Author Topic: Make Soldat on Steam!  (Read 16354 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Make Soldat on Steam!
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 12:52:16 pm »
videos like those usually don't generate much traffic or new players because most youtubers know a shit about the games they're playing and are just using them to have content. If there's ever a famous YT channel to make a video about soldat he either has to know the game or merge with people from the community.

some people wouldn't even add a link to the official site and not even that would be much of a help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYE7mFADyao
This video got 800k views but it's actual range towards the game is 0.
Don't make that mistake to get hyped about retarded youtubers and their clicks.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 01:30:57 pm »
Around when "Random Soldat Bullshittery"  was posted.  i saw there was incriease in "max" concurent players if you judge by (soldat.pl/en/lobby) , to 150? or even 200 ? dont rember, from around 90...

...but few days later it seems they all leave game...like nothing ever happened... seems promotions is not Soldat's .."bottleneck" of success.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 05:20:59 pm »
It's almost impossible to retain new players. The game is ugly as fuck for this generation.
Also there's no news about what is going on. Ok, there's a new map makers team, but there's no dev logs. We were excited for 10 minutos and nothing more.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2016, 01:30:16 am »
It's almost impossible to retain new players. The game is ugly as fuck for this generation.
Also there's no news about what is going on. Ok, there's a new map makers team, but there's no dev logs. We were excited for 10 minutos and nothing more.
A major effort is underway, but keep in mind we're doing it for free, so progress cannot be constant. Hopefully I'll be able to make some teasers in November.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2016, 01:10:43 am »
Sounds great! Lets atleast here whats in store for this month.

I for one definitely think the user interface needs major revamp if we are to retain new players. The game just looks too cluttered when first opened.

I've been playing for years and still remember that I did not even bother to play online for such a long time because I did not even see the "join game" tab and didn't know how to load servers as a kid.

There have been lots of ideas and models floating around that are major improvements to what we have now. I hope some thought has been put into this :D

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 10:15:07 pm »
hey, just wanted to say too that I think it would be awesome if this game were added to Steam (even maybe Greenlight idk). it would bring new players, which would bring feedback, and also people who are willing to contribute! even with bugs and all this game is AWESOME. just needs proper push. btw, this new version is looking fresh as hell  8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:37:43 pm by squiddy »
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2016, 08:18:29 pm »
A major effort is underway, but keep in mind we're doing it for free, so progress cannot be constant. Hopefully I'll be able to make some teasers in November.

Any updates you could share?

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2016, 04:22:11 pm »
Do .. Not .. Put .. This .. Game .. On ... Steam.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 08:31:11 pm »
The day when network core and lag-based issues will be fixed in Soldat must be the same day it goes on Steam.
Not like I don't appreciate current developer team work and effort they put in the game, but since 1.4.x this problem is well-known and no one seem to care over all these years(or just ignoring this for reasons apparently we don't know).

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2017, 11:00:15 am »
hey, just wanted to say too that I think it would be awesome if this game were added to Steam (even maybe Greenlight idk). it would bring new players, which would bring feedback, and also people who are willing to contribute! even with bugs and all this game is AWESOME. just needs proper push. btw, this new version is looking fresh as hell  8)
Squiddy ora ora ainda jogando esse bendito jogo hahahha
Make love, not war.

Offline whitdemon

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2017, 08:07:54 am »
when is it going on steam?

theres a bazilion steam users with shitty computers that want to play this

(make it free or cheap)

???

win
In the end there can be only one!!!

used to play as MoX[PT]

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2017, 09:21:47 am »
theres a bazilion steam users with shitty computers that want to play this
Define "shitty".

Here's some actual statistics data instead:
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Besides, new art direction of Soldat kinda announced that the devs don't target only crappy dying PCs. And that's of course a good choice.

make it free or cheap
I'd say: free or eventually start it free and then switch to cheap paid version.

The best solution IMO would be to keep it the way it is i.e. bonus features for money but paid once - not a single skin for a single donation.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 05:23:44 am »
And how would you control and administer those paid versions and how you would implement the to actuall game?
Because most of problems that soldat have for past few years, are somehow related to its current distribution and how its managed.
Game rights belong to MM, because he is author of Soldat, but for past YEARS, he didnt support it in any way, all works where made by users who decided to help developing it.
And even if they knew its free, and they agree to it in the first place, those few registrations that where made went to MM not to game it self in any way, for example for advertising, that its really needed right now.

If there would be clear situation of that, there would be proper dev team, where few people would be responsible for advertising game and social media of game and he would use those few bucks for advertising game. And also site and forum would have few ads, there would be paid addons especially for selected users of game and forum, game would have proper donation system that could be used for eg, getting proper programmers with experience that would work on game all the time.

Its a matter of clearing that situation, creating proper agreement for people who work on game(name, address, etc) and after that you could "trust" those persons to use those money to advertise game and help developing it.

Everyone do this, especially if you want to make money from it on steam, so why Soldat would not start being proper game, instead of being in state of some weekend project made for fun by bunch random people, like for past hundreds of years.