Author Topic: /victory fix...??  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
/victory fix...??
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »
We can't use this command: /victory while being in motion, right? can you guys change it? so we can use it anytime??
off topic question... can we mod berserk adds, and predator bonus?

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: /victory fix...??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:51:14 pm »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »
post it here
Well, it's not so much a question as it's also a suggestion, so I think it belongs in this section.

It would be nice to have /victory activatable on-the-move. Obviously the animation shouldn't play if the player is moving but it would be fun if at least the /victory sound played. For example, while running at your opponent with a chainsaw or after blowing him up to bits. :P

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:45 pm »
I would like a dev to post an answer to this topic question/suggestion...

wait, does victory sound is heard by all players when used online or it's just you that hear it?

Obviously the animation shouldn't play if the player is moving

unless they don't have a weapon right? :D

and you guys missed this:
off topic question... can we mod berserk adds, and predator bonus

another thing is, rules say we shouldn't post list of suggestions.... so if have another suggestion, should I make more topics? doesn't matter how many suggestions I have, I can still post them? because this part of forum is called suggestions sooo?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:57:19 pm by Drax »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 12:07:05 am »
wait, does victory sound is heard by all players when used online or it's just you that hear it?
Yep, it's heard by all players but only if they're nearby. They won't hear it from across the map.

and you guys missed this: off topic question... can we mod berserk adds, and predator bonus
These kinds of things you should ask in "The Simple Questions Thread". I know you can spawn bonuses or even apply the bonus effect directly onto player with scripts, but I don't think you can change what the bonus actually does. Berserker will still be berserker, and predator will still be predator.

another thing is, rules say we shouldn't post list of suggestions.... so if have another suggestion, should I make more topics? doesn't matter how many suggestions I have, I can still post them? because this part of forum is called suggestions sooo?
You can post it as long as you make sure that nothing similar has been posted before. Posting lots of them in separate threads is technically not against the rules but is frowned upon, because usually if someone has lots of suggestions - most of them are bad. Mostly because someone does't understand why the game is the way it is, or the ideas have already been posted many times before. Don't go crazy with suggestions and ideas until you have a better understanding of the game, its community, and just computers in general. Otherwise people will tear your ideas apart and call them stupid.

Also there's a lot of higher-priority things on the list, so I doubt your suggestions will make it into the game any time soon even if people like them. There are a lot of very popular suggestions (water, moving polygons, teleports, and a ton of other stuff) which a lot of people liked but they still aren't implemented.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:12:24 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 02:14:15 pm »
In fact i prefer posting small suggestions in separate threads.

As for this feature. I don't think we will add it. The command is bound to a movement animation and I don't think it would fit to make it while in motion.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »
The command is bound to a movement animation and I don't think it would fit to make it while in motion.
Furthermore if you allowed its use in motion, there would be players using scripts to spam it non stop. Much like some players use scripts to spam the chat box.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:08 am »
The command is bound to a movement animation and I don't think it would fit to make it while in motion.
Furthermore if you allowed its use in motion, there would be players using scripts to spam it non stop. Much like some players use scripts to spam the chat box.
That's what the "flood kick" is for, isn't it? Same could be done with sounds and commands, as long as there's a way to add certain commands to an exception list so they don't trigger flood-kick (for modded servers).

I understand if there's a problem separating the sound from the animation like in case of /victory, but I think it would be nice to at least have "sound taunts" at some point, similar to how players can use taunts in Team Fortress 2, making the game sound just a bit more "alive".
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:52:22 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 06:44:59 pm »
That's what the "flood kick" is for, isn't it? Same could be done with sounds and commands, as long as there's a way to add certain commands to an exception list so they don't trigger flood-kick (for modded servers).
Flood kick can't do shit against scripted spam. It's made in a way that it only spams once every x seconds. x being the minimum time to not get flood kicked.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:23 am »
I always thought it was intended to only be available when standing still

Im chill like that