Author Topic: Map screenshot App  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Map screenshot App
« on: March 15, 2014, 06:36:05 am »
Anyone know app that would automatically create screenshot of map in selected scale?

Sometimes I need to merge few sceneries or made scenery from polygons and it would be extremely handy to make quick screenshot of map in 100%, then edit important parts in Gimp/Photoshop.

I checked most of apps in forum and some of them are good but they have options only to take screenshot of small window/thumb part, and  I couldn't find App that would create .png file of map in 100% size.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Map screenshot App
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 09:41:42 am »
I think Soldat PolyWorks has a "Map Preview" plugin which will display the map in 100% (also you can zoom out)

You can use the "print key" on your keyboard to make a screenshot. If you use Win7 and higher it will be saved to your Images folder , if you are using XP & earlier versions you got to open your image editor and simply press "paste".

I'm not sure if I reall got your point here though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:46:42 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:43:27 am »

lol I saw it xD wrong topic?

Use delete button xD

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:47:26 am »

lol I saw it xD wrong topic?

Use delete button xD
yea, accidently replied in here, so I just edited my post to something "useful"  [retard]

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 09:51:33 am »
I think Soldat PolyWorks has a "Map Preview" plugin which will display the map in 100% (also you can zoom out)

You can use the "print key" on your keyboard to make a screenshot. If you use Win7 and higher it will be saved to your Images folder , if you are using XP & earlier versions you got to open your image editor and simply press "paste".

I'm not sure if I reall got your point here though.

I know that it save it using printscreen :] I use special app for screenshot that have different shortcuts for different file extension etc, becuse I use it a loot and default printscreen suck.

And I dont want such solution because I use it right now. I would like to have app that take 100% scale map image and save it in full resolution as a .png

So if map have 2000x1400 size it would save such file with all sceneries and polygons in one png file.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 09:55:26 am »
So if map have 2000x1400 size it would save such file with all sceneries and polygons in one png file.
printscreen does!

Well, I always use printscreen (unless for games)
Fraps is a good tool to, but it is limited to work in games. I'm not sure if it would work with PolyWorks. That's  a big contra of it.
I don't really know that much about tools for that  :-\

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 10:00:44 am »
printscreen save image in size of res your screen is. For most of time I work on my nettop that have only 1366×768 res(10"), so its save only in such res.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 04:33:41 pm »
I use lightshot its the easiest for print screening.
And got some nice functions
Choose one,
Bonecrusher