Author Topic: Possible modifications - gostek!  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Possible modifications - gostek!
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:53:27 pm »
Please tell me what are the possible modifications for gostek ??? can we change the size of soldier? for who? can we make many mods for each player or bot? what mods will work online? etc.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:55:16 pm by Drax »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Possible modifications - gostek!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »
try it!
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 11:36:05 pm »
you helped a lot...

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 12:06:28 am »
you helped a lot...
as I said, you will have to try things on your own. You shouldn't make a topic for every new sub question which appears.

Edit the files in your gostek folder (enlarge them).
I've attached a help file which tells you which file is which part of the player model.
and you will see the result

You can play online with it. (of corse other players don't see your player model at the same size like you do)

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:22 am »

You shouldn't make a topic for every new sub question which appears.

but it might help others, that will have the same question, right? so in future according to the forum rules I guess, ppl have to search first before asking by posting a topic, I did not find such a topic so I made it + I think I will make full modding guide, with details and examples after I will do my first mod/script, so topic like this will be useful/helpful, I will have a link that I will be able to put/use in my future guide (for extra/more info about this part of modding) + it is good to have updated data on forum, is it?

because you did not tell me any possibilities I will post list of questions, please answer them:
1) Can I make more outfits, like for every primary weapon (it's 10 I guess) so 10 different gosteks?
2) Can I make 10 different gosteks for bots?
3) Can I make someone look like a big dragon? and somehow make this creature have same animations/moves like our soldier? meaning throwing nades, knife, crouch?
4) Can I make different gosteks for each team, so two different gosteks?

PS I am making script/mod but before I will do this I need to know well as much as possible possibilities in soldat, because before making a script/mod you have a question: what do I want to do? right? so I can do brainstorming, think of great ideas, but what if they are not possible to accomplish in soldat? and as we know a lot of ideas might not be possible ;/ so I knew to know all those possible possibilities,
"I need to know all the names of my bricks in order to build a great wall xD". or something like that lol  :D :P

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 01:08:59 am »
1) Can I make more outfits, like for every primary weapon (it's 10 I guess) so 10 different gosteks?
I dont know what you mean with that. Do you mean that your player should look different if you pick another weapon ?
2) Can I make 10 different gosteks for bots?
so, you say you want to have 10 different player models ? That doesnt work.
3) Can I make someone look like a big dragon? and somehow make this creature have same animations/moves like our soldier? meaning throwing nades, knife, crouch?
if you want to make someone look like a dragon (which will be nearly impossible imo) you would have to make everyone from his team look like that. As there are just team1 and team2 gostek files.
4) Can I make different gosteks for each team, so two different gosteks?
YES
\gostek-gfx\team2
\gostek-gfx\

There is a mod avaible where the player looks like a spider. I had that years ago so I don't know if that does still exist somewhere but I'll try to give you a link for that.

The body file translations.

Thanks to Abortion.

From this thread on the Soldat Forums: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=1330
................................................. ........................

Why they are the little structures that make your guy so violently cute. Some useless, all mod’able.

Main body parts

[HELP.GIF]

Other Files:
dred.bmp = A single dreadlock
kap.bmp = hat
helm.bmp = helmet
badge.bmp = Rambo band
dred.bmp = A single dreadlock
hair1.bmp = Base hair for dreadlocks
hair2.bmp = Punk
hair3.bmp = Mr.T style
hair4.bmp = normal
kamizelka = bulletproof vest (appears over klata)
lecistopa = foot while using jet
para.bmp = ½ parachute
para2.bmp = other ½ parachute
para-rope.bmp = parachute rope
cygaro = cigarette/cigar
lancuch = dogtag’s chain
metal = dogtag
zlotylacuch = gold chain
zloto = gold chain frontal link piece thingy
stopa - the foot
lecistopa - foot with jets on

Beer and walkie do not seem to appear in the game. Perhaps these were tried during it's creation and were just never taken out.

The mirror images of the above are marked with a ‘2’ following the filename. These are used to reverse the appearance; when the player’s left side is viewed.

Example:

Halo mod 3,5 for Soldat
http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-mod-35
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:31:19 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl