Author Topic: ESA v2.11  (Read 42000 times)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: ESA v2.09
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2006, 03:12:55 am »
Maybe a server side option to disable player positions will stop all this bickering...

Offline MisterX

• Soldier
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2006, 09:05:25 am »
So in the future we're gonna have a taunt for "Is audience observing us?" which we'll be going to use at least once a minute in order to make sure there isn't ghosting in a match, so nobody can be trusted anymore. Sounds great indeed. This got great potential to make things far worse than they are, I hope you're aware of that fact.
I really don't understand how you can't just implement 2 simple messages, at least for the future versions, instead of having this uncomfortable and mistrust-favouring command.
I'm out of here..
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:15:22 am by MisterX »

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2006, 09:42:59 am »
MisterX
When this 'is audience blabla' would be forgotten, all cheaters would stay with this version which is not popupping any crap.

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2006, 09:51:01 am »
Maybe a server side option to disable player positions will stop all this bickering...

seconded.

rainrider: Thats just shortsighted of you. If worst comes to worst, I hope one day youll wake up and realize what a terrible pandora's box your tool can be.

Also, to pick up on your (bad and unfitting) example: The way it is now, your father would have to go to your room every 10 minutes just to make sure youre not getting it on with someone, thereby disturbing you while youre jacking off, watching tv, playing soldat, doing homework, whatever the hell youre trying to do, he'll always be there asking "are you..?? ARE YOU..???"

You think youd like that better than him only noticing when you ACTUALLY do it? lol ... weird logics you got there dude.

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline MisterX

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2006, 02:29:01 pm »
Again: when this 'is audience blabla' would be forgotten, all cheaters would stay with this version which is not popupping any crap.

So I c no sense in making messages when soltv is closed / opened / on map change.

I suggest u compromise: I won't remove 'is audience blabla' but I'll add those lines. K?
Didn't expect that..
Concerning this argument: Those "cheaters" could also go on using the version before you implemented "is audience ...", as well as just using another program or even making one on their own as somebody else said. But there are a lot of advantages in using ESA apart from only SolTV, and as it is getting better and better, most people will likely use the newest versions as well. It's not just about what the people who'd abuse it for ghosting would use, but also about being able to feel safe on a server using ESA in general. So the earlier these messages are implemented the less of a problem ghosting with it will be.

By the way: I never wanted the "is audience ..." command to be deleted, it's not a senseless one either, so for sure it can or even should be kept in the program. The only problem is that it is very uncomfortable if it is the only way you could check if SolTV is running. It's just important that the messages show if SolTV gets acivated/deactivated and show up if it is running at the beginning of a round, not ESA in general.

Thanks a lot, there's no reason why this nice program should also be a great problem at the same time.

'Is audience observing us?' command is sufficient as I wouldn't like playing on a server that has messages popping up randomly about SolTV being opened and closed.
On most servers quite a number of messages appear at the beginning of the round and disappear in 2 or 3 seconds time again, so 1 more message shouldn't make a difference. And as long as the server admin isn't having fun opening and closing SolTV twice a second these messages really shouldn't be a problem either.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:33:03 pm by MisterX »

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
Re: ESA v2.10
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2006, 10:04:32 am »
4 sep 2006, 2.10:
+ editable quick commands (global; check faq, part 3, question 3) (requested by Karaffka)
+ editable refresh interval
+ setteam to player popup menu
+ $intval and $floatval functions
+ $max and $min functions
+ $str_rev function
+ %soltvon% variable
+ %usingrefreshx% variable
+ $add $sub etc are now old $addf $subf etc. to display x-digit fraction use $floatval.
+ some soltv security, messages are send now on:
  ~ server switch
  ~ connect to server
  ~ disconnect from server
  ~ map change
  ~ trigger 'is audience observing us?' (always)
% fixed negative k:d ratio when player caps and then kills himself

Offline MisterX

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2006, 03:23:47 pm »
Thank you very much :) I've tried it and that's just what I've been asking for. Really, those few messages won't harm anyone, but they are a simple yet very effective way of preventing people from ghosting with ESA. I really appreciate that you accepted implementing this, just like it's great how you're enhancing this program and are responsive for suggestions.
Good luck with this program, finally I can thoroughly recommend it ;) :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 03:25:30 pm by MisterX »

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2006, 11:09:39 pm »
I just though u wanted to replace taunt with automessaging. But now it's ok and safe : ) removed few latest posts and sry for bad language.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 11:12:49 pm by rainrider »

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
    • SoldatX Brazilian Community
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 02:12:51 pm »
I don't know why, but in my ESA, there is no "Sol TV" option o.O

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2006, 03:15:28 pm »
SolTV works only with server 2.5.1.

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2006, 07:19:02 pm »
My server is 2.5.1.

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2006, 12:12:46 am »
Turn on refreshx in options.ini.
Or set mapslist.

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2006, 01:33:41 pm »
Oh, I changed the Maps directory at options.ini and now it works! Thank you!

One question... is it that hard to do a "complete" SolTV? I mean, a SolTV that shows the map, the players walking, flying and things more sofisticaded... would be nice!

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2006, 09:47:43 pm »
Second soldat? No. Of coure would make some lags (server would be sending more informations like xy of bullets, bullet types, players weapon, players health, players animations, players current frame, bool that are players flying etc. that things only would take minimum 292 bytes more). But the main reason is: can't load in opengl textures which have borders different than n-power of 2 (like not 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536, 131072, 262144 etc (ha i remember powers of 2 up to 2^18 :P)). So if I load texture 3x8 it just wouldn't be texture for opengl. That means no nice gosteks, no weapon graphics, no scenery until i would learn directx. But i haven't dx sdk and i'm too lazy to download it or learn it.

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2006, 09:15:56 am »
You're right, if you make a second soldat, it will lag just like a spectator.

Offline BattouKen

• Major(1)
    • Es lo que Hay!
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 06:13:02 am »
[only speak spanish, translated by google...]

I use 800x600 pixels in Windows xp, esa2.10 is myself to me bad, single she sees in 1024x768 and superior resolution well. I talk about that some bellboys do not see themselves. :(

helpme please!

[spanish]

yo uso 800x600 pixeles en windows xp, el esa2.10 se me ve mal, solo se ve bien en 1024x768 y superior resolucion. Me refiero a que algunos botones no se ven.

ayuda por favor!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2006, 08:00:43 am »
Here's some suggestions:

Ping graph for every player.
OR
Average ping graph.

Favourite servers.

Server usage logging (e.g. Save information about how many players to some file, for like every 1 minute) + Integrated tool to read those values.

Also, if it was possible to replace $isequal $lessorequal and so on with =, and <= and so on,
would be VERY nice.

Nice job anyway. :)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ANdro!d

• Camper
  • My ingame name is: t0XsiCk SprAyER
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2006, 08:07:48 am »
Waht exactly is this ? Man 4 me seeing all those codes in my front, that looks chinese !!!
Check the fucking rules on sigs.

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2006, 11:28:54 am »
Average ping graph - maybe i'll add it.
Favourite servers - that's already..
Server usage logging - you can do it yourself.
Logical operators instead of functions - huh. i'll c what i can do.

But..
you'll need to wait for release to next weekend I think.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2006, 02:09:48 pm »
Err? Fav servers already? Well, whatever. :P

Should be a list where to select server, then connect, like Soldat has. ;O
Fight! Win! Prevail!