Author Topic: Sad about WM situation  (Read 13745 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Sad about WM situation
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 04:56:44 pm »
Have you ever played against or as member of a full barrett team in a competitive match?

Unless the answer is yes, don't brag about insight k?
Feel Free to sign-up to the upcoming SCTFL season with a barret only team. I wish you the best of luck, but according to your posts you won't need it because no-one will beat a sniper only team.

ppl. on public servers play barret for the same reason as they play M79and Chainsaw.
They are rubbish.

There used to be good public players several years ago and there used to be good servers several years ago (can't really run a good server with the rubbish players mentioned above)

If you are sick of that you might join the IRC scene to play gathers and to participate in leagues (a place without rubbish players)

sctfl.net Soldat Capture the Flag League & Forum
IRC QuakeNet: #gather.eu (Eu Servers) #soldat.dba (NA Servers)
webchat.quakenet.org web based IRC client
mirc.com/get.html advanced IRC client as a download
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:03:03 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 05:21:28 pm »
in CTF you can get good k/d ratio with barrett but you will still lose, that's why it's ineffective if your point is to win the round (by win i mean getting the most caps). People use barrett in public servers because they can sit down on their asses with a barrett and keep getting kills with little risk, and they don't care if their team wins or not.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline jirow

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 05:26:10 pm »
I'm not a competent barretteer, don't have influence/friends/time to spare for that. I'm a casual soldat player nowadays, but around 4 or 5 years ago I used to play often, and barrett wasn't an issue. Also, the QQ in Brazilian TM servers because of NON-M79/BARRET users didn't exist back then. Nowadays, anyone that doesnt use either is a "nub".  Something happened, definitely.

Just get 2 good teams and run this test. I think one of the devs might be able to find and contact two suitable teams.
Record the game, post it in forums, evaluate, judge, rethink, read member's opinions and promote a proper change on barret.

As an old-days player I can say, killing with the barrett has never been so mindlessly easy...

Peace!

Offline jirow

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »
I partially agree with that.

But I still think seeing things in a PRACTICAL way would take barrett speculations to a higher level, and would provide insight of WHICH QUALITIES of the weapon should be changed to assure greater balance. Or even if it SHOULD be changed at all...

[]'s
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:32:33 pm by jirow »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:10 pm »
Have you ever played against or as member of a full barrett team in a competitive match?
Unless the answer is yes, don't brag about insight k?
By no means was I bragging, it's just that if you don't actually have an idea about the competitive side it's silly for you to claim such things.
There's a very simple reason for the mentioned strategy not being used in real competitive matches such as SCTFL/other tournaments. You don't see it played not because nobody has come up with the idea yet, but because it simply isn't a working, competent strategy on most maps.
And yeah, I've seen plenty of different strats executed during the eight-or-so years I've spent with the competitive side of the game.

Brazilian TM
The difference between DM and CTF is that in CTF you have an actual objective that you cannot complete by sitting behind corners and running away for the whole time. The barrett will, in skilled hands, always dominate 1vs1 and maybe even 2vs2 DM situations due to its nature and making it better balanced for DM would probably also make it useless for CTF. Other than that I cannot really say anything about the BRBR scene as I usually just get kicked when I try to join these servers. Probably because of my European ping but perhaps partly because I don't play by their rules and rush them with autos.

But I still think seeing things in a PRACTICAL way would take barrett speculations to a higher level, and would provide insight of WHICH QUALITIES of the weapon should be changed to assure
Maybe so but then again you should remember that usually it's one barrett per team at most, so the results you get from three barretts in the same team might be inaccurate due to the change of the team's playing style.

Offline jirow

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 07:00:11 pm »
Just get a brazilian team, and you might as well have FIVE barrets on one team, lol.
The other team should just play whatever style they like.

One not knowing what to expect of the other, can you imagine more "balance" than that?

And why shouldn't weapons also be balanced over DM? Shouldn't they actually be balanced for all gameplay modes?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:07:37 pm by jirow »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 02:46:11 am »
some servers have limits, like 2 barretts per team, it can be scripted, if it really bothers you i suggest you just script your servers like that
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline jirow

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:55 am »
If it takes limitation to balance, why not limit barrett on every game mode automatically? ;)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:30 am »
That's it: it does not take limitation to balance that particular gun, that is why there needs to be neither concern nor consideration in that. You don't see snipers in competitive games that much for a reason. People just don't know how to play against Barret in public servers.

Offline jirow

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 11:06:06 am »
Make a competitive 1v1 and prove me wrong, pls.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 12:18:30 pm »
Your understanding of 'competitive' is beyond my knowledge, but anyway! -- to clear things up: I was refering to competitive CTF matches, both 2v2 and 3v3.