Author Topic: I hate Opera because...  (Read 5771 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: I hate Opera because...
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 02:00:23 pm »
TV told me to tell you to shut the heck up
Of course † is not capable of a mature conversation. Which furthers the possibility that the TV pawns him.
I am serious when i need to be, your topic is just crap. People will always like Opera, too bad you can't get on the TV and controll everyone... since it works so well...
@ii

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 02:06:54 pm »
Any web browser that isn't IE is a good web browser.
Ownt.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 01:21:42 am »
I think Opera's advertising is more like Apple advertising too, and to be honest I wouldn't mind either Apple or Opera if it wasn't for the arrogant advertising and fan base - the people who only seem to use a product because it's "hip" (what a fucking stupid word) or "different".

I hate the Mozilla fan base to an extent too.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 02:12:37 am »
I use Mozilla....do you hate me?  :'(
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 02:17:32 am »
A lot of you probably missed the windows campaign I am referring to. Not more then 2 years ago they had a flash page with a bunch of people standing around the room. Of course your supposed to pick the one you relate to the most and they told you why they liked windows. Then they did the same thing with Flash 8. Each trendy person tried to give you a reason to buy their $800 product.

Notice, apple has 1 person.
http://www.apple.com/ipod/

Opera is the latest in tring to relate to you on a personal level then to make you use their product.
You can tell their actors (for lack of a better word).

Which person do you relate to?
Which one do you want to be?

EDIT: Look it says "your choice" they want you to choose one!

I would rather use something that looks like it really doesn't give a **** rather then one that insists it is really gay.

I don't give a **** what would you use, even if it's really gay.
Off topic

Opera FTW! All i have to do is press Ctrl+A followed by V and i don
t have to read all your crappy topics and posts, just listen to opera :)

Like I said, opera is a damn good browser. And they should treated the consumer with some respect. Not think that they are foolish enough to use it because they made it look "cool".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:19:09 am by bja888 »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 02:27:07 am »
If you were in charge of the fate of a company that was forever tied to its image and how that company got the word out about that product, would you stick to your guns, or go with the ad campaign that appealed to the most people and brought in the most customers?

It's not a matter of being the "cool" company because you don't advertise like Windows.  It's a matter of doing what's best for the company, bringing in new clients and new cash, and pushing the product.  As long as the product is quality who care how that advertise?  If you're smart enough not to buy in to ads like that then good for you, but the all mighty dollar speaks louder than the hearts and minds of those who see themselves as "better" for not buying in to redundant ad campaigns.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 04:07:29 am »
If you were in charge of the fate of a company that was forever tied to its image and how that company got the word out about that product, would you stick to your guns, or go with the ad campaign that appealed to the most people and brought in the most customers?

It's not a matter of being the "cool" company because you don't advertise like Windows.  It's a matter of doing what's best for the company, bringing in new clients and new cash, and pushing the product.  As long as the product is quality who care how that advertise?  If you're smart enough not to buy in to ads like that then good for you, but the all mighty dollar speaks louder than the hearts and minds of those who see themselves as "better" for not buying in to redundant ad campaigns.

Ah, somone knows somthing about advertising. Now that where back on topic, go back to my origional comment.

Some times I think I'm one of the last few people on earth that doesn't do what the TV tells me to do.

So, is there anyone else out there who can see though their advertising? Or does relating to a obvoulsy fake actor make you feel warm and fuzzy enough to use their product?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 04:09:37 am by bja888 »

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 04:27:25 am »
dunno luv ...I ain't watched tv in months, listened to the radio in years, or clicked on that fucking flash monkey advert ever.  Nor seen any opera adverts.

Ignorance? bliss? i'm lovin' it. *goes to eat big mac*
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 04:34:17 am »
I've never seen a Opera advert in my life.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2006, 06:30:03 am »
..Because it aint really free.

