Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 41352 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: Quick Questions
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

Ah, then I'm not sure what's causing your issues. I quickly tested ctf_Laos with a 2000x2000 texture in PW and Soldat, and it seemed to work. Maybe your GPU just dislikes non-binary sized textures? Try using textures that are in power-of-two, e.g. 1024x512, 2048x2048, and so on.

its not size problem... I write in in first question...
(...)but PW/Soldat have problems with png textures file even with 700x700(random errors in PW or weird bugs in Soldat).

i get random error, and after that PW crash or Soldat dont see this textures..

so what if its support it if Soldat and PW have huge problems with it? this error I get after selecting 1024x600 png file...
PS. I thing we should end this conversation here, because its against the rules of this topic.
after I check tga and jpg files I create new topic about it.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2014, 07:37:21 am »
Will you unlock the maps without the "ctf_" prefix to be shown on the list in SP mode? Atm. you can't play them, even if they have flags and team spawns :C

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 07:45:04 am »
What's SP mode?

If you want to force certain maps to be played, I think you can edit maplist.txt in the Soldat folder, or mid-game run the command "/loadlist maplist.txt"

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 08:00:13 am »
Single Player :] <lol>

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 11:53:24 am »
Wow, I just noticed this...  :o

Why is it that bullet impact point seem to be at the end of the bullet graphic (or, maybe, the beginning of bullet trail?) instead of at the front like what we intuitively think how it should be? ... This would explains some of the weird "Why da fuq won't u just die!" moment I encountered online.

This doesn't seem to be something that happened recently and is always like this; made me curious of what the reason behind it.  ::)

EDIT::

After a bit more  testing...

The impact point of bullets, at least the one with 21 pixel width, is not actually at the back as I previously said it is, but certainly isn't at the front either and is somewhere around the mid-point... And after more testing with a modified bullet graphic that have the bullet 'mass' moved further back for a varying distances, I think I can answer my own question now— since most of the bullet in this game is not a 'point' bullet but rather more like an arrow, so if the impact point of the bullet were to be at the front of the bullet without any headroom, the bullet will seem to disappear rather abruptly and lack the 'the bullet has penetrated and sunk into the target' feels to it, and occasionally may even seem to disappear before it actually hit at some angle of impact and this is probably due to the limitation of the game graphic engine and hence necessitate some headroom in the bullet graphic as a safeguard against this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:25:32 pm by BKT »
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 12:56:43 am »
I think MM tested that with real weapons and he obviously found out that the real damage takes affect when the bullet goes through your body and not when getting in first contact with it.

Enough trolling from my side for the next 4 years :-X
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 11:40:10 am »
Whens the next dev log?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »
Oh yeah, devlogs. I blame nice weather and Mario Kart 8 for the lack of major progress. :d

I'll have a lot more spare time the coming weeks though, so hopefully the devlogs will be more frequent again.

BKT: I don't really know. The player collision check basically draws a straight line between where the bullet currently is and where it would be in the next frame, and checks for any collisions. The bullet rendering is probably the main source of deceitful representation though as it has to account for texture size, bullet speed and lag... and it's mostly coded by MM so it's guaranteed to be glitchy.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »
I think MM tested that with real weapons and he obviously found out that the real damage takes affect when the bullet goes through your body and not when getting in first contact with it.

Enough trolling from my side for the next 4 years :-X

Oh you...  ::)

BKT: I don't really know. The player collision check basically draws a straight line between where the bullet currently is and where it would be in the next frame, and checks for any collisions. The bullet rendering is probably the main source of deceitful representation though as it has to account for texture size, bullet speed and lag... and it's mostly coded by MM so it's guaranteed to be glitchy.

Thanks for your input; any insight into how the hit detection work is always appreciated.  :)

BTW, could you enlighten me on how bullet able to register (i.e. hit people) through obstacle in some situation (from above, your shot can hit people who jetting right beneath the bridge in DM_Jungle, for instance) ... ?  ???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:21:50 pm by BKT »
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:55 pm »
Well that bridge does have three places where bullets can pass through. It's probably that.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »
Well, more like this (Ruger vs Boogieman) :

Make sense...

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 08:08:02 am »
::Double post::  :P

There are some pub servers that, whenever I ping it from either the in-game lobby or from pinging it outside of the game, I got a relatively high ping, but when I actually join in the game, my ping (as shown in the scoreboard/alt+F3) became significantly lower* somehow... Yet, it doesn't felt at all like I actually played with the lower ping but more like I still playing with the higher ping...

Anyone feels like explaining to me what's going on?  ???

* I'm talking about ~40-50 lower ping here, so this certainly is not about the usual "Soldat use/shows a bogus ping instead of a real one" issue here...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:09:44 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 11:03:50 am »
Soldat server ping is... weird. I the server can fake ingame pings (don't ask) it could be that the pings are not the same for some reason (or someone fakes ingame ping - but that's a rare case) so if you have details on the exact ping you get outside and ingame add some info to the bugtracker (or create a new bugreport if its not there already)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 01:43:43 am »
The server in question is "! #Soldat2D.ru Pub DM" server:

Using ping tool:

Code: [Select]
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=303ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=300ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=301ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=302ms TTL=51
Pinging [88.151.116.65] with 32 bytes ->bytes=32 time=299ms TTL=51

In-game lobby: 297-313 ms

As shown once joined the game: 250-266 ms

One of the most noticeable weird thing on this server is that the respawn countdown timer consistently act in a strange way; it kept 'rollback' the clock as if the game try to compensate for the bogus lower ping or something.

Kinda like this (-0.1 second per interval) :—

... and so fort until 0.0

AFAIK no other server I've played thus far had this sort of behavior.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:47:23 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2015, 01:19:29 am »
Will you make new HD Icon.exe for soldat 1.7.0 ???

you could cut out the guy from this picture and make something good out of it.  ;)

Any new weapons for soldat 1.7.0 like bow or crossbow to primary list ???

if you guys have already answered these questions somewhere I am sorry for asking again...

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:39:01 am by Drax »

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »
Maybe someone will make a HD icon for 1.7.0, but it is not high priority.

There will be no new weapons for 1.7.0. Nobody is working on that and it isn't planned.
Rules

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »
@Shoozza sorry for making it a discussion but what if I would work on new weapons? Come on!
For soo many years soldat didn't get new weapons! >:( :'(

I have already done some good work on making 2 new weapons!
here: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44064.0

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2015, 03:28:42 pm »
Sorry but I cannot even balance the current weapons atm.
I appreciate your work on the new weapons but it is pretty low on our list.
There is a lot to do before we can think about it.
Rules

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2015, 02:26:33 pm »
How about you guys add "In-game cursor changer"? It would be an option next to interface changer in game, but except for name it would also display little icon of chosen cursor. I suggest to make a separate folder for cursors. I could make such folder with many different cursors.

how do you like that Shoozza ??

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2016, 01:58:01 pm »
I'd like to avoid too much options so no not atm. Maybe in the future but honestly just create a mod with a different cursor and all the same graphics and you have your switcher.
Rules