Author Topic: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.  (Read 78531 times)

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
Re: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2014, 11:32:50 am »
Not everyone keeps admin client enabled 24/7. That's way your proposal sound strange for me ;P
EOT

My proposition: Increase length of chat input, sometimes I am entering queries to my databases manually and now it's very limited.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:37:07 am by kicikici »
Classic banana

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Re: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2014, 10:02:48 am »
My apologies for the slow reply. Lack of free time is killing me lately...

1.6.7rc1
Code: [Select]
►   22:54:51 *Bad packet size: rp37 rs36
►   22:54:53 *Bad packet size: rp37 rs36
►   22:54:54 *Bad packet size: rp37 rs36
►   22:54:55 *Bad packet size: rp37 rs36
►   22:54:57 *Bad packet size: rp37 rs36

EDIT:
Also HwID column is empty.
BA uses server version to determine whether it is using known REFRESHX packet format. If it is not in the known servers list (which is currently hardcoded) BA uses basic REFRESH packet to query server info so HWIDs and SolTV won't work. There should be "Using legacy REFRESH" log message in this case. Beta and final 1.6.7 servers were already whitelisted, but i didn't expect that Soldat devs spawn "rc1" as well... I guess i need to move this whitelist into external file, so ppl won't need to wait for me to update BA to be compatible with the latest servers.
If i remember correctly "Bad packet size" messages indicate that someone tries to connect your server using incompatible (old) Soldat client.

I have two suggestions:
- could you add an option (checkbox): "Automatically go to tab where !admin was called"
- could you add an option (checkbox): "Ignore !admins and !adminlist as admin call"
- Baka could also gather HWID-to-nick information, for example in .ini file:
Code: [Select]
[HWID123456FF]
Adam
Adam'
~Adam~
[HWID5555EEEF]
NotAdam
Trolololo
[HWID11111111]
SomeOtherPlayer
(...)
And then when you would move your mouse on the someone's HWID, then as a "hint" would appear a list of all other nicks that were seen with that HWID.
Or it could be an option in right-click menu of the player.
Nice option would be also to have a counter - how many times that particular nick was seen with that HWID.

Automatically go to tab where !admin was called - that's not a good idea. Just imagine how annoying it would be when your tabs switch while you are reading log or just doing something on your current tab.

Ignore !admins and !adminlist as admin call - the issue right now is that BA uses straight approach and triggers highlight when any line from "highlight list.txt" is present in the message. I can add support for simple masks (with ? and * wildcards) instead.

Baka could also gather HWID-to-nick information, for example in .ini file - i think LogEye have something similar.