Author Topic: Can I hire any map maker? please?  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Can I hire any map maker? please?
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:28:19 am »
Post below is rewritten:

So is there anyone who would make this map for me?

1) Size: As big as possible. 1/5 sky 2/5 land+mountains 2/5 water+mountains at the bottom...
2) First picture taken from anime, is your color source for color of sky, water, rocks/mountains
3) Add tress, make mountains in water almost as big as the one on the land....
3) I would like you to make this map as a scenery, because I would like to choose what will collide and what won't, also I want to put hurt polys inside(it's because of my scripted+mod server...I will have a teleport skill there, so I don't want anyone to hide in mountains without some damage). I think the best way to make it is to make every mountain, tree (there won't be anything else I guess) as a separated scenery, I will put them together in my desired order.
4) You can add capsule somewhere on map
5) Of course include shading

I hope someone will make this map, I can't do it, I tried hard for few hours but I got very low quality lvl of map that you can see on Planet_Namek_layout :)
I need this kind of map for my Realistic DM server scripted+modded! Please!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:04:12 pm by Drax »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Can I hire any map maker? please?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:02 am »
It'd be best if you just posted your map outline here so multiple people can glance at it and see if it's worth their time.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 03:29:06 am »
I'm totally sure you don't knew for TMS ( The Soldat Map Showcase )
http://tms.jrgp.org/2010/
Here you will find masses of all kind of maps I'm pretty sure you find one that is like you wish.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:48:17 am »
Like jrgp said, post here plan of map and all important info

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 07:53:31 am »
I remember seeing a namek map made for Soldat, can't recall the name of the map though.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 07:57:40 am »
Yeah, its called.. Namek xD. Can post it here, but i don't have a texture.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 08:11:05 am »
here is with sceneries and textures:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:13:35 am by Akinaro »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »
Like jrgp said, post here plan of map and all important info

what important info??

plan:
- do not add any adds like, people, houses, and other things, just the landscape...
- make map as big as possible, and in some areas but bigger free space between mountains, or just make them nothing-collides
- I don't want players to see this as a map, what I mean is, make it as as big as possible + add polys or just scenery so people can't see the end of map as a empty space, did I make it clear enough  ??? :-\ :P
-do not put mountains in air, like in the map you showed me
-also look at the paint picture
-picture of Namek in this reply is your source of colors

about the map you posted here: amm its not bad but it's not gonna do for my Scriptomodded server xDD

so I hope someone will make my wish come true xDD

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 01:54:08 pm »
you just write this "important info" and by plan I mean image you upload her :]

Do you want this rock in water to be collide with player?
Do you want to use new polygons for 1.6.7?
That would be good in my opinion, especially with mountains and water area, because player can move in mountains area but walk on top of it without problem, and he could jump from watter to land in every place.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:57:02 pm by Akinaro »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »
Do you want to use new polygons for 1.6.7?

I guess..

Do you want this rock in water to be collide with player?

yea most of the polys in water should collide with player, you can put some in background...

the shape of mountains I made in paint is not really what I want, make it look better and mix them on map so it looks nice!
don't think too much which moutain make collide with players... I will probably change it anyway
add tries too and name it Planet_Namek please? :)
don't forget that I want put "hurt polys" inside (for some reason)
boundaries of anything that collides with players should be as thin as possible, becuse if players will get in texture I want them to get extra dmg for every second they will spend there...
I am wondering how to make polys so if player will hit the wall with high speed they will get into texture ??? ??? ???
Akinaro if you will start making it, can you should me paint plan before? please?

PS I assume you are going to make this map for me Akinaro, am I right? if yes then thank you a lot!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:46:47 pm by Drax »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 06:19:45 pm »
We used to play that map in hide and seek.

Good times.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 06:34:52 am »
I didnt said anything :]
Maybe I make it, maybe not, its not depend on my but on time I have for such projects.

Take into account that this is big-ass map with big ass sceneries, and because of that its need loots of time to make all graphic without making them bigger than 2MB.
Because as I checked loots of time when I make my map, scaling all graphic in to one png is not always good, and soldat have some problems with big graphic(sometimes it cut them).

And even If I use PNGOUT app to squeeze all graphic from eg 500KB to 200KB without loosing transparency and quality such big map would still take 3-5MB [if you want to make it max size]

Of course We could make 1-3 mountains and copy paste them with different scaling but end effect would be perfect...

Give me some time, maybe i make some sketch for it... but I dont promise anything.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 10:15:08 am »
I hope you will, because I failed to do this map and I won't do better than my first try soo... please try!

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 11:01:41 am »
Can you draw a Map Layout?
Just some lines in Pain to get a image of what you think how do the hills look do they have tunnels, what size is it ctf_ash ? ctf_ash x 10  ?
For now I just get that you want a huge map with hills and a big sky that would have terrible game-play cause of its pure size and open terrain ?
I maybe would be interested but I would have to see a map layout so I can think of is it even worth making cause of the game-play terrain and so on.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 12:00:21 pm »
Make 2-3 mountains based on his attached images, in medium res and copy pate them with different size/shape.
I even tried using multitextures but in such size its freaking annoying to make it.

I would understand small-medium map with lots of open ground, 1-2 big mountain and few smaller(excluding background) and open sky.

But huge map with 5-10 mountains, second water level also with hills... for soldat is useless, no one gonna run for 1min to get to another site of map, and imagine playing on it... 90% of time you gonna spend on looking for other players.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 04:42:25 pm »
(...) no one gonna run for 1min to get to another site of map, and imagine playing on it... 90% of time you gonna spend on looking for other players.
That's why you can play soldat with 32 players  [retard]
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 10:17:08 pm »
and imagine playing on it... 90% of time you gonna spend on looking for other players.

is not for any death match, I need this kind of map for my server that will have a script + mod.... 

Can you draw a Map Layout?

I have done it already, I have told you what size it should be (maximum) make the sky 1/4 of the map... 2/4 land with mountains and 1/4 the water + mountains at the bottom... anyway after all you are an artist? right? so look at all the info I wrote look how Namek looks like and create it please... don't forget about specific colors, once again look at the colors on this picture and use them, also add some tress, you can add a short cave in some bigger mountain...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 03:29:07 am »
That's why you can play soldat with 32 players  [retard]

For past 3 years I never saw server with full 32 slots... or even 20... only in the evening, between 18-22 I saw max players in some servers with 16 players.. but still they never manage to keep 16 for all the time :/

Offline BlackHoles

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 04:20:10 am »
drax, check the size pls you spawn in the middle on "land"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:55:15 am by BlackHoles »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 04:26:57 am »
small question. What is this?

its base for trees?