Author Topic: whats cooler  (Read 3943 times)

Offline paintZoom

• Major
whats cooler
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:22 am »
hey everyone.
i was remembering when i first started to play the game (almost at start of 1.5) and was thinking about the cool things game had back then
for example the "law".
it had a really cool feel to fire a law. its "firetime" was lot faster and that made for these long offscreen-chase laws that everyone loved so much
also attackin with it was more fun.. now for example u go to enemy base> use your shot to make an entrance > take flag > base defender appear > u are wasted cuz u had no shot and law is just way to slow to do anything xDD (this is at one shots ofc)
to make it work now u gotta "lawcamp" a little bit before the players are even on your screen u gotta go wizard shit to hit a thing
so yeah old law was a lot cooler. i dont know about "fairness" but the timing of the mid air switch ground instafire amazing law kill was craptons of fun

other thing that is really not cool is the sound of the damn ruger.. cmon dude that sound sucks... i dont use the gun just because the sound its boring and i know gun is op and ez and all that but with that sound.. cant take it just too boring asdasd
seriously sound of the gun makes it for me thats why i use barret or deagles .. they have really cool fire sounds and give a cool feel when firing (fun stuff=)

talking about barret. old delay was stupid xD when i started i was like WTF why u gotta hold click half hour to fire a bullet ?__? but  i think thats the reason i love that gun!! dumb gameplay mechanic was so new and cool to me i loved that crap. and also i think that old laggy barret with insta law was the real deal of fun stuff it made the game different and cooler than other games for me
i think that that kind of things are a bit lost these days  u know.. with all the competeteve balancing crap ppl no longer use guns because they like it xD they use it because win xDDD ... so i think thats a way of "balancing out" guns u know make them feel cool when firin/playing and that shit
ill use em :D

also one last thing from my personal experiments i found that the explosions colors are soo DULL xD if throw in a vibrance filter on high u get a really cool explosion :D
i atached a sample but.. not the same .. seriously try and action on photoshoC and try em with a lot of saturation or vibrance its the shit

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: whats cooler
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:10 am »
LAW is very powerful currently imo. Don't remember how it was in 1.5.0 anymore but for sure there's no need for further improvements. This would only make one op.

Public server are overflowed with Barrets because of its damage (bullet in foot kills wtf). Also, time to hold button is to short imo. Barret is definitely op right now but no one cares.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:40:41 am by machina »

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:55:25 am »
\_(`-`)_/
Make love, not war.

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 07:11:31 pm »
Public server are overflowed with Barrets because of its damage (bullet in foot kills wtf). Also, time to hold button is to short imo. Barret is definitely op right now but no one cares.
if barret where op it would be overused on 3v3 scene... i think is overused in publics because is more fun than other guns(and there is also one shots servers and 1-2 regular ctf with players plus few dms but almost no  barrets there)
and the foot thing.. i guess it is like that to go like railgun of quake (google says soldat has some quake/cs elements xD)

also about law i read in-game that there is bug that lets  u insta-shot but players didnt tell me how xDDD (that should be reported in the bugtracker if is not already)
but seriously law is a bit too slow for teh game. i dont see how shortening the windup in like 3-5 frames would ruin the game
i thing it could be more useful for attackin u know combo killiing and gettin out with the flag more easily since public matches look more defense oriented now..

im attachin the explosions if someone wants it..

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 04:52:04 am »
I agree with you in that the sound of ruger is booring. Hopefully we will remake all sounds one day soon

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:46:56 pm »
Also, time to hold button is to short imo.

Same goes for every hold-to-fire guns ever.

... Anyway, M79 is a lot more fun to use than Barrett though not as straight-forward and has a much higher learning curve to use effectively. And obviously 1-shot is not as effective in team game as in DM because of the circumstances; that's doesn't mean anything.

Ruger sounds fine if you ask me... DE actually sounds to me so... "stereotypical" that I actually think it's kinda lame.  :P  Minimi has the coolest sound for autos btw; it got good rhythm to it!
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline No-Mercy

• Major
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 08:19:54 pm »
Good times shooting with law while supermanning  8)
And bloody chain?

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 10:54:17 am »
As a gun manufacturer contested by other gun manufacturers you would strive towards effiency, rather than trying to kill all your potential customers.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 08:27:39 am »
Barret is harder on the competitive scene than on public servers because on public servers you have more time to work with it, sometimes you are too lazy to do the objectives or the enemies are playing for frags not flags, without decent timing, tricks etc. That's the main reason, the level and objective.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline eieigoto

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 02:58:22 am »
 potential customers.
golden slot

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 06:42:50 am »
I agree with you in that the sound of ruger is booring. Hopefully we will remake all sounds one day soon

I agree with you about the Ruger sound. However Barret sound is epic and should be left alone :)

Good times shooting with law while supermanning  8)
And bloody chain?

Hell yessss.... I miss both. But the second one is more likely to be good idea for bringing it back.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+