Author Topic: Steyr reduced damage question (fixed topic)  (Read 6908 times)

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
Steyr reduced damage question (fixed topic)
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:20:28 am »
hi :')
i just want to ask why the fuck -1 dmg to steyr :')
you were already make -2 dmg last vers :')
and still DE was OP :')
Also i just want to say  it seems you guys dont play this game so much, i mean devs :')
SO MAKE THIS GAME FOR PLAYERS OKEY?
kkthxbye :')
also its my own opinion, this version will be  worse than what you did before :')
good luck :')

EDIT: fixed topic
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:19:27 am by Shoozza »

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
Re: hi :')
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:23:52 am »
In my opinion AUG have +1 in 1.6.7 beta, cuz in 6.6 you need 9-10 bullets to kill. Now 8-9.
And think DE has less dmg

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:26:01 am »
Raged did you even played this beta? I dont see any problem with Aug...

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:30:39 am »
Raged did you even played this beta? I dont see any problem with Aug...
i played before open the topic.i just want to understand that why with every version steyr losing damage?
its getting hard to use that.its my favourite weapon and im using like 6 years.i can see the differences.
And also DE is taking people with 2 bullets.And minigun is OP too.But there is no change those weapons.
I see the changes with steyr every single version and i really hate it

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
Re: Steyr reduced damage question (fixed topic)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:36:43 am »
The feedback that was received on 1.6.6 by the clan players in the WM team was a three-way tie between giving Deagles more damage, less damage and not changing it. For Steyr the majority wanted less damage.

As for Deagles being able to kill in two shots - It's been able to do that since around version 1.1.0. Deagles is at its lowest damage now since version 1.5.0.

The alternative to nerfing Steyr would be buffing every other weapon, but the clan community were against that.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 09:09:04 am »
As for Deagles being able to kill in two shots - It's been able to do that since around version 1.1.0. Deagles is at its lowest damage now since version 1.5.0.
This is a fallacious reasoning. Either you don't realize how much stronger it became due to factors outside of the weapons.ini parameters. Or you are consciously ignoring that fact.

Now I'm not saying the wm is bad. First because I don't believe its fair to judge a wm we only tested for a day. And secondly because it's highly subjective. But this fallacy of only considering the values in the weapon.ini to describe the power of a weapon and ignoring the dramatic effects that changes in the code of Soldat had on it is bad for sure.

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:51:23 am »
That comment was a counter to the claim "DE is taking people with 2 bullets" being an implicit reason for it being overpowered. As for actually addressing the Deagles' relative strength in 1.6.6 I did say that the WM team was torn on additional nerfs to it.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 11:06:04 am »
That comment was a counter to the claim "DE is taking people with 2 bullets" being an implicit reason for it being overpowered.
Killing in 2 shots with the deagles used to be a rare occurrence prior to the net-code, synchronization, ... tweaks. Now it's very common.

You question the veracity of this statement emanating from the competitive CTF community.
And you argument your point of view with weapons.ini parameters and ingame tests against bots. I also saw you state somewhere that players move faster because of some of the movement tweaks you made and therefore the bullets velocity are usually higher resulting in more damage. (No, skoskav, people don't move faster than they used to).

There lies the issue. You ignore the dramatic effects the net code and synchronization tweaks had on the power of weapons.

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:21 am »
The maximum player speed hasn't really changed. But the average speed likely has.

I'm stating that the damage formula used in the game has allowed 2-hit kill Deagle shots since 1.1.0.

I'm not being ignorant about net code, client-server sync fixes and such. I'm making WMs based on a what the WM team thought of 1.6.6.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 11:37:56 am »
The maximum player speed hasn't really changed. But the average speed likely has.

I'm stating that the damage formula used in the game has allowed 2-hit kill Deagle shots since 1.1.0.

I'm not being ignorant about net code, client-server sync fixes and such. I'm making WMs based on a what the WM team thought of 1.6.6.
Thx for clearing that up.

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »
All i want to  say is im just really bored the see changes on steyr in every single version of soldat.And also first it is lost 5 bullets with enesce's time and with the next versions steyr lost damage.I dont really care about DE or smth else but as i said it is getting hard to use steyr.Also im curious about who make feedback to you?

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »
Steyr getting hard to use could be because it isn't as overpowered anymore. :P

It's a bummer though that we can't just get the weapons right from the start - constantly tweaking them every version. Even our wiki article takes a jab at us for this.

The WM team has been the main influence for the 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 WMs. For 1.6.7 the team consisted of nosejj, Bune, LLSSNEN, Tito and moi. We usually conspire collaborate on IRC at #soldat.devs.wm@QuakeNet

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 07:05:49 am »
deagle -1dmg
Ak +1dmg
Aug +1dmg
Barrett +60 or +90 reload time its pretty stupid that it reloads near instantly
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 09:28:35 am »

It's a bummer though that we can't just get the weapons right from the start - constantly tweaking them every version. Even our wiki article takes a jab at us for this.

The WM team has been the main influence for the 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 WMs. For 1.6.7 the team consisted of nosejj, Bune, LLSSNEN, Tito and moi. We usually conspire collaborate on IRC at #soldat.devs.wm@QuakeNet
no actually my aim is in top 3.its not about that.i mena it is too long to kill someone but with DE with 2 bullets.that the difference.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 09:47:45 am »
but with DE with 2 bullets.that the difference.

DE shoots two bullets at once... just saying xD  ;D ;D

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »

LMAO, NICE WM TEAM

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes