Author Topic: ctf_Pyramid - layout - idea -  (Read 3628 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
ctf_Pyramid - layout - idea -
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:58:39 pm »
Hey,
I'm a pretty bad mapper and didn't really manage to learn the basics of creating bugless polygens yet but I'm here to show off my map idea.
All you see here right now is the layout.
It's a pretty easy concept at all but it's different from maps out there but it has some similarities to ctf_Kampf as it is a pure rush & def & boost map.
Please don't tell me about the bad sceneries / textures and the wrong shading etc., please share your thoughts & suggestions about the map layout!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:15:49 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: ctf_Pyramid - layout - idea -
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:31:36 am »
Add small passage in piramid.
Try different texture for piramid, or add more shading to it(like small steps in edges)
And add some protection in spawn maybe some big piramid, like here:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:37:39 am by Akinaro »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:14 pm »
The boxes will pile up at the bottom of the map which is kind of bad, because it is also the flag place. You could actually try creating the pyramid in steps so they stay where the spawn so you would have to make a choice between being faster or using the kits to your advantage.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:29:53 pm »

how to add image like you guys??

add 3rd lvl below, with sarcophagus etc !!!

nice map, make it fast...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:52:22 pm by Drax »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 03:45:11 pm »
@Drax: Here

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 04:40:28 pm »
how to add image like you guys??
@Drax: Here
I think he was talking about adding images directly to the actual post instead of attaching them.
Code: [Select]
[img]www.link-to-your-image.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]
he boxes will pile up at the bottom of the map which is kind of bad, because it is also the flag place. You could actually try creating the pyramid in steps so they stay where the spawn so you would have to make a choice between being faster or using the kits to your advantage.
Yes, I noticed that when I played the map. I guess that I will create steps to the pyramid.

And add some protection in spawn maybe some big piramid, like here:
I like that! I guess I will make the upper part of those spawn protection pyramids on the deadly with spikes or smth. similiar to avoid massive camping.

@Drax:
"make it bigger"
The pyramid has a perfect size right now for 3vs & 4vs4 games.

About your scenery suggestion, I wanted to add some spinhx sceneries into the background but I failed on cutting the original image cleanly.

@Akinaro:
That way you created in the middle of the pryamid seems a bit useless for me  :-\
It wouldn't make much sense to go through there as you would instantly die  through nade spams from top.
If you would be the flag carrier you would never go that route as well!

I wanted to use the new polygone types but I couldn't run the latest version of PolyWorks for some reason.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:46:50 pm by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 03:40:30 am »
That way you created in the middle of the pryamid seems a bit useless for me

You dont need to use this path, but its good if you play 1v1 or 2v2 and you need to go down fast, beside you can make it "only bullet collide mode" :]

And that small pyramid below is for campers, so they cant shoot through whole map.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 04:36:04 am »
That way you created in the middle of the pryamid seems a bit useless for me

You dont need to use this path, but its good if you play 1v1 or 2v2 and you need to go down fast, beside you can make it "only bullet collide mode" :]

And that small pyramid below is for campers, so they cant shoot through whole map.
I wouldn't like that map concept for a 1v1 and it's way to big imo for a 2vs2 !  ;)

Here is what I made so far:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:37:35 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »
dardar good job, I am waiting for final, and I hope you will add 3 lvl below everything, with a tomb of some famous pharaoh and traps! maybe whole floor with hurt poly and top of tomb deadly as a curse ? xDD you can add some treasure, also put bonuses there like berserk, predator, vest, but maybe hide them so they don't ruin the beauty of tomb?  I hope you will make all of that :)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 06:27:30 pm »

gather.soldat.pl