Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 41357 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Quick Questions
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:12:45 am »
I found similar topic in other forum, and because i see loots of small questions, I thing this topic should fit here pretty good.

You have question/suggestion? Dev gonna say if its possible, if it "in the work" or gonna be implemented to game.

Idea is simple:
  • One question/suggestion per post.
  • ONLY DEVS CAN REPLY
  • No OffTopic discussions
  • NO DISCUSSIONS! OK?
  • Moderators will delete ALL post that aren't questions to devs

Its look like a bit weird idea, but this should clarify some basic knowledge of users.
Its better than discussion topic because there is question and then answer, so no offtopic talk or looking for answer in all sites of topic. Everything is in one place.

For example I'll start with first question:

Do you gonna change lobby, so number of players in servers will not count bots as a "players"?
Because for now when you load lobby, you get fake number of players currently playing in soldat and in individual servers.
For example when you load list and set to show servers with more players on top... it show empty servers with bots(mostly zombie servers).
Its a bit like lying about how many people currently play: now it show me that there is 175 players playing soldat but from this 175 only 75 are real players, rest 100 are bots that are in empty servers, and most of them have script that kick bots when there is more than 1 players on the server.

Its seems that is small trifle but its... well, a bit like lying :/ Bots should be counted separately.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:47:51 pm by Shoozza »

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
Re: Quick Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:11:41 am »
There's a filter which excludes/includes bots in lobby.

There are maybe 3 active zombie servers(if that). Only take this into account if you have time to spare. Admins using bots as 'fillers' when no one is playing have to realize most of the players(including me) have 'include bots' unchecked in filter settings. Also bots in their current state are pretty much useless nowadays.
That would exclude servers with 30 people and a single bot though, Bonecrusher.

I'll take a look at the player counter as it shouldn't be counting bots. Though I can't promise it'll be fixed in time for 1.6.7. Fixed in next 1.6.7 beta.

EDIT: Added quote to remove non dev replies from this thread
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:09:53 pm by Shoozza »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »
Will you guys make the Barrett m82 have a reload time ?
Yes it has a reload time I knew but its faster then the pistol reload really unrealistic and stupid.
Obviously it should have even longer reload then the AK or Steyr not shorter, cause you have 10 Instant kill bullets in it and a reload less then a second while ak and steyr can kill around 2-3 enemies and have longer reload time.
In some hand I understand that the reload in RL ainĀ“t too long but still not even the AKs or Steyrs is so long, It would simple be nice and balanced.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:54:57 am »
Will you guys make the Barrett m82 have a reload time ?
Yes it has a reload time I knew but its faster then the pistol reload really unrealistic and stupid.

It sounds as if you're playing on a modded server. All the weapons have an actual reload time of ReloadTime + FireInterval. For the default mod's Barrett, this is 70 + 225 = 295 ticks = 4.92 seconds. The Socom has 52 + 10 = 62 ticks = 1.03 seconds.

if it's working then, I got a question: am I right, chainsaw ammo is unlimited? I can't make it limited by modding? if yes then it was bad idea, it ruined modding!@#$

For now it's hard coded to be unlimited. Maybe I'll fix it for 1.6.8 or 1.7.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
For now it's hard coded to be unlimited. Maybe I'll fix it for 1.6.8 or 1.7.

I don't understand, I want chainsaw to have a limited amount of bullets, so we have to reload, now we don't have to because it is unlimited. What are you talking about?

PS I suggest to make this topic sticky
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:53:53 am by Drax »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 02:44:35 am »
Hello.

Is the switch to the AllegroGL planned for the next version (after 1.6.7)?

Thank you.

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 03:16:02 am »
I don't understand, I want chainsaw to have a limited amount of bullets, so we have to reload, now we don't have to because it is unlimited. What are you talking about?

No mod chainsaw today. Me fix next version. You happy.

FryFry is the only one who can give a decent estimate for when that's ready. I suppose you could ask him directly on IRC. Though Shoozza and me have informally agreed to make a Soldat release every few months. So if the Allegro junk isn't ready come summer, then we'll likely release an 1.6.8 without it.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 05:10:16 am »

My goal is 1.6.8. This may or may not happen.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »
Is there any plans to give Soldat a working anti-cheat again?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »
Now that the prone cancelling issue is being sorted out, will the shorter nade delay return?

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »
will we be able to make explosions longer? For example, instead of having only 16 explosions we can have like 25, so it looks better and more smoother in-game

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 02:36:21 am »
Is there any plans to give Soldat a working anti-cheat again?

Yes. Mr is still adding the final touches to it though.

Now that the prone cancelling issue is being sorted out, will the shorter nade delay return?

I don't see the connection between nade delay and prone canceling. The main reason nade delay was lengthened a sliver was because it was a bit too easy to nade yourself by throwing a nade with the weakest throw possible. Another reason was to make it less effective to "carpet bomb" someone below you with all your nades at once.

will we be able to make explosions longer? For example, instead of having only 16 explosions we can have like 25, so it looks better and more smoother in-game

Wait, do you want the explosions longer or smoother? I can do smoother easy. Though if I'm going to code this, I would preferably also want someone to send me a series longer than the current 16 so I can make it the new default.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 12:21:18 pm »
will something like this be able to be implemented?

(the kill console)
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38127.0

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 04:12:19 pm »
Sure, seems simple enough. Though what does the helmet in the kill console mean? no discussions (talk in the suggestion thread about it...)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:45:01 pm by Shoozza »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 02:57:02 am »
Code: [Select]
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats

Has something to do with wrong chmodes right?

Im chill like that

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:12 am »
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats
Error writing Gamestats

Has something to do with wrong chmodes right?

If you have writing permissions set to owner/group level on gamestat.txt and/or the logs directory, make sure the owner of both is the same as the user running soldatserver.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 04:43:54 am »
Will the standard interface/guns be changed?
To be honest I really don't care I can mod them but if someone downloads the first time soldat in life and sees this :
He wont even play it cause the most of todays players are cod and bf fanboys who want nice graphics and good looking weapons.
So why not use Soldat EVO ?
PS: Yes I like the weapon looks cause I paly soldat since many years so the weapons now should be in the mod folder at default
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:47:15 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 08:20:49 am »
Will the standard interface/guns be changed?

Sure. I could change it for the subsequent release after 1.6.7. Though I would need to figure out the legality of just taking a mod without the author's permission. Soldat Evolved does at first look seem like a great improvement, while retaining the classic Soldat style.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 10:30:51 am »
If you gonna use new weapons graphic, maybe you would consider using sounds from qb Mod?
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41845.0

As I checked in few free sound sites most of this sounds are free(beside its impossible to find author of sound).

In my opinion, and opinion of other users Soldat sound way better with them, especially:
HK MP5
AK-74
Styer AUG
Nades
Barrett

They sound more real, they have more low levels so its more pleasant to listen. here are this sounds:

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 11:21:46 am »
question/request.

can we have any of these made:

procedure StopSound
ends sound

procedure PauseSound
pause the sound at current point

procedure ContinueSound
continues a paused sound from where it was paused

procedure RestartSound
starts the sound from the beginning

just to let everyone know: there is PlaySound and it does work :)
so it would be nice to have all those extra onces

...Please...
Please don't PM me telling me to read your post (while also copy pasting it in the PM).

I think Falcon and ExHunter will have to reply if they want to implement this. I don't see a huge need for it atm, in the future maybe.

EDIT: Note this is not a discussion thread if you want to discuss things create one for the feature/suggestion etc.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:59:33 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 11:02:55 am »
Do you plan to release final version of Soldat 1.6.7 before May?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 06:33:51 am »
Now, when you click any server in the lobby ist it refresh Ping tab. It would be possible to refresh also number of players on this server? So you don't need to refresh all lobby to check it?

