Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 41345 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Quick Questions
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:12:45 am »
I found similar topic in other forum, and because i see loots of small questions, I thing this topic should fit here pretty good.

You have question/suggestion? Dev gonna say if its possible, if it "in the work" or gonna be implemented to game.

Idea is simple:
  • One question/suggestion per post.
  • ONLY DEVS CAN REPLY
  • No OffTopic discussions
  • NO DISCUSSIONS! OK?
  • Moderators will delete ALL post that aren't questions to devs

Its look like a bit weird idea, but this should clarify some basic knowledge of users.
Its better than discussion topic because there is question and then answer, so no offtopic talk or looking for answer in all sites of topic. Everything is in one place.

For example I'll start with first question:

Do you gonna change lobby, so number of players in servers will not count bots as a "players"?
Because for now when you load lobby, you get fake number of players currently playing in soldat and in individual servers.
For example when you load list and set to show servers with more players on top... it show empty servers with bots(mostly zombie servers).
Its a bit like lying about how many people currently play: now it show me that there is 175 players playing soldat but from this 175 only 75 are real players, rest 100 are bots that are in empty servers, and most of them have script that kick bots when there is more than 1 players on the server.

Its seems that is small trifle but its... well, a bit like lying :/ Bots should be counted separately.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:47:51 pm by Shoozza »

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
Re: Quick Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:11:41 am »
There's a filter which excludes/includes bots in lobby.

There are maybe 3 active zombie servers(if that). Only take this into account if you have time to spare. Admins using bots as 'fillers' when no one is playing have to realize most of the players(including me) have 'include bots' unchecked in filter settings. Also bots in their current state are pretty much useless nowadays.
That would exclude servers with 30 people and a single bot though, Bonecrusher.

I'll take a look at the player counter as it shouldn't be counting bots. Though I can't promise it'll be fixed in time for 1.6.7. Fixed in next 1.6.7 beta.

EDIT: Added quote to remove non dev replies from this thread
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:09:53 pm by Shoozza »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »
Will you guys make the Barrett m82 have a reload time ?
Yes it has a reload time I knew but its faster then the pistol reload really unrealistic and stupid.
Obviously it should have even longer reload then the AK or Steyr not shorter, cause you have 10 Instant kill bullets in it and a reload less then a second while ak and steyr can kill around 2-3 enemies and have longer reload time.
In some hand I understand that the reload in RL ainĀ“t too long but still not even the AKs or Steyrs is so long, It would simple be nice and balanced.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:54:57 am »
Will you guys make the Barrett m82 have a reload time ?
Yes it has a reload time I knew but its faster then the pistol reload really unrealistic and stupid.

It sounds as if you're playing on a modded server. All the weapons have an actual reload time of ReloadTime + FireInterval. For the default mod's Barrett, this is 70 + 225 = 295 ticks = 4.92 seconds. The Socom has 52 + 10 = 62 ticks = 1.03 seconds.

if it's working then, I got a question: am I right, chainsaw ammo is unlimited? I can't make it limited by modding? if yes then it was bad idea, it ruined modding!@#$

For now it's hard coded to be unlimited. Maybe I'll fix it for 1.6.8 or 1.7.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
For now it's hard coded to be unlimited. Maybe I'll fix it for 1.6.8 or 1.7.

I don't understand, I want chainsaw to have a limited amount of bullets, so we have to reload, now we don't have to because it is unlimited. What are you talking about?

PS I suggest to make this topic sticky
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:53:53 am by Drax »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 02:44:35 am »
Hello.

Is the switch to the AllegroGL planned for the next version (after 1.6.7)?

Thank you.

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 03:16:02 am »
I don't understand, I want chainsaw to have a limited amount of bullets, so we have to reload, now we don't have to because it is unlimited. What are you talking about?

No mod chainsaw today. Me fix next version. You happy.

FryFry is the only one who can give a decent estimate for when that's ready. I suppose you could ask him directly on IRC. Though Shoozza and me have informally agreed to make a Soldat release every few months. So if the Allegro junk isn't ready come summer, then we'll likely release an 1.6.8 without it.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 05:10:16 am »

My goal is 1.6.8. This may or may not happen.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »
Is there any plans to give Soldat a working anti-cheat again?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »
Now that the prone cancelling issue is being sorted out, will the shorter nade delay return?

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »
will we be able to make explosions longer? For example, instead of having only 16 explosions we can have like 25, so it looks better and more smoother in-game

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 02:36:21 am »
Is there any plans to give Soldat a working anti-cheat again?

Yes. Mr is still adding the final touches to it though.

Now that the prone cancelling issue is being sorted out, will the shorter nade delay return?

I don't see the connection between nade delay and prone canceling. The main reason nade delay was lengthened a sliver was because it was a bit too easy to nade yourself by throwing a nade with the weakest throw possible. Another reason was to make it less effective to "carpet bomb" someone below you with all your nades at once.

will we be able to make explosions longer? For example, instead of having only 16 explosions we can have like 25, so it looks better and more smoother in-game

Wait, do you want the explosions longer or smoother? I can do smoother easy. Though if I'm going to code this, I would preferably also want someone to send me a series longer than the current 16 so I can make it the new default.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 12:21:18 pm »
will something like this be able to be implemented?

(the kill console)
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38127.0

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 04:12:19 pm »
Sure, seems simple enough. Though what does the helmet in the kill console mean? no discussions (talk in the suggestion thread about it...)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:45:01 pm by Shoozza »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 02:57:02 am »
Code: [Select]
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats

Has something to do with wrong chmodes right?

Im chill like that

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:12 am »
Code: [Select]
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats

Has something to do with wrong chmodes right?

If you have writing permissions set to owner/group level on gamestat.txt and/or the logs directory, make sure the owner of both is the same as the user running soldatserver.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 04:43:54 am »
Will the standard interface/guns be changed?
To be honest I really don't care I can mod them but if someone downloads the first time soldat in life and sees this :
He wont even play it cause the most of todays players are cod and bf fanboys who want nice graphics and good looking weapons.
So why not use Soldat EVO ?
PS: Yes I like the weapon looks cause I paly soldat since many years so the weapons now should be in the mod folder at default
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:47:15 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 08:20:49 am »
Will the standard interface/guns be changed?

Sure. I could change it for the subsequent release after 1.6.7. Though I would need to figure out the legality of just taking a mod without the author's permission. Soldat Evolved does at first look seem like a great improvement, while retaining the classic Soldat style.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 10:30:51 am »
If you gonna use new weapons graphic, maybe you would consider using sounds from qb Mod?
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41845.0

As I checked in few free sound sites most of this sounds are free(beside its impossible to find author of sound).

In my opinion, and opinion of other users Soldat sound way better with them, especially:
HK MP5
AK-74
Styer AUG
Nades
Barrett

They sound more real, they have more low levels so its more pleasant to listen. here are this sounds:

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 11:21:46 am »
question/request.

can we have any of these made:

procedure StopSound
ends sound

procedure PauseSound
pause the sound at current point

procedure ContinueSound
continues a paused sound from where it was paused

procedure RestartSound
starts the sound from the beginning

just to let everyone know: there is PlaySound and it does work :)
so it would be nice to have all those extra onces

...Please...
Please don't PM me telling me to read your post (while also copy pasting it in the PM).

I think Falcon and ExHunter will have to reply if they want to implement this. I don't see a huge need for it atm, in the future maybe.

EDIT: Note this is not a discussion thread if you want to discuss things create one for the feature/suggestion etc.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:59:33 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod