Author Topic: ctf_map +climbing mod/script suggestions!  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
ctf_map +climbing mod/script suggestions!
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:43:17 am »
Hi, I would like to present new kind of climbing map? and some mod/script suggestion.

So let start with describing map:
In this kind of climb map, players might play on both teams (red and blue).
We start from the bottom of course. There are two possibilities for flags starting positions. Flags will be either on the top of the mountain waiting someone to just touch them, or enemy flag in our friendly base. In second option, someone grabs the flag and runs with it up to the top.

I don't play "climbing" so I do not know if it would be entertaining or challenging to jump to just one side, so here are the options for modding or making script to make this kind climbing map really cool&fun.

1) We can add time counting and make a script that will save best time(record) for other players to see.
2) We add weapons for each team. We mod the map to be shoot-able through the center vertical bounder(in some areas only, I guess) and let opposite team players kill each other(or mod it some other way,(1)like pushing off/down players with command, (2) just secondary weapon) on the way up to the top. 
3) Increasing Pressure: We add counter: that counts meters above the sea lvl(or something lol) and lvl of pressure (a warning should appear for a player that reaches the horizontal line where you have limited amount of time before you die(there should be a counter for that too or no lol xD), because of high pressure. 

Another suggestion: Rope Launcher!
Rope Launcher it would be a command that make a rope launcher appear graphically and shoot a rope to the direction of gun-sight(I do not know if you can make a bullet stay till you want it to stay but I guess you will find a way scriptwriters!) then with another command it makes your soldier move to this position. Going meter by meter to this direction would be nice but I do not know if it's possible so teleport/warp stays as an option. Rest of mod options for this command I leave for you guys).
Or make something like in worms lol xD.

PS someone will have to make this map real :P Don't forget to give me credit for it, and leave it as it is please, just add some graphic upgrades. 

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: ctf_map +climbing mod/script suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:56:04 am »
Its not so new idea, I mean climbing up with weapons, most of JTL maps are created in such way, and I know few ctf/climb maps that use this idea

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »
Its not so new idea, I mean climbing up with weapons, most of JTL maps are created in such way, and I know few ctf/climb maps that use this idea

well I did not copy the idea from anyone and I never see it anywhere, its probaly because I don't play climbs.

Akinaro or anyone would make this map for me? 60% credit for you and 40% credit for me? xD make it all slippery ice, and make center shoot-able through.
Put both flags on the top.
Please? :)

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:14 pm »
1. You cant make ice and player collide ony polygons at the same time.
2. Maybe if you suggest something closely related to climb, you should check first if it hasn't already been created?

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 02:30:02 pm »
you want me to spend an hour for searching such a thing? I typed mountain and search forum but I found nothing like that, never see it so I made it...

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 03:12:41 pm »
Where is the logic behind posting a suggestion regarding climbing if you don't climb? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt post this, if you had played climb for a few hours at least. Then you would know that there is a ton of maps like this one you've posted. The concept you described isn't unique at any aspect, so you could just ask a mapper to make you a mountain-like map with a dedication, because this is what it's going to be at the end.
But yeah, if you can't spend an hour to do even an elementary research about the subject i guess I'm wasting my time, and you are wasting yours aswell by posting these suggestions.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12:16 pm »
to be honest I did play for more than few hours maybe from all those 8-9 years like 20 hours I am not sure, but never seen this kind of map.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:08:16 pm »
mine is better ;p :S

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:05:26 pm »
Don't forget to give me credit for it
60% credit for you and 40% credit for me
mine is better ;p :S
40% for absolutely nothing? top kek

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 03:43:57 am »
I have idea of Time Machine, you design it and build it, and give me 50% credits :]

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 01:21:11 pm »
I have idea of Time Machine, you design it and build it, and give me 50% credits :]
Ideas and ideas with concrete concept are two different things, concrete concept can be copyrighted too. So technically what he's suggesting is not all that wrong.
What I don't understand tho, why %s, why not just credit mapper X and Mr. Drax in same sentence. You can't split whatever respect the players give you and there's no profit to be made, so what's the point?

Also, Drax. Just download Soldat polyworks and make it yourself, making a map like this is easy. Reason you're not getting help so fast is probably because nobody is interested in it as much as you are, which makes you the most suitable mapper for it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:23:00 pm by smiluu »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 01:50:41 pm »
Actually that was just sarcastic comment to Dusty post about this situation.
Not him personally, but how good he summarized this, quote: "40% for absolutely nothing? top kek"

Beside as I said this idea is nothing new, so its hard to give him any credits.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »

why you wrote 50% if I said:
60% credit for you and 40% credit for me?

can you guess why I bolded "?" because 40% is a suggestion

Dusty:

40% for absolutely nothing? top kek

absolutely nothing? well if its not a new idea  then cut 20% from 40% I still have 20% for how it should look like, you cant say its nothing...

also I should report you for false quoting

original(mine):
60% credit for you and 40% credit for me?

your copy:
60% credit for you and 40% credit for me

it's different....