Author Topic: My suggestion for Soldat 1.6.7 !  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
My suggestion for Soldat 1.6.7 !
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:57:38 am »
deleted
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:21:06 am by Drax »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: My suggestion for Soldat 1.6.7 !
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:48:17 am »
Nick registration: nope. useless. need to much work, people that would moderate it and whole new database.

Intro: Just get rid off this Intro. No one use it anyway...

tutorial: nope, Its so simple action game that I have no idea who would need tutorial for it. you just need to play more to get better, this is best tutorial

new interface: Read what shoozza write in other topic about new interface.

bleed mode: there is script for that. Dont see the point of making it default.

new maps: it not gonna work. players doesn't like new maps for ctf/inf if you play so much you should know that no matter how cool looking new map is, they still vote for old ash or nuubia :]  had that problem with remake of old maps. everyone like look of it but they still prefer old looking maps. Only climb maps are prefered as a new ones. Go to any CTF server and see what they vote. even if there are loots of cool maps on the server.

New pieces of cloths: Its not Sims game. Beside character is too small to actually see anything  and it's too dynamic to see anything beside colors

Flags: useless.

Soldat campaign: read other topic about that. It would be boring mode because of type of spawns and AI of enemies, just play SP mode with some boots if you want to gain "experiance".

Beside you would need whole new database for this ranks and medals, more people to do it and more time for it. you gonna pay for that?

New extra weapons: nope, amount of weapons is perfect, you have everythign you need. More would be just modded version of old ones with different dmg or look.

Major weapons: WAY NO.

Secondary weapons: Most of it would be just Modded knife and for mines you have scripts.

Grenades: this is good, but only molotov version that would burn for few sec on the ground.

Bonuses or as a secondary weapon: would be nice but this would destroy game a bit...

"I suggest to make most of the new things for registered people only, in order to encourage people to help Soldat financially"
good one xD

Devs work for free :] and I don't think that this money going to the game but to MM :]
And as you know he don't work on soldat anymore :]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:20:19 am by Akinaro »

Offline Zakumy

• Major(1)
  • Soldat! Soldat! Soldat!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:44:45 am »
Nice suggestion :) But if you want Soldat to change like that...it will never happen.
I have alway dreamed about Soldat 2.0 will be a big changes, HD graphic, brand new gameplay, ton of features, new UI, new sound and music, new bonus, map with parallax background....and write in C .^^
The only way to have that version: is some company buy Soldat, and they will work on it, we don't have much developers.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:52:03 am by Zakumy »
My love to Soldat is eternal, forever and always

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:24 am »
Wow, Akinaro, so aggressive. "Stupid idea", he just is providing his point of view, there's a way of saying things.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:18:06 am »
aggresive? :/ sorry if its sound like that.
But its just my opinion.
Making nick reg database is just useless just like making clothes for player character.
I wrote this very quick so give me moment i'll edit it

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:59 am »
Good suggestions! Thx for taking time to write them.
- Many of your suggestions require an account system where you'd log in to play soldat, wich I think is a good idea.
The downside would be that it takes a little bit longer to just pump into a game, but I think it's worth it, and there are things we could do to improve that anyway.
I agree it would be cool to be able to reserve one or two nicknames, and be able to reserve a clan's tag. Adding flags next to your name somewhere is also a good idea.
Account system would also enable a simple friend system.

- Intro: Some of us movie makers have been talking about making an official soldat trailer for the homepage, and maybe replace the intro demo with a video file. Making that intro is one of my priorities, I only need time to sit down and make it. (needs to be awsum)
- New interface will probbably happen
- Some of us have also been talking about making a Campain, but we're not sure how it's gonna work out. I'm not a fan of gaining xp in soldat. I'm thinking it would be cool to have a climbing-tutorial atleast :)
- Instead of adding more weapons we could make it more easy to add and make mods.

All in all theese are good suggestions, it will probbably take some years to accoplish but you might see one or two of them happening.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 07:02:40 am »
1. Nickname Register
Not bad I never had a problem with a name-stealer, for long as I don't have to register to play its ok

2.Intro
Well a No one uses it , for me it should just be set off as default

3.Tutorial
W-jump D-Right S-Crouch A-Left Y-Prone E-grenade Q-Change Weap. Left_MB- Fire Right_MB-Jet/fly
Why?

4.There are enough interfaces

5.Bleed mode, well... no In wouldn't fit in with Soldat I think, trough its good for DayZ

6.Modes
No Don't think it should be separated only think I would like that you can chose Power ups like Vests in Realistic

7.New Maps
Dunno Maybe few ww1 ww2 maps but they shouldn't look as different as the standard ones cause they wouldn't fit in.
Also If you really want a Reallistic ww1-ww2 map it would be totally flat like a Trench-Warfare map. (damn I love TW)

8.Clothing
Yes Yes Yes
I would like that you can have a gas mask (SAS Style) and a Balaclava like Most terrorist have and SF

9.Flags
Nice idea like it !

10.Campaign
NO a campaign isn't anything for Soldat, Look at CSS has it a campaign ? No it is just as Soldat got MP and SP with bots
That's totally enough. Making a Campaign like first would be hard and pretty stupid for a game where a small soldat is flying around and shooting like mad and It isn't anything that soldat needs.

11.Weapons
New weapons for registred users nice ! Fucking nice idea ! Lets give the ones who pay the power to rape the one who have not, so Soldat would get totally frustating for the ones who haven't bought it . This is totally going to bring new players!

12.Bonuses
Well few you counted should be just as the grenade/vest/berserk crates not as a secondary
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:04:48 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:26 am »
Wow, Akinaro, so aggressive. "Stupid idea", he just is providing his point of view, there's a way of saying things.

pretty true.

some of his suggestions were pretty good and important.

Nick Registration / Account System: Can we please (re) get this now ? ppl. love stats and everything which comes with a acc. system (if you disagree with that you know nothing about games / marketing and should NEVER reply in here)

"tutorial: nope, Its so simple action game that I have no idea who would need tutorial for it. you just need to play more to get better, this is best tutorial"
are you serious ? Soldat is a more complex and difficult game than everything I've played before. I guess 50% of the new players will quit soldat within a week since they don't know how to play that game.

also, making a ingame tutorial shouldn't be THAT hard, or ?

------

What Soldat needs in my opinion.
ingame IRC (we had that before) would make the game more interactive + could be useful if we had an acc. system
Nick Registration / Acc. System
MENU GUI
soldat.pl -> I've been away from the forums for a long time and came back and nothing changed. I've started a topic about fixing some links and delete some useless stuff which will never been used before (read here
IF someone who has the job to manage the official website can't even update the site within a few years he shouldn't be on that position in my opinion.
Simply the fact that I had to call attention & to collect what should have been changed says everything.
Really sad that nothing happened.
------

The current version has just a few small bugs and it will be even less in the upcoming version.
We have a pretty solid game version and should stop focusing on bugfixing now.

Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 07:47:39 am »
I didnt said that i dont like account stats :]
You dont see the whole picture of putting such thing in the game. Just like you said "I've been away from the forums for a long time and came back and nothing changed" Imagine moderate database with all nicks and rank system...

And making register nick maybe on the paper is nice but in real life is one of most annoying thing, when some douchebag for funn start registering Nicks and clans and you gonna end with nick like darDar8283823.

And if you think that soldat is "most complex game you ever played" sorry for you. I spend few years playing EnemyTeritory, Crysis or even CS and even if they are a bit old compared to... black ops or BF3 they are way harder than soldat, so go play other games for more than few days before you start saying such things.

And as Vucgy92 said:
11.Weapons
New weapons for registred users nice ! Fucking nice idea ! Lets give the ones who pay the power to rape the one who have not, so Soldat would get totally frustating for the ones who haven't bought it . This is totally going to bring new players!

And I rather go play than spend 10min before every game dressing my character...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:51:13 am by Akinaro »

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 08:19:10 am »
Just a quick note. We're not going to add new features that are exclusive to registered players. If we're adding something it's going to be available for everyone.

New weapons is definitely something I want to add one day.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 09:29:50 am »

pretty true.

some of his suggestions were pretty good and important.

Nick Registration / Account System: Can we please (re) get this now ? ppl. love stats and everything which comes with a acc. system (if you disagree with that you know nothing about games / marketing and should NEVER reply in here)

they had one of those account systems in one of the earlier beta versions, but I read some where people couldn't log on or were having issues with the website. Although, It needed work and improvement, I still don't know why they deleted it

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 09:52:41 am »
You dont see the whole picture of putting such thing in the game. Just like you said "I've been away from the forums for a long time and came back and nothing changed" Imagine moderate database with all nicks and rank system...

First of all there is already a database with soldat accounts which uses the soldat forums account (the acc. system in the beta we had once used that)
And making register nick maybe on the paper is nice but in real life is one of most annoying thing, when some douchebag for funn start registering Nicks and clans and you gonna end with nick like darDar8283823.

as i said the nicks are already registered if you have a soldatforums account.

And if you think that soldat is "most complex game you ever played" sorry for you. I spend few years playing EnemyTeritory, Crysis or even CS and even if they are a bit old compared to... black ops or BF3 they are way harder than soldat, so go play other games for more than few days before you start saying such things.

with complex I don't talk about physics or 3D models. I talk about how hard it is to get into the game. Getting into a 2014 first person shooter is the easiest on earth.
knife throwing is harder to learn than crysis
moving in soldat is harder than bf3
to know you need to crouch before shooting a law
to know you need to keep mousebutton pressed to shoot the barret..

That all sounds so easy but a new player will take weeks to get into soldat

It seems that versions are made with the aim to hold ppl who play this game for years and not to improve the game for newcomers.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 12:58:37 pm »
Interesting ideas are:
  • Tutorial: maybe basics of movement, using Knife, Law etc.
    Molotov nades.
  • Flags
  • Molotov nades
Interfaces and mods can found everywhere.
And cloths imposible to do. e.g. gostek's head has 8x8 pixels so you can't do clearly visible clothes.
btw. I always wants have multi coloured jets
Edit: Even if the idea would be interesting from the developers do not count on this issue to firends 6.7

Someone said me Soldat only need anticheat, cuz game is really good and has own climate ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:03:32 pm by ZdzichU »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 01:49:19 pm »
Akirano:

Nick registration: nope. useless. need to much work, people that would moderate it and whole new database.

having something like world of warcraft players: wowarmory and their character on website is an epic idea, its popular and don't tell me it is not.

New extra weapons: nope, amount of weapons is perfect, you have everything you need. More would be just modded version of old ones with different dmg or look.
what are you talking about? a lot of weapons are alike with dmg and look but that's what is all about divercity/multiplicyty !! are you trolling here?

what are you talking about? a lot of weapons are alike with dmg and look but that's what is all about diversity/multiplicity !! are you trolling here?

tutorial: nope, Its so simple action game that I have no idea who would need tutorial for it. you just need to play more to get better, this is best tutorial

I do not think so, it takes so time to find out on your own how to do and learn all the tricks

New pieces of cloths: Its not Sims game. Beside character is too small to actually see anything  and it's too dynamic to see anything beside colors

really? but people still do it

Soldat campaign: read other topic about that. It would be boring mode because of type of spawns and AI of enemies, just play SP mode with some boots if you want to gain "experiance".

you do not even know how I would made this whole Soldat campaign. Do not criticize it yet! Give me a chance! I will write it down, when I will have some time!

Vucgy92

NO a campaign isn't anything for Soldat, Look at CSS has it a campaign ? No it is just as Soldat got MP and SP with bots.That's totally enough. Making a Campaign like first would be hard and pretty stupid for a game where a small Soldat is flying around and shooting like mad and It isn't anything that soldat needs.

You do not even know how I would made this whole Soldat campaign. Do not criticize it yet! Give me a chance! I will write it down, when I will have some time!

11.Weapons
New weapons for registered users nice ! Fucking nice idea ! Lets give the ones who pay the power to rape the one who have not, so Soldat would get totally frustrating for the ones who haven't bought it . This is totally going to bring new players!

First thing learn to read! Like I wrote: "although I like and I support the thing/rule that players with registration in Soldat do not have more power, do not have advantage in fighting." did you miss it or are you trolling me?

homerofgods

- Some of us have also been talking about making a Campain, but we're not sure how it's gonna work out. I'm not a fan of gaining xp in soldat
it won't be much about gaining xp but acomplishing missions and completing achivments!

it won't be much about gaining xp but accomplishing missions and completing achievements!

15th_account:

Just a quick note. We're not going to add new features that are exclusive to registered players. If we're adding something it's going to be available for everyone.
New weapons is definitely something I want to add one day.

I think it is the perfect time to do it!

So you are from developer team? I would like you to write more about my suggestions. Please quote piece by piece and comment it all, so we all know what you think, what might happen or not. Specially about the campain, I will write a big part of it if you are at least a little intrested, I dont want to waste time...

We're not going to add new features that are exclusive to registered players.

How is that fair? Nothing for those who really love this game and support it????I would like to repeat myself: "...although I like and I support the thing/rule that players with registration in Soldat do not have more power, do not have advantage in fighting."

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »
Btw mixing multiple suggestions in one thread is not the best way to get feedback. It is more appropieate for discussions but about what would be cool to have but not for getting us devs give feedback because we will happly ignore parts we dont care about like you noticed.

Adding new weapons now is not a good idea.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 02:27:19 pm »
OK lets be clear here.
Everyone have lots of idea about soldat, but its seems that you dont get in your mind other people opinions and whole work behind making actual game. Writing ideas is simple but try doing some of it and you gonna see why I'm so sceptical about your concept, because your list in current developer state is work for more than 2 years(no offence dev team), and this is pretty long time.
Thats cool that you have concept how make SP mode, but did you actually have any idea behind making game, AI, scripts, maps etc???
So as I said, its cool that "you have idea how to make it" but having just idea isn't enough. I could write you here 100 pages of amazing ideas that I would put in soldat but I know how hard is to make it even if i'm not soldat dev or even beta tester, but its not first project I've seen so i know how many time you need to spend on it, how many people you need to gather to work for free on such project and how hard is to put it in current game.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:29:05 pm by Akinaro »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »
too long for quote
That's a good list of suggestions, now do you volunteer helping with any of it? I'm sure the developers aren't short of ideas, rather people to work on them.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »
Akinaro

OK lets be clear here.
Everyone have lots of idea about soldat, but its seems that you dont get in your mind other people opinions and whole work behind making actual game. Writing ideas is simple but try doing some of it and you gonna see why I'm so sceptical about your concept, because your list in current developer state is work for more than 2 years(no offence dev team), and this is pretty long time.
Thats cool that you have concept how make SP mode, but did you actually have any idea behind making game, AI, scripts, maps etc???
So as I said, its cool that "you have idea how to make it" but having just idea isn't enough. I could write you here 100 pages of amazing ideas that I would put in soldat but I know how hard is to make it even if i'm not soldat dev or even beta tester, but its not first project I've seen so i know how many time you need to spend on it, how many people you need to gather to work for free on such project and how hard is to put it in current game.

What was done over all those years? Not much I would say. So was the time wasted/not used or like you say people have to work for free, if that is the trouble why developer does't want to encourage people to buy registration or donation on their back account (for registration, if they are the owners now) to help them financially. What is wrong with that? We just have to stick to this rule: No more power for registered people! and game will be still cool for everyone! New weapons like you said are just a different look and kind of dmg, so it won't give advantage to registered people! We got to do something, come on!

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 04:35:12 pm »
Well, you obviously have no experience in game developing or project directing, otherwise you would have known the value of what you just said before posting it. Read my previous post. The point is; Even if your ideas were logical and necessary, try to understand that everyone has ideas and everyone (even the developers themselves) can daydream about them, but in comparison near to nobody has expertises, manpower or time to implement them. There's a priority to everything and fixing old things comes before adding new things, which is what the developers have currently decided to do and which is also a very realistic goal.

If you want Soldat to have tutorials or nick name registrations, be my guest and program them. Nobody cares if you played the game for 8-9 years and suddenly have something to say about it. I've done maps for Soldat for almost 10 years and nobody benefits from knowing that I wish there were real teleporters, because I have no means to implement them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:39:09 pm by smiluu »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »
comment on this please:
you say people have to work for free, if that is the trouble why developer does't want to encourage people to buy registration or donation on their back account (for registration, if they are the owners now) to help them financially. What is wrong with that? We just have to stick to this rule: No more power for registered people! and game will be still cool for everyone! New weapons like you said are just a different look and kind of dmg, so it won't give advantage to registered people! We got to do something, come on!

and yes I think I helped with putting those ideas into game, I think I helped developers by buying registration which is 14$, also I am considering buy a T- shirt! which is about 35$(sum) I think you can call this HELP.