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 07:57:04 am »
Do you plan to release final version of Soldat 1.6.7 before May?
I actually planned to release it yesterday. Then after that didn't work out I wanted to release it today but it seems like that will not work out. I hope I can release it tomorrow. I don't want to rage here but I'm really frustrated about the bottlenecks I cannot do anything about and I want to release asap but that is only possible on weekends as it is the only time I have access to my Mac for the Linux build.

Now, when you click any server in the lobby ist it refresh Ping tab. It would be possible to refresh also number of players on this server? So you don't need to refresh all lobby to check it?
That would require single server request support. It would be possible but not as easy at it seems.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:59:01 am by Shoozza »
Rules

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 03:38:02 pm »
How is polybug fixing coming along and is it coming along at all? I'd really like to see the days of having to overlap polys finally end, so we can just start connecting polys properly and not worry about polybugs.

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 03:59:07 am »
There hasn't been a real attempt at fixing that once and for all. I think the main reason is because we suspect that it would affect other aspects of how we interact with polys, such as skip jumping up a hill of varying inclines.

Though everyone already hates me, so maybe I'll look into it for 1.6.8.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 04:16:24 am »
This is from 1.6.4 changelog :

- Added InheritedVelocity WM attribute which controls how much of the player's velocity the projectile inherits

Here's my question: Is this really a new WM attribute or was it has always been there even before 1.6.4 (and 1.6.4 just made it visible + moddable) ...?  ???
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 07:31:54 am »
It was made moddable in 1.6.4. Prior to that the values were hard coded into the game.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 09:02:50 am »
It was made moddable in 1.6.4. Prior to that the values were hard coded into the game.

Thanks for your answer.  :)

I assumed the current default value were the same as before it was made moddable...  Yes?
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 01:10:39 pm »
Yup

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 02:20:33 pm »
What is the current state of the build in anti cheat or about MSAC?
Is there actually a build in anti cheat under progress ?
I'm sure you are tired of anti-cheat questions but I've never seen a real statement about it yet (just the Duke Nukem Forever 'soon' things  [retard])

'I'll be back!
Mologie Anti-Cheat will soon be relaunched for Soldat 1.6, stay tuned...
'

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:24:25 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 03:11:07 am »
There should be one in the release after 1.6.7.
If there is a problem it might take one version longer.
The msac part is done and needs to be integrated into soldat.
Rules

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 06:30:09 am »
Erm... Can anyone explain to me why MovementAcc of every gun got doubled after 1.6.5?  :-\

Did I miss something here...?  ???

Make sense...

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 08:19:17 am »
It got doubled in the .ini files to get more fine grained control. So a weapon with MovementAcc=6 in 1.6.6 is the same as MovementAcc=3 in 1.6.5.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »
Since when did anything except 1-hit kill weapon got their effective range (i.e. not having damage greatly reduced) limited to ~39-41m?

And weirdly, why does it that some gun retain its effective range longer than the other? ... Ruger, for instance, has lower effective range than Minimi and Steyr, or even a fucking DEagle for crying out loud...   >:(

... If anyone going to answer me that this was implemented in 1.3.1 ... Here's quoting the changelog:

- Modified all weapons bullets (except Barret, M79 and LAW) lose power after long distance (1 or more screens, to prevent blind spraying)

Yet in 1.3.1 you can kill with 2 headshot from Ruger at range of your maximum aiming range, or more than 40+ metre, now you need at least 4 headshot to do the same even if you modified the WM to have more dmg than in 1.3.1. So obviously this change ain't the one that cause it.

Oh dear... This shit ain't looking good.  :-\

EDIT::

I think i found the answer myself... (1.4.0)

- Modified bullets (except Barret, M79, LAW, Knife) lose 50% of power after screen distance and another 50% after 2 screens

"lose 50% of power after screen distance" ... Nope.  :(

Still, why does some gun have slightly longer range than the other anyway? And for soldat sakes, how the hell did ruger ended up being one of, if not the shortest, effective range among all the non 1-shot gun? ... Out of spite?  :-[ 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:29:45 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 06:58:13 am »
For now main texture format is bmp, it can support without a problem textures up to even 1600x1600px(tried bigger but sometimes I get errors in PW) of course no one gonna use such big textures but bmp is totally crap in terms of file size, for example the same png file(1024x600) take less than 300KB when bmp take more than 1.4MB but PW/Soldat have problems with png textures file even with 700x700(random errors in PW or weird bugs in Soldat)

So my question: it would be possible to work on it so Soldat/PW would have better support for png format in textures? 

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2014, 07:03:34 am »
So my question: it would be possible to work on it so Soldat/PW would have better support for png format in textures? 

What about other formats? Does Soldat barf in the same way with jpeg? (afaik they're supported and blue ninja used them to put big titted catgirls in his porn maps)

And what about Targa (.tga) which is/was frequently used for games? @Shoozza: what about tga?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:45:57 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2014, 02:00:21 pm »
Soldat supports BMP, PNG, JPG, TGA, sometimes GIF, as well as some other file formats that are more obscure and raw. My favorite cursor (which you can see in the 1.6.7 release post's GIFs) happens to be TGA.

Akinaro: If JPG doesn't cut it for you, have you tried splitting up your huge images into smaller ones and placing them together in PW?

Still, why does some gun have slightly longer range than the other anyway? And for soldat sakes, how the hell did ruger ended up being one of, if not the shortest, effective range among all the non 1-shot gun? ... Out of spite?  :-[ 

Ruger wasn't meant to be effective at ranges over a screen away. Neither were the other weapons. Ruger has also been meticulously balanced to ensure a rough split between 2-hit- and 3-hit kills, so that 2-hit kills would almost require the shooter to either be shooting from at most mid-range, hitting the head, or imparting a lot of extra speed into the bullet through inheriting the player's velocity.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »
Im talking about textures, not sceneries, sceneries work good. Problem is with textures format. Polyworks and soldat have problems with Png and jpg format. Once pw give random errors when saving map with png texture, sometimes soldat doesnt load map because it have png format... I didnt tried tga because i through that its too much for soldat and just like the jpg its "support" it but only ""sometimes"" and with weird bugs... :P

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »
Ah, then I'm not sure what's causing your issues. I quickly tested ctf_Laos with a 2000x2000 texture in PW and Soldat, and it seemed to work. Maybe your GPU just dislikes non-binary sized textures? Try using textures that are in power-of-two, e.g. 1024x512, 2048x2048, and so on.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 05:40:40 am »
Ruger wasn't meant to be effective at ranges over a screen away. Neither were the other weapons. Ruger has also been meticulously balanced to ensure a rough split between 2-hit- and 3-hit kills, so that 2-hit kills would almost require the shooter to either be shooting from at most mid-range, hitting the head, or imparting a lot of extra speed into the bullet through inheriting the player's velocity.

You didn't answer my question...  ::)

This has nothing to do with WM. The current dmg reduction mechanism is broken; it reduced dmg within a screen distant, and this mechanism, for some reason, kicks in at different range on different gun, with semis being shorter than most autos. That's why some gun, like ruger, is fucking pointless to use; the "community", including you, have the fetish for the rushing, zoom zoom bang bang play style and despise everything else and they made the game to be just that.

... Oh well, whatever. Just fix this mechanism to actually work as it stated purpose; it's a reasonable request...  :|
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:47:35 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

Ah, then I'm not sure what's causing your issues. I quickly tested ctf_Laos with a 2000x2000 texture in PW and Soldat, and it seemed to work. Maybe your GPU just dislikes non-binary sized textures? Try using textures that are in power-of-two, e.g. 1024x512, 2048x2048, and so on.

its not size problem... I write in in first question...
(...)but PW/Soldat have problems with png textures file even with 700x700(random errors in PW or weird bugs in Soldat).

i get random error, and after that PW crash or Soldat dont see this textures..

so what if its support it if Soldat and PW have huge problems with it? this error I get after selecting 1024x600 png file...
PS. I thing we should end this conversation here, because its against the rules of this topic.
after I check tga and jpg files I create new topic about it.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2014, 07:37:21 am »
Will you unlock the maps without the "ctf_" prefix to be shown on the list in SP mode? Atm. you can't play them, even if they have flags and team spawns :C

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 07:45:04 am »
What's SP mode?

If you want to force certain maps to be played, I think you can edit maplist.txt in the Soldat folder, or mid-game run the command "/loadlist maplist.txt"

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 08:00:13 am »
Single Player :] <lol>

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 11:53:24 am »
Wow, I just noticed this...  :o

Why is it that bullet impact point seem to be at the end of the bullet graphic (or, maybe, the beginning of bullet trail?) instead of at the front like what we intuitively think how it should be? ... This would explains some of the weird "Why da fuq won't u just die!" moment I encountered online.

This doesn't seem to be something that happened recently and is always like this; made me curious of what the reason behind it.  ::)

EDIT::

After a bit more  testing...

The impact point of bullets, at least the one with 21 pixel width, is not actually at the back as I previously said it is, but certainly isn't at the front either and is somewhere around the mid-point... And after more testing with a modified bullet graphic that have the bullet 'mass' moved further back for a varying distances, I think I can answer my own question nowā€” since most of the bullet in this game is not a 'point' bullet but rather more like an arrow, so if the impact point of the bullet were to be at the front of the bullet without any headroom, the bullet will seem to disappear rather abruptly and lack the 'the bullet has penetrated and sunk into the target' feels to it, and occasionally may even seem to disappear before it actually hit at some angle of impact and this is probably due to the limitation of the game graphic engine and hence necessitate some headroom in the bullet graphic as a safeguard against this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:25:32 pm by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 12:56:43 am »
I think MM tested that with real weapons and he obviously found out that the real damage takes affect when the bullet goes through your body and not when getting in first contact with it.

Enough trolling from my side for the next 4 years :-X
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 11:40:10 am »
Whens the next dev log?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »
Oh yeah, devlogs. I blame nice weather and Mario Kart 8 for the lack of major progress. :d

I'll have a lot more spare time the coming weeks though, so hopefully the devlogs will be more frequent again.

BKT: I don't really know. The player collision check basically draws a straight line between where the bullet currently is and where it would be in the next frame, and checks for any collisions. The bullet rendering is probably the main source of deceitful representation though as it has to account for texture size, bullet speed and lag... and it's mostly coded by MM so it's guaranteed to be glitchy.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »
I think MM tested that with real weapons and he obviously found out that the real damage takes affect when the bullet goes through your body and not when getting in first contact with it.

Enough trolling from my side for the next 4 years :-X

Oh you...  ::)

BKT: I don't really know. The player collision check basically draws a straight line between where the bullet currently is and where it would be in the next frame, and checks for any collisions. The bullet rendering is probably the main source of deceitful representation though as it has to account for texture size, bullet speed and lag... and it's mostly coded by MM so it's guaranteed to be glitchy.

Thanks for your input; any insight into how the hit detection work is always appreciated.  :)

BTW, could you enlighten me on how bullet able to register (i.e. hit people) through obstacle in some situation (from above, your shot can hit people who jetting right beneath the bridge in DM_Jungle, for instance) ... ?  ???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:21:50 pm by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:55 pm »
Well that bridge does have three places where bullets can pass through. It's probably that.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »
Well, more like this (Ruger vs Boogieman) :

Make sense...

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 08:08:02 am »
::Double post::  :P

There are some pub servers that, whenever I ping it from either the in-game lobby or from pinging it outside of the game, I got a relatively high ping, but when I actually join in the game, my ping (as shown in the scoreboard/alt+F3) became significantly lower* somehow... Yet, it doesn't felt at all like I actually played with the lower ping but more like I still playing with the higher ping...

Anyone feels like explaining to me what's going on?  ???

* I'm talking about ~40-50 lower ping here, so this certainly is not about the usual "Soldat use/shows a bogus ping instead of a real one" issue here...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:09:44 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 11:03:50 am »
Soldat server ping is... weird. I the server can fake ingame pings (don't ask) it could be that the pings are not the same for some reason (or someone fakes ingame ping - but that's a rare case) so if you have details on the exact ping you get outside and ingame add some info to the bugtracker (or create a new bugreport if its not there already)
Rules

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 01:43:43 am »
The server in question is "! #Soldat2D.ru Pub DM" server:

Using ping tool:

Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=303ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=300ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=301ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=302ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=299ms TTL=51

In-game lobby: 297-313 ms

As shown once joined the game: 250-266 ms

One of the most noticeable weird thing on this server is that the respawn countdown timer consistently act in a strange way; it kept 'rollback' the clock as if the game try to compensate for the bogus lower ping or something.

Kinda like this (-0.1 second per interval) :ā€”

... and so fort until 0.0

AFAIK no other server I've played thus far had this sort of behavior.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:47:23 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2015, 01:19:29 am »
Will you make new HD Icon.exe for soldat 1.7.0 ???

you could cut out the guy from this picture and make something good out of it.  ;)

Any new weapons for soldat 1.7.0 like bow or crossbow to primary list ???

if you guys have already answered these questions somewhere I am sorry for asking again...

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:39:01 am by Drax »

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »
Maybe someone will make a HD icon for 1.7.0, but it is not high priority.

There will be no new weapons for 1.7.0. Nobody is working on that and it isn't planned.
Rules

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »
@Shoozza sorry for making it a discussion but what if I would work on new weapons? Come on!
For soo many years soldat didn't get new weapons! >:( :'(

I have already done some good work on making 2 new weapons!
here: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44064.0

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2015, 03:28:42 pm »
Sorry but I cannot even balance the current weapons atm.
I appreciate your work on the new weapons but it is pretty low on our list.
There is a lot to do before we can think about it.
Rules

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2015, 02:26:33 pm »
How about you guys add "In-game cursor changer"? It would be an option next to interface changer in game, but except for name it would also display little icon of chosen cursor. I suggest to make a separate folder for cursors. I could make such folder with many different cursors.

how do you like that Shoozza ??

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2016, 01:58:01 pm »
I'd like to avoid too much options so no not atm. Maybe in the future but honestly just create a mod with a different cursor and all the same graphics and you have your switcher.
Rules

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2016, 08:13:20 pm »
what can players expect in next soldat version?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »
Most likely tweaks and fixes to whatever was wrong with v1.7.0.
Also more HD graphics and probably a few map remakes.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 02:41:09 am »
only devs can reply here, so don't spam guys...

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2016, 11:35:08 am »
Most likely tweaks and fixes to whatever was wrong with v1.7.0.
Also more HD graphics and probably a few map remakes.
Rules

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 03:48:37 am »
I am sorry for starting a little discussion here, but could you add significant thing? like 2 new weapons ???

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 03:52:17 am »
I'd prefer not to add weapons at this time, they require rebalancing which nobody in the team does atm (besides touching hundreds of lines of code for little benefit).
Sorry.
Rules

Offline Home

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 08:33:34 am »
I think maybe you could add a new weapon in the future without touching too much code (or any code at all) by making the Minigun a whole new weapon. It is usually disabled anyway on most servers and doesn't really fit into the Soldat play. Someone mentioned it if I remember right, you could put Minigun into Rambo bow mode or something or just delete it.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2018, 07:18:14 pm »
I am planning to run a server and make server display vent info for my server so people can have possibility to have voice chat, but I was wandering and I would like to ask if devs will ever make soldat voice chat as default feature?

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 03:47:16 pm »
I am planning to run a server and make server display vent info for my server so people can have possibility to have voice chat, but I was wandering and I would like to ask if devs will ever make soldat voice chat as default feature?
Nowadays, in-game voice chats die in favour of separate solutions like Discords etc.

Also, Soldat is supposed to be released on Steam. I believe it has some voice chat feature implemented so I doubt there's gonna be any effort done in order to provide a dedicated solution for Soldat only.

Besides that... Ventrilo? Rly? Who uses this? TeamSpeak already kinda died because of Discord while Vent was killed by TS as far as I remember.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 04:16:25 pm »
Besides that... Ventrilo? Rly? Who uses this? TeamSpeak already kinda died because of Discord while Vent was killed by TS as far as I remember.

Vent and TS used to be king years and years ago. I feel like adding built in chat to Soldat is feature bloat and much better suited by an external app such as Discord.
There are other worlds than these

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2018, 02:58:55 pm »
Can someone make a list of Soldat clans that are still active? I already know that there are : TF, ABC, Rezz(? that Perm's clan xd), bp., Uniforce and r| .
First of all, what do you understand as "an active clan"? Does a single player with a clantag playing on publics count as an active clan? I don't think so. So you should rather think of clans those frequently enough play some clan wars (like once a week - sounds active enough) or participe in leagues (these are quite rare recently because there are not enough of interested people).

To sum up, I don't think anyone has such list stored anywhere so you gotta make it yourself and still such list won't be 100% accurate.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:40 am »
And clan wars or leagues doesn't matter to this list, I'm interested in those who play on servers, not only those damned gathers.

Well, for now I didn't encounter more active clans besides those that I already listed.
The public server is not the most competitive environment this game has to offer. If you want to play with good players try to join gathers that are being played daily at Discord, that's the Discord where most mixes/games get organized.

There's no real benefit to joining or not joining a clan, it's just a cosmetic thing currently. If you are looking for people to play with, joining their clan is just a bonus. However, there's much more than that. Keep an eye on the official SCTFL's competitive section. Try to participate in tournaments like Capture the Player. You can find there clans and streams of matches to see how to progress as a player.

Put harshly, a competitve clan for a player that only plays public matches isn't that good. If you really want to get into the competitive side as a brand new player, and your not a top player from another game, it sucks but you're probably going to have to grind out those "damned gathers" and show that you can be a stand out player. A lot of teams strictly come from people playing with each other a lot in gathers. With the steam release we'll get bigger and the whole process of getting into the clan will become easier, but for now, gathers are the only way to go.

Of course, there are plenty of 'casual' clans where being competitive isn't the focus. Find out that suits you and go for it. Only join a clan if you like the people in it. Play with them for a couple of hours or so and get to know them and see if they fit your personality and such. However, i still do believe that getting better at this game is much more fun than casual play, and i think that in the long run you'll be more satisfied in playing in a competitive environment. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:19:41 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2018, 04:06:04 pm »
Does anyone has scripts for 1v1 server or is willing to make them? I'm looking for it for guy .l. (on forum nick is WerIsh) for a bigger project.

SOLVED
If you found that script then you could have posted that one here so someone in future doesn't have to ask the same question again. It's a StackOverFlow good practice where people answer to their own questions if they had found a solution on their own.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:38 am »
Does anyone has scripts for 1v1 server or is willing to make them? I'm looking for it for guy .l. (on forum nick is WerIsh) for a bigger project.

SOLVED
If you found that script then you could have posted that one here so someone in future doesn't have to ask the same question again. It's a StackOverFlow good practice where people answer to their own questions if they had found a solution on their own.

Well, scripts weren't just found somewhere, they were ordered and gonna pay for them. About sharing them, I can't decide about it on my own, so I'm sorry, but can't do it. Maybe later on we gonna share them to public. :)

Any chances of getting contacts of this private scripting group?

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2019, 10:26:12 am »
Could TTW be made an official game mode?