on #soldat.devs and here are possible solutions:
- global lobby moderation and censorship
- temporary IP ban for this server in lobby
- trademark registration (trademark + IP addresses allowed to use it in the name of server) (affecting visibility in lobby)
- crashing his server ;p how ?
- "starring" servers that the players know which are "real" (how to determine that ?)
- creating multi lobbies - my servers would be on my lobby and I will not add him to that lobby ---> in soldat there need to be edit to fill lobby IP address (or lobby of lobbies)

Please, help me (and other insulted players) find a solution for this situation.

I've attached screenshots of those insults (in polish).

Best regards,
Szaman.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:33:29 am by Szaman »

DarkCrusade

Re: Server that insults players
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:35:19 pm »
Do not reward childish behaviour by giving him the attention he craves for.

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:54:37 pm »
OK. Shoozza suggested the same and my servers are up again. But it's very annoying that he is destroying my "good name" (I mean - "trademark" of my servers).

Maybe some small change - like IP address as a third/fourth column in Soldat lobby view - would help. Everyone would see then that it's not my server, cause it's on the other IP.

Offline skrX

• Soldier
  • x ye.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »
Damage soldat community
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:35:11 pm by skrX »

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:08:38 am »
(WM)! [rG] [Paintball]   TM   ctf_Cobra   0/32   1.6.6      
(WM)! [rG] Knife Madnes   DM   Veoto   0/32   1.6.6   

(WM)?! You steal the server name and crying?

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 10:28:34 am »
(WM)! [rG] [Paintball]   TM   ctf_Cobra   0/32   1.6.6      
(WM)! [rG] Knife Madnes   DM   Veoto   0/32   1.6.6   

(WM)?! You steal the server name and crying?

Just to be clear, WM is WeaponMod, server that have non oryginal weapons.ini
Info for people who dont know that xD

Lol ;D I did not know about it. Thanks for the explanation

Offline Blazej

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 04:43:35 pm »
@topic

By what right do you throw such accusations do not have any evidence? You destroy the opinion of the BFRO clan. Next time think before you write something.

Offline Blazej

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 02:28:55 pm »
Go and play with one of them :] kids that can make funn only by insulting making lame tounts and spawn in every map to make as many kills as possible and then checking they rate and bit#*ing about how awesome spawners they are.

I understand than you can spawn, eg when you wait for flag or try to catch flagger, or make as many kills as possible(but its still lame making this on CTF game...) but not by spawning with chainsaw on spawn for the whole time.

What? Who cares? See what it's about topic. Tap on the head, go to sleep and can wise up.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 03:12:54 am »
I deleted a very few low quality posts and replies to them.

Please stay on topic. Stop insulting each others. If you are unable to write objectively just don't post and wait until you can.
This is about what Szaman could do and not what your local/clan related opinions/problems are.

Thank you.

I had two ideas on irc when you asked me about it.
The first one was the ability to filter servers (aka censor server names) which I'm not in favor of.
Another solution would be sponsored/official servers. Think of it as stars for server owners which would allow registering server names and assign an ip to them.

I don't think both are really good solutions:
Filtering servers could be abused (who is going to decide?) and sponsored servers will be unfair for normal server hosts who didn't "buy" a server star.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:18:45 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 11:36:18 am »
In my opinion, there should be some supervisior of the servers. And yes - it would be censorship, but it will only help the quality of public servers. That would be the development team, not the one person.

I must say sorry for accusation Rasta of creating those servers - I don't have any evidence for that, only suspicions.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 04:26:13 pm »
In my opinion, there should be some supervisior of the servers. And yes - it would be censorship, but it will only help the quality of public servers. That would be the development team, not the one person.
The dev team already have their hands full, let's not make it also their responsibility to moderate servers.

Honestly, I think you're blowing the problem out of proportion. Some random guy made a server that calls you names, big deal. If your servers are popular - one pissy kid won't be able to change that. I could get on Soldat right now and create a server with a name like "Shoozza is gay" and it won't change a thing. Adding some kind of censorship system or server stars is a bit of an overkill in my opinion.

In extreme cases where real damage could be done, I'd suggest contacting the devs. Provide them the address of the abusive server and ask the devs to block that IP from appearing in the server lobby, and maybe they can do that for you. I don't think such cases will be that common to require a whole anti-abuse system being implemented.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:27:44 pm by L[0ne]R »