Author Topic: ESA v2.11  (Read 41988 times)

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
Re: ESA v2.08
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »
Have been using it and its great... couple of questions
1.When I disconnect it just reconnects to the server again, is this a program, script or user problem?
2. I dont seem to be able to pick up the data/text of a player joining the server, but using code in the example, that looks for the word 'has', a player changing teams and leaving the server works fine.

Any ideas... ?

Also if anyone has some good scripting they've written with this, post ity up! It looks like it could do some impressive stuff!
 Â 

Offline Thomas

• Major
    • mnus.de
ESA v2.08
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 04:31:29 am »
WOW, f**king great work! Gonna take a look at the source if i have time =)

the new icon sucks :S
old icon rules, so i replaced it, thanks to PEiD, UPX and ResHacker ^^

which language did you use?
It's C++
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:51:56 am by Thomas »

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006, 07:00:59 am »
Mr Pink: 1) download 2.0b version, sry..
2) when player joins a game, it is not visible in structure yet (its added one second after joining). So u gotta get player name from 'xxx has joined game'.

MisterX: i could connect before all players would join, and disconnect after every player would leave. I could also hide soltv few seconds before map starts/ends. If players would do map voting (it's not visible in any soldat admin if i remember well), my friends could tell me on teamspeak 'k, safe, you can run soltv now'. With current solution u can make taunt 'is blabla' and just press alt+xx while playing.

Thomas: nice ;d

Mistercharles: it would take a bit more time ..

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: ESA v2.08b
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2006, 09:48:17 am »
Really coming on great man. But I have a request if possible or not already done.

Any chance of a 'team balancing' option that works like this.... at the end of each map, the players who reach 1st, 3rd, 5th etc in the scoreboard move to Alpha team, and those that score 2nd, 4th, 6th etc go to Bravo team.

Why? Well public servers can be a bit of a pain in the ass when all the good players are on one team. It's not an infallible idea, but it'd help a little.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline KentheGreat

• Soldier
    • a Kennie blog
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2006, 10:52:03 am »
Hmm, I found how the "display a message every X milliseconds" work, but it doesn't work, or I mean, I found the place to edit it, but it doesn't show. I put time to 3 minutes (1800000 milliseconds), but it doesn't show.. I guess it's something that I should do, although if I in my mind made everything necessary from the faq..

Code: [Select]
$if($isequal(%bytimer%,1),$send(/say "my server message")$die(),)
I only edited the /say, as bytimer was as I understand already set to 1. Probably a very simple problem, but for me.. big :P

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2006, 11:04:53 am »
Try to remove quotation signs

Offline KentheGreat

• Soldier
    • a Kennie blog
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2006, 01:23:23 pm »
hmm, I tried to put another msg but I'm not sure how I would make it split up to several lines, this is my code..

Code: [Select]
message shown every 10 minutes ..
$if($isequal(%bytimer%,1),$send(/say ETA Server - ETA's rules %newline% Do not: %newline% spawnkill, hack or whine!!! %newline% Note: Camping, spraying and using all weapons is LEGAL! %newline% If you are caught hacking, whining or such you will get ban. %newline% This message means Ken is admin. So be careful. )$die(),)

(For the content of the /say msg, no flaming please, it's our server :P)

anyways, %newline% was the closest I came to a new line command, as simple enter didn't work either..

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2006, 01:53:24 pm »
Chakra's idea would be truly awsome.

Mistercharles: it would take a bit more time ..
Are you saying you'd make it? It's really just a lite version of ESA focused more on graphicalness, without a scripting engine.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2006, 02:15:51 pm »
Mistercharles: I want to add chat lines, team scores and fullscreen option.
i think %newline% won't work as splitter for /say, you need to do something like $send(/say omgomg %newline%/say omgomg)

Offline MisterX

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2006, 08:54:31 am »
MisterX: i could connect before all players would join, and disconnect after every player would leave. I could also hide soltv few seconds before map starts/ends. If players would do map voting (it's not visible in any soldat admin if i remember well), my friends could tell me on teamspeak 'k, safe, you can run soltv now'. With current solution u can make taunt 'is blabla' and just press alt+xx while playing.
That's why I mentioned the message which would show if SolTV is running when a map starts and probably when it ends. This way, even if you had SolTV running before everybody joined, so that nobody could see the "SolTV activated", they would still see something like "SolTV" is running when the map ends and the first round begins. Important is that it doesn't just show if ESA itself gets connected or disconnect, but specifically the SolTV feature, so that you couldn't just hide SolTV before a map ends and the next one starts while still running ESA.
If don't see a way how a server admin could still run the SolTV feature without anybody noticing, at least in case he doesn't alter the program in some way.

