Author Topic: Weird Graphic Bug  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Weird Graphic Bug
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:10:58 pm »
I'm currently optimizing my ctf_Ash Remake, so its gonna be smaller in size.
Everything went good(from 1.8MB to 1.2MB and 70% less polygons) but I found weird bug when I checked how its look in game:

I saw this before when I was using huge images(more than 1400x800) but this black bug show up when I used this graphic:

I tried converting it few times,
I tried indexed version(64 and 128 colors),
Even PNGPlugin doesn't work (even if it changed size from 7.13KB to 5.9KB).

Currently new version of my map have 170 Polygons and 93(36) sceneries, and it have 4300x2300 dimension.

Any Ideas what causing this "black bug"?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:12:41 pm by Akinaro »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
Re: Weird Graphic Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:07:15 pm »
Very nice map , Have you tried deleting that part and remaking it ?

Also It looks to me like you used Black Polygons(Back) and Scenery in front of them. Is it possible that you forget to put the scenery in front on poly ? Just guessing cause the black part looks so perfectly "cut", Dunno why it happens :/
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:29:34 pm »
Building doesnt have any polygons here.
I tried remade this graphic and convert it as I write before, Nothing...

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 05:05:39 pm »
A map download for this would be helpful. It's kinda hard to figure a problem like this out just by looking at screenshots.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:58:45 am »
OK here its is.
It's still in the work, Still dont have most of small sceneries, but they gonna be from default maps.

My point of remade my version of Ash from this topic is to make it smaller at all cost.

I managed to change it from 1.78MB to 780KB by merging all main graphic and resize them and use PNGOUT app to reduce size of every graphic.

I spend almost 2 days checking different combinations of merging graphic and current one is best I could make without decreasing quality(even now its suck a bit) and now only this bug block me from putting rest of sceneries :/

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 07:18:55 am »
It looks totally fine on my screen. Try deleting everything (map/sceneries/map in PW folder) and then download your rar and see the results?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 07:36:45 am »
Still the same, if more people could confirm this(that they dont see it) its gonna be fault of my PC settings :/
But its would be weird because I didnt had that problem before, except for using huge graphic(more than 1400x800 with alpha channel)

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 08:17:02 am »
It looks totally fine on my screen.
Classic banana

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 08:21:02 am »
F#ck :/

So its mean that Its my netbook IntelGMA :/
But why the hell I didnt saw this before? Intel Graphic suck, everyone know that but its run Stalker without sweat so why the hell I have this bug now :/

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 08:22:41 am »
If you have 2 versions of soldat, check on both?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 08:24:37 am »
1.6.6 and 1.6.7b1.
I'm playing with different setting of my graphic and soldat settings, and still the same.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 09:14:07 am »
It works fine for me too, so I'm guessing it is your graphics memory causing it then. Changing the format of that specific bugged scenery probably won't do anything at all, since everything is converted to one of two preset formats internally in the game anyway (images with alpha, images with key color).

The only solution I can think of if low graphics memory is the problem would be lowering the dimensions of those other huge sceneries. Also, this maybe goes against what you're trying to achieve, but try cutting Akinaro_ash_main_MEDIUM in half, and only keeping one Akinaro_wall, using smaller sceneries for the differences on each side of the map.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:54 am »
Good idea, in the next update of map I'm gonna change it.

Beside I tried different size and merging of all graphic but I still get this bug, but in different places.
For example here is version where all graphic are separate, I dont get black box in the place like i posted in first post but here...

When I repair my pc(currently im on netbook) I'll check it again because i have there integrated intel graphic and normal radeon, maybe its problem with intel graphic settings...