Author Topic: Some suggestions and stuff  (Read 2980 times)

Offline realman

• Major(1)
Some suggestions and stuff
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:57:34 am »
I was wondering if its possible to have more customization for player appearance..like T-shirts , Shorts, sunglasses, built-in "sscc", rags, shoes and stuff like that.

Also, what do you think about more weapon options?

3rd, when is soldat 2 coming out? :D

And a little thing about barret that i think is very wrong..When proning in air, aim goes better?
So you can zoom, and aim better? That doesnt make any sense, its pretty much used in rscs and many players getting easy kills cause of it. prone in air isnt like prone on ground.

Thanks.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
Re: Some suggestions and stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »
Storm2D is pretty much Soldat 2. Most of the things are based on Soldat, you got MM working on it and the community is pretty much the same as well. All of your suggestions will be more likely to be considered in Storm2D.

http://www.storm2d.net/
https://forum.thd.vg/forums/storm2d/

Proning in air reduces your air control so it's not without cost to get "easy kills" with barret. Besides, the realism argument is just wrong, nothing never gets balanced properly if you prioritize in realism. Games don't need to make sense, they're not real life.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:08:08 pm »
Not sure if we should add customizations but stuff like a bandanna or sunglasses could probably work. Though not high priority.
Not sure what you mean by built-in "sscc".

There was some discussion about adding new weapons (skoskav wanted something like that) but there was no real agreement on what we should add and if it is even a good idea.

Depends on what you expect from "soldat 2", there are plans on a larger release (Soldat 1.7).

Storm2D is different. If it was Soldat it would have that name. But you should check it out and see yourself.

Like smiluu said it is not without cost. Maybe there is no need to change it - I at least never heard anyone complain about it before this thread ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 05:45:17 am »
SSCC is a program that basically allows you to change your skin's color. You can easily do it yourself by editing soldat.ini but some people use it nevertheless. Seems like a good idea to add it to the personalization tab - shouldn't be too comlipcated since it would only edit one .ini line that is already there?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:46:06 am »
Most valuable part about SSCC is it lets you preview your appearance.

And yeah, S2D isn't meant to be Soldat 2 [anymore].
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline realman

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 06:39:51 am »
Built-in as in player options in-game.
and ye, Storm2D looks nothing like Soldat..

And about Barret air zoom and accuracy.. in rs survival , when you jump high and zoom, then "hs" people behind a building, its a weird logic in my opinion. Maybe accuracy should be decreased.

And another thing, Barret users recieve a very low bink effect...im not sure if its because of latency or not, but many players complain about it. Because it had more effect in previous Soldat versions.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 04:31:50 pm »
i agree with bink, its almost non existant at this point

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »
I've been in army and I've done more hours in training camps/shooting ranges than playing say.. Battlefield for instance (I got a total of zero hours collectively in every BF). I personally can't hit shit when proning, I find it harder to breath and focus with my spine bent in a proning position and with my balls always managing to freeze somehow, because we've either been dipping in cold mud or it's winter because fucking Finland. My most accurate shooting stance is crouching/squatting, because I find it more comfortable to use and practice. So when it comes to logic of realism in games, crouching should be more accurate because that makes more sense to me lol.

What I'm trying to say is that you can be biased about logic and realism, which is why it is and has always been a stupid design directive to pursue in video games.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:49:25 pm by smiluu »

Offline realman

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 06:43:34 am »
Got it  :)