My "problem" with the "Is audience observing us?" feature is that I think it could easily lead to misunderstandings, if a clan has a taunt with that message and uses it every minute in a clanwar. At least I wouldn't like being trusted so little that the enemy team frequently uses the taunt on our server.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2006, 10:11:10 am »
Great program indeed, the only feature that is missing is an IRC interface which supports !kill etc through irc!

A few small things that would also be nice:
- It would be nice if the players in the playerbox are colored and/or it should tell how many players there are in both teams.
- Also (like arsse) having different colors in the console to show chat/joins+quits/admin commands etc would be great.
- Right-click on player name to do commands is also nice
- Some of the info is really kinda useless, such as vote% and bonus frequency. Maybe that space could be used in a more effective way.

Anyway these are just some suggestions, you seem to be doing lots of updates so i thought i'd just mention it ;)

EDIT:
- Option to put it in systemtray!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:08:03 am by BombSki »

hunterz

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2006, 11:21:00 am »
ESA... workin fine here... but, why the soltv its only for me and not can share this "tv" with another players? example: http://69.1.2.3/soltv and must players look the match with scoreboard and another options...

HLTV, ETTV...

(sorry, bad english)

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2006, 01:36:55 pm »
It's extended soldat admin. SolTV is just a feature.

[edit]
hunterz: you can always do write to file players and red / blue flag positions. Then you can make PHP script for it or application which connects to server etc etc.

Chakra:
you need to handle map changing. it's included in example script.
then do something like
$set(loop,0)
$while($isless(%loop%,%playercount%),
  $set(loop,$add(%loop%,1))
  $send(/setteam$add($mod(%loop%,2),1) %player%loop%id%)
 )

Mistercharles: then not. I was thinking about just putting chat etc in soltv + fullscreen option. But.. without scripting esa would be not esa. And I'm too lazy to implement details like that, especially that school begins.

MisterX: I just simply won't change it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 02:46:06 pm by rainrider »

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2006, 03:21:23 pm »
A bug:
when it disconnects from a server, and try to open the same (new) connection it says "already connected".

you cant close the connection..

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2006, 03:41:24 pm »
I havent that bug..
2.09 released
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 04:28:41 pm by rainrider »

Offline MisterX

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2006, 04:25:23 pm »
MisterX: I just simply won't change it.
I know I'm annoying you, which isn't my aim, still: Why not?
I just don't want undetectable ghosting (As long as you're not annoying the enemy by using a taunt for "Is audience observing us?" every minute) to be another problem while already the problem concerning "hacking" is getting more and more serious. I guess nobody wants that..

Offline MisterX

• Soldier
Re: ESA v2.09
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2006, 07:06:35 pm »
Nobody wants ****ing with closing soltv when it will be always possible to avoid this 'security' mechanism - -
Hey, I really don't want to annoy you and I'm sorry that I do, I'm just worried about Soldat, it's all.
If there really was a message when activating/deactivating SolTV and one at the beginning of a round showing up if it is activated, I don't see how you could avoid showing that it is running in a "clean" way.

It is your program and I respect it if you say that you definitely won't add something like this for whatever reason, I just don't want things to get worse. I am glad that you already implemented the 2 seconds delay and the "Is audience observing us?" message, but as this program really seems to be one of the best admin tools and which might well be spread pretty rapidly and used by many, there shouldn't be any reasons for worries, especially not in clanwars or more importantly league matches. Also I'm not the only one who is worried about this.
If it's one of the best programs it should also be one of the safest ones, especially if those are just 2 more messages which can't be disabled we're talking about..
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 07:32:26 pm by MisterX »

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2006, 08:12:25 pm »
lemme just say:

a. MisterX is not alone with his concerns.

b. as coder you have the responsibility to make sure (as far as you can) that your program isnt abused for "evil" or at least make it as hard as possible. if you dont, people will not remember your program with fondness, but with fear of being cheated by it. think about that for a moment. Im sure you want to do the right thing here.

cheers, and keep up the exemplary work.  :-*

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2006, 09:32:15 pm »
Oh well. Thanks for considering it.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2006, 02:57:46 am »
lemme just say:

a. MisterX is not alone with his concerns.

b. as coder you have the responsibility to make sure (as far as you can) that your program isnt abused for "evil" or at least make it as hard as possible. if you dont, people will not remember your program with fondness, but with fear of being cheated by it. think about that for a moment. Im sure you want to do the right thing here.

cheers, and keep up the exemplary work.  :-*
Many people have shown there concern about SolTV, as with any new feature in a popular program there are always people for it and against it.

No one would be opening and closing the SolTV feature just to make sure others dont know there cheating.
'Is audience observing us?' command is sufficient as I wouldn't like playing on a server that has messages popping up randomly about SolTV being opened and closed.

If anyone was really a wannabe/hardcore hacker they could have already made a script which displays player positions without any delay.
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!