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 09:09:37 am »
Of course it is free. Unless you are some open source nerd without life.
But for 99% people on the world free = you can use it for free as long as you like it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:14:31 am by Aquarius »

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 11:47:14 am »

Ah yes, ignorance is total bliss. Then that leaves you vulnerable. And taking advantage of someone vulnerable is usually illegal. But the TV says its ok :)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 12:32:52 pm »

Ah yes, ignorance is total bliss. Then that leaves you vulnerable. And taking advantage of someone vulnerable is usually illegal. But the TV says its ok :)
Read his post idiot, said he hasn't watch TV in months, you are such a lame douchebag for being so pissy about tv, if someone gets taken advantage of by tv then they are a moron and would be taken advantage of by something else anyway.
@ii

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 02:18:40 pm »

Read his post idiot, said he hasn't watch TV in months, you are such a lame douchebag for being so pissy about tv, if someone gets taken advantage of by tv then they are a moron and would be taken advantage of by something else anyway.

1) Wasn't talking about him, making a general statement. Anyone not willing to find the truth in advertising will get taken advantage of.
2) Just because I say TV doesn't mean I'm talking about an episode of family guy. Its probably the most popular and effective form of advertising.
3) Peoples decisions on what they buy are very strongly influenced by advertising every day. Don't call the majority of the people on this forum a morons. Ignorant is a much better term. (Your so mean)
4) Your so obsessed with making me look foolish that your not thinking about what I am saying... Get a life man.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 02:42:27 pm »
tell you what though, word of mouth advertising is becoming fairly commercial. Spreading the word is the only thing that works on me.... friends reccomend stuff, I feel inclined to try it out.  Nothing wrong with advertising in itself, but there is that buffer of 'them' trying to imply that their product is designed for you/your culture/preferred genre in whatever.

Usually helps that we share the same interests, but we all benefit.... 'cept this friend that keeps telling me about you bastard americans and how nice Bawls and vanilla pepsi tastes. He imports the stuff at £1 a can and £9 for 4 bawls bottles. Nutter. What've I got to drink? fucking Red Bull and cheap Alta Rica coffee.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 04:41:01 pm »
Aye I'm a big fan of Opera, it's a great piece of software. Once you get used to it, you just can't use anything else anymore.

This advert didn't really manage to impress me though. Then again, adverts rarely do.

I only started with opera because of that free serial keys day a long way back when there were ads integrated in the browser window (Haha, i'm so cheap).

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 11:06:17 pm »
Of course it is free. Unless you are some open source nerd without life.
But for 99% people on the world free = you can use it for free as long as you like it.
He said he didn't like it.

I do not really mind what I use as long as it looks good and it works with what I want it to.
Opera loads slower than Firefox on my computer, anyway, and that's why I use Firefox.

Edit: And when something tries to modify the way I think, I ignore it. That's why I hate television. It tries to make everyone like the same thing = boring world.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:10:17 pm by Unlucky XIII »

"The old ones are the best"

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 11:24:53 pm »
1. Then don't say "you" when you quote his post....
2. What? When did I talk about family guy?
3. I never said anyone in these forums are morons, just people that do what they are told without question(aka buying into ads)
4. Sure.. your the one that started this, all I did was make a joke you could have scrolled past, you douchedickbuttfaglickerpenishairtrimmed-er
@ii

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 11:51:50 pm »
TV told me to tell you to shut the heck up
Of course † is not capable of a mature conversation. Which furthers the possibility that the TV pawns him.

you ruined it using the word "pawns" which is pretty inmature.

in my opinion there's lots of people (for example, females ;);) tip tip hint) who care a lot about the looks of apps and not enough about how they work.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2006, 02:04:29 am »
in my opinion there's lots of people (for example, females ;);) tip tip hint) who care a lot about the looks of apps and not enough about how they work.

This is true to an extent, at least from my own experience. Of course, at the same time I'm sure the majority of glass PC cases, neon tubing, and blue LEDs are purchased by males more than females. :P