Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7b1 public beta ready for testing!  (Read 20994 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7b1 public beta ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 05:29:38 pm »
If anyone need help with reporting bugs in mantis or anything at all you can ask me in pm or in irc (homerofgods or evhO @ #soldat.devs) or email: herman.sefring@gmail.com

Remember to check if the bug is allready reported first.  And try to be as detailed as possible!
http://bugs.soldat.pl/login_page.php
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:35:21 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »
yeah I am happy too :) very good changes for barrett. good job dev team:)

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 05:35:59 am »
Our lovely file server is back!
I and few other people (at the same time) got this bug several times during map downloading. None of scenery (and propably textures) aren't downloaded properly (of course they are in /scenery-gfx folder). If I enable /restart command this bug will still present, BUT when I restart server and enable this map once again, bug will disappear and scenery will be downloaded properly. I didn't recognize any pattern how to reproduce this bug, I think it's randomly. See atached screenshots.
Classic banana

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 06:11:18 am »
I found one bug with grenade on ctf_Ash.

Screen:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:54:44 am by SneS »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 07:53:22 am »
SneS I reported it for you: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=531

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:03 am »
SneS I reported it for you: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=531

Thanks!

This version promises to be the best! There are some preliminary information when a new version comes out?

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 11:48:56 am »
I want to do 2 more betas to test if the removal of the autoupdater worked.
So before april.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 02:58:44 am »
I want to do 2 more betas to test if the removal of the autoupdater worked.
So before april.

That's great :)Thanks for info.

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 07:02:19 am »
It seems like the lobby is working at least for windows servers.
There are just none online.
Anyone hosting 1.6.7b1 servers please let me know what os you use.
Rules

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 07:49:42 am »
I host server on my home PC "Join 79.133.218.4:23076" (it's unable to join because of blocked ports) on Windows 7 and I can see him in lobby. It's a advertisement for my linux server which isn't visible in lobby.
Classic banana

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 08:16:47 am »
my is linux, but I disabled it for now(need server for weekend game :] )

PS normally I use english language, but Just now I noticed that menu with polish translation isnt too good. "chose map" is too long so "ę" goes beyond menu frame.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 06:29:30 am »
good job with new changes, but I hoped for other changes like extra weapons (its still beta, please add crossbow at least please! :'( :'( :'() and something for registered ppl :(

Offline mine

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 06:54:08 am »
I registered just to say that it's the best version of 1.4.2 ;D I hope it will come out as soon as possible! The only thing I would change is reduced damage Steyr AUG because he is too strong.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 08:31:42 am »
I registered just to say that it's the best version of 1.4.2 ;D I hope it will come out as soon as possible! The only thing I would change is reduced damage Steyr AUG because he is too strong.

Nice joke...   :P

Aug should be untouched after that update. You mess too much with WM soo everyone have problems with get used to it. No wonder if most of people use barret and m79 if rest of weapons are constantly modified so no one know exactly how to use it :]

Offline mine

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 10:09:33 am »

Aug should be untouched after that update. You mess too much with WM soo everyone have problems with get used to it. No wonder if most of people use barret and m79 if rest of weapons are constantly modified so no one know exactly how to use it :]

Maybe you're right but AUG is stronger than other "auto-weapons". The most important that barrett in this version is not so strong as before. Although the time of the trigger should be a bit longer (0,5-1,0 sec). - What do you think Shoozza?

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 11:05:12 am »
my is linux, but I disabled it for now(need server for weekend game :] )

PS normally I use english language, but Just now I noticed that menu with polish translation isnt too good. "chose map" is too long so "ę" goes beyond menu frame.
We can't do anything about this in 1.6.7 due to how it is implemented but if it's in the bugtracker we will make sure it gets fixed for 1.7

good job with new changes, but I hoped for other changes like extra weapons (its still beta, please add crossbow at least please! :'( :'( :'() and something for registered ppl :(
I understand that more weapons sound fun but that wont happen for 1.6.7 and it is low priority (there are still way more important things to fix)

I host server on my home PC "Join 79.133.218.4:23076" (it's unable to join because of blocked ports) on Windows 7 and I can see him in lobby. It's a advertisement for my linux server which isn't visible in lobby.
Ok I'll look into that can you tell me what linux distro you use and 32 or 64 bit (just in case)?

Maybe you're right but AUG is stronger than other "auto-weapons". The most important that barrett in this version is not so strong as before. Although the time of the trigger should be a bit longer (0,5-1,0 sec). - What do you think Shoozza?
skoskav does the wm I don't think I can say anything about the weapon mod as im a knife only player mostly :)
Rules

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:12 am »

Ok I'll look into that can you tell me what linux distro you use and 32 or 64 bit (just in case)?

Directly from my vps panel: debian-6.0-amd64-minimal
Classic banana

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »
Akinaro I will make sure to add that polish menu problem to the bugtracker for you.
I asume 'zaproponuj nowa mape' is a correct translation.
If I try FontMenuSize=12  -> FontMenuSize=11 it's still not enough, and FontMenuSize=10 is too small.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:43:49 pm by homerofgods »

Offline mine

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 02:16:10 am »
I played today and trigger in barrett should be a bit longer because game is too easy. But that's just my opinion.

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:04 am »
@Shoozza
@homerofgods

You show Weaponmod changes in normal mode?