Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7b2 public beta ready for testing!  (Read 19788 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7b2 public beta ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 04:09:17 am »
1. W+A dont throw flags anymore(I know that there is key for that but still its usefull)

2. New background polygons have problem with edges, even in the middle of polygons it draw them just like here: 

I didn't had that in beta1, and soldat graphic settings are the same.

3. there is still bug with Backflip Prone: When you make backflip and then you want to quick prone-fly, gostek just stand up and stop prone. Small video of it in slow-motion(bad quality but you see that he stand up when you start prone):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBer65OhXk

I need to check rest of bugs I found, just to be sure that its not me or my pc :]

EDIT: Damn Shoozza xD I just write it here xD

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 11:19:42 am »
1. W+S is still the default and having it bound to another key prevents accidental throws, so it's either/or if you don't want to use scripts for multiple keys.
3. Moving the mouse over the proned soldier causes unproning, it's not a bug. You'll just have to turn around first and prone only after that, done quick enough the backflip won't slow you down.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
- I didn't modify any value in weapons ini files and I got (WM). It could be connected with problem of detection 1.6.7b2?

What's the weapon mod checksum? How did you install 1.6.6b2, patch or full installer?

Beside I see a bit worst performance compared to b1, in my maxed map that I have for testing i get 40fps compared to stable 60fps(just like limit is set) i b1

I can't reproduce this. I'm guessing your graphic settings just aren't the same anymore. If you install a fresh 1.6.6b1 and 1.6.6b2 side by side, do you still get this error?

and I found weird bug: I have script that spawn two knifes: one in hand and one in ground, and in this version player get... flamer in hand and knife on the ground....
Did you changed weapons numbers? if yes, looots of script gonna be messed up after that

Fixed.

2. New background polygons have problem with edges, even in the middle of polygons it draw them just like here: 

Fixed.

1. Knife & M79's granade doesn't collide with flag anymore.
4. Intro.sdm is not compatible with current version.

I'm on it.

2. I've made a report with full description of HTF/INF flag messages issues a few years ago: #148

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that bug report. Though it's different enough from the 1.6.7 fix that a complete fix for #148 will have to wait until another version.

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 07:17:17 am »
There is a chance for greater reload time for BARRETT? For example one that was in 1.4.2 version?

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 07:21:35 am »
Mantis bugtracker question: If I find a bug in 1.6.7b2, do I report it as 1.6.7b2 even if the bug was there in versions before? Or should I report it as 1.6.6?

About the barret reload time.. You have 10 shots with fireinterval inbetween, then you have a small, almost insignificant reloadtime. <-- Don't know if we need more reloadtime or fireinterval time, but I just wanted to clearify.
Also, In fireinterval you can do backflips without affecting the fireinterval time, but backflipping while reloading will cause a delay in reload. This makes barret a bit better to move around with than for example M79 wich only has reload time. Mantis ticket
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:29:59 am by homerofgods »

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:53 am »
Mantis bugtracker question: If I find a bug in 1.6.7b2, do I report it as 1.6.7b2 even if the bug was there in versions before? Or should I report it as 1.6.6?
If the bug is also in 1.6.6 you use 1.6.6 if it is only in 1.6.7b2 you use that instead.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »
Dear Shoozza. Please read!

"- Fixed bullets could push an object (flags, kits, loose guns) multiple times in an instant, giving huge push"

I do not usually follow forums. However; as a highly competitive Soldat player, I strongly suggest that you do not implement this change into the game.

Judging by everyone I have discussed it with, 99% of the community will share my opinion. I will list the reasons why:

1) Nobody ever complained about the current flag physics. People love it, it adds a lot of strategic depth into the game. And it allows for a lot of good team play. It is just a fun thing in general, and it is not, by any stretch of the imagination, causing any undeserved or lucky caps or wins.

2) It just works fine. It is not glitchy and unexpected like in the past. If someone is spraying the flag a certain amount, it will go a certain expected distance. It will not glitch. It works fine.

3) It is a big, I mean big part of the game. And there are a lot of maps that people enjoy to play now that are designed with the current flag physics in mind.

4) It is not a cheap thing that you can abuse. It takes some skill and practice to throw it well, and you can not throw it "ridiculous amounts".

And most importantly:

5) Implementing this feature will cause Soldat to go back to its boring and tactically shallow days of practically zero team play and the "more kills, more caps" kind of Call of Duty style. This is not where the game should be heading at all.

Shoozza, I do not think you follow competitive Soldat scene at all; but if you did, you would see that most moments where the commentator screams and goes "holy shit that's some amazing teamplay", there is a very smart and crisply executed flag throw involved (as opposed to "holy shit that guy just killed 9 people and capped because he has an accurate right hand", which happens a lot in Counter Strike and Call of Duty).

I know we are not a huge community with vast crowds watching the games, but please let us be creative with our team play and not have to rely on robotic aim wars, and be able to generate to the 30-50 lovely stream viewer friends a "wow, that's some clever teamplay" factor. I really really wish you would read this, and reconsider this idea. It is completely unnecessary, and your perception of it going "ridiculous amounts" is inaccurate.

Thank you.
<3
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:22:46 pm by Tarrega »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 11:32:53 pm »
<@rakkaway> why would they remove the flag boost..
<@rakkaway> lol
<@rakkaway> thats a big part of the game
<darDar> not remove
<darDar> but its much harder
<+tarrega> equivalent of "Fixed a bug where you could push W button and your character jumps."

<DereK> ROFL
<@rakkaway> u cant toss flag far anymore
<@rakkaway> wat the f*ck is this bullsh*t
<@rakkaway> no more extr3m3 plays

--

<darDar> dont want to see the players faces when the version is out and changes like this are added
<darDar> because that happens at every version
<darDar> because ppl never test the betas

This is what will happen if this particular feature gets implemented. And I can assure you that 99% of the community will be extremely unhappy with this change.

So yeah, Shoozza please.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:37:58 pm by Tarrega »

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 02:09:19 am »
The flag boosting physics was tweaked and reduced because it resulted in only autos - specifically Steyrs - being picked. I'm not against the flag boosting aspect per se, but if it remained it would require a massive nerf in autos, and especially Steyr. But that would suck ass for every other game mode than competitive CTF.

I know having your favorite weapons nerfed feels like shit. It has to be done, though, for the sake of balance... unless you have other ideas to reduce the huge autos and Spas dominance experienced in competitive CTF.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 02:23:25 am »
1) Nobody ever complained about the current flag physics.
top löl

2) It just works fine. It is not glitchy and unexpected like in the past.
very lel

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 04:04:26 am »
The flag-throws work better than ever at the moment for real, Dusty. I don't know why you laugh. :3

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 04:54:30 am »
The flag-throws work better than ever at the moment for real, Dusty. I don't know why you laugh. :3
NoseJJ the least biased person in the entire ctf community about steyr flag boosting.

sup btw

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 06:48:46 am »
The recent Soldat developments have raised my concerns especially as regards their impact for developing tactics and the general appearance of the game. I think it can fairly be said that we stand united in our assessment of what has been happening, what we have seen on the pc screens and, more importantly, what we have heard from the people who know even more than what can be seen on the pc screens. I am referring here to the competitive SCTFL community. I'll have to agree with Tarrega. Flag spreying has always been the part of this game and there is no reason to make it gone away. Many maps' strategies are based on flag spreying. The current way of boosting the flag is proper and it forces players to think outside the box, unconventionally, from a different perspective. CTF_Blade without flag boosting becomes pretty useless, it just would have been #rely-on-damageskills map. Do we really want this? It's not just about one map, most of the maps are based on complex tactics that include flag tossing, and this is just the example of what Soldat becomes without flag boosting. It would've been a dull competition. This amendment shall not enter into force. We must not go backwards. It would of been a bad move in the terms of players' expectations and Soldat's future goals.

Also pause change is bad and it leads to cheating. Example: You take barret, you pause the game while being spreyed and try to fix your aim, because obviously you can move the cursor while having pause. While you are on the verge of dying you can always pause in order to make your aim better and more accurate. What's the point? In this sense, though you have tabled several amendments, they are in essence one and the same, and since it is a technical amendment that does alter our overall opinion of the proposal, we appeal to the common sense of all Soldat members in order that this amendment be denied.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:54:46 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 08:47:22 am »
The flag boosting physics was tweaked and reduced because it resulted in only autos - specifically Steyrs - being picked. I'm not against the flag boosting aspect per se, but if it remained it would require a massive nerf in autos, and especially Steyr. But that would suck ass for every other game mode than competitive CTF.

I know having your favorite weapons nerfed feels like shit. It has to be done, though, for the sake of balance... unless you have other ideas to reduce the huge autos and Spas dominance experienced in competitive CTF.

A appreciate your reply, but I will say that It is not about steyr. My main weapon is not even steyr, for the record. I am not making a selfish complaint here. The flag can be boosted almost equally effectively with all autos + spas, maybe slightly insane by minigun but that's not a big issue (in fact a nice little compensation and tactical usage for minigun). Deagles' insane and unfair damage makes up for the fact that it can not boost flags very well.

I understand your concern that ruger is not played much. The only problem is Ruger here. But that, in my opinion, can be solved by reducing its ridiculous inaccuracy. (it's just SO inaccurate for fast players and rushers like me and that is why I don't pick it myself)

If you want to get rid of steyr's popularity, just give it a little self-bink like in the past and people will shift towards other autos and deagles. Trying to nerf autos by completely killing flag boosting will remove a lot of fun and creativity from the game, and I think is a bad way to try to solve this.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:57:30 am by Tarrega »

Offline Kaimelar

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:11 am »
Flag throwing now and in beta2 version on Blade, you can still make the usual flag throws just like before, it isn't 'killed'.

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:18 am »
3. there is still bug with Backflip Prone: When you make backflip and then you want to quick prone-fly, gostek just stand up and stop prone.

By the way this started like 2 versions ago, I distinctly remember my frustration when I immediately felt this. It's very frustrating because I used to do it all the time but I found ways to work around it, I don't immediately press X because the character stands back up in the air. First I wait like the quarter of a second and THEN X. Although I've gotten used to going around the bug, it would still be nice to fix it. At first though I failed so many times I can't describe my frustration :D

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 09:17:22 am »
Flag throwing now and in beta2 version on Blade, you can still make the usual flag throws just like before, it isn't 'killed'.

I tested the beta too. That is not an accurate representation of the change here. I wonder how many times you tried to get that throw right.

I tested standing with the flag. Looking 90 degrees upward and throwing it. And just as it started falling back down I sprayed it as hard as I could with the supposed strongest flag boosting weapon steyr. And it almost completely ignored my spray, and fell back down on my head with just a little reduced speed.

This means a lot of things, more things than you intended to do. I would not even begin to give examples, but here is one. Scorpion flag boost tactics are almost dead or extremely hard to execute since you have to start spraying just at the right time and empty your whole clip on the flag. Also you can't shoot the flack downward with an effort to have it returned faster. Which is another clever little thing that seems to be murdered here.

Actually I'll give another example. I don't know how to make gif like you did. But PLEASE EVERYONE, test it for yourselves! Try to grab flag on ctf_Death, standing on cap point, looking upward and throwing into the top route. THE FLAG DOES NOT RESPOND! You might as well not even bother spraying it. I request a gif of this, Kaimelar. Edit: I now tried this with every weapon, it just does not happen. ONLY works with minigun if you do it right. Horrible.

Again, I am NOT making a selfish complaint. My clan doesn't even play Scorpion or Death.

This is terrible! Back to stone age! Come on.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:48:42 am by Tarrega »

Offline Kaimelar

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 09:59:57 am »
I wonder how many times you tried to get that throw right.
I request a gif of this, Kaimelar.

Actually first try, but made the gif you requested, it shows current version and b2 standing throw and b2 jumping throw.

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 10:04:57 am »
Thanks for the gif, and yes that's what I'm saying. I think it's apparent. I leave it for the community to test and comment on.