Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7b2 public beta ready for testing!  (Read 19663 times)

Offline `Kryptonite

• Major(1)
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7b2 public beta ready for testing!
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 10:45:11 am »
1.3.1 would be awesome WMOD.
Also a few of my thoughts...;

Pause - Ghost pauses? Fix aim under pause? Aimbot? Lol.. this isnt a good idea..
Flag throwing - I feel some maps will be worthless now. Blade Lava Even Guardian will be different if clans practiced throwing..

Anti Cheat - If there isn't a anti-cheat in this version then its really pointless to keep updating the game adding more bugs to just fix, Bring in a anti-cheat charge players 1$ to download the new version Dev's  deserve some sort of compensation for their work "ONLY IF ANTI CHEAT IS ADDED" I can guarantee 10+ players will be banned immediately, or they will drastically decline in their skill which is a WIN WIN in my book..

Just a few of my thoughts ive played this game 10 years this year and Ive tested every beta version there was in that time frame and enjoyed finding bugs and helping devs solve problems, recreating bugs so players can be unbanned from "hacking" and some of the same bugs are still in this game today as they were 5 years ago.

I will not test this version because I do not like what I'm seeing so far, If things aren't changed and there isn't a anti-cheat implemented in the game this will very well be my last year playing soldat Sad, I love this game Dev's and enjoy doing what I can to try and help this community and increase activity, pulling players out of pubs bringing them to mIRC, training them giving them experience and knowledge around veteran players, helping them fix their mistakes etc.

I pay for soldat every month and I don't mind it, but, I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER DOLLAR OR MINUTE OF MY TIME TRYING TO MAKE THIS GAME LIVE ON IF THERE IS NOT ANTI-CHEAT.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:46:56 am by `Kryptonite »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 11:15:31 am »
The flag-throws work better than ever at the moment for real, Dusty. I don't know why you laugh. :3
Better than ever maybe, still far from perfect. It's definitely not "not glitchy and unexpected like in the past"

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 11:34:47 am »
Flag spreying has always been the part of this game and there is no reason to make it gone away.

By "always," do you mean since late September? That's when 1.6.4 with the new flag boosting and throwing physics was released. Or do you actually mean to say that the flag boosting shouldn't be removed? In that case I suspect you haven't tried the beta.

The flag boosting in 1.6.7 will still be boatloads more effective and reliable than in 1.6.3.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 01:34:36 pm »

made by Control
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:39:46 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 01:40:30 pm »
Change the background and see it it helps.

I don't know why this change - guys on pub mostly don't use it at all and those who do find it totally fine anyway :<

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »
you could go the other way i guess, instead of reducing the autos' effect on the flag you could improve the other weapons' effect on the flag
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 03:00:55 am »
That's one way. It would however require the semis to boost flags even better than autos - same as for damage due to the semis' unreliable nature. From some quick testing I think it looks bizarre. But if enough people want it, then I'll definitely consider it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:03:01 am by 15th_account »

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 03:10:12 am »
Spas & Deagles are okay for boosting the flag as well. It's only ruger that unless you have a really good momentum, you can't move the flag at all.

And it's all good Bistou! How about you? :)

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 03:30:31 am »
I should have been more specific. Spas is a great flag booster in 1.6.6 due to its high bullet and glitch output.

Deagles and Ruger are terrible in comparison to autos.

Offline mtk

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:25 am »
Devs bravely solving problems no one even consider as a problem before.

Thank you very much, prepare for boycott.

Offline Tarrega

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 06:30:33 am »
(At the end of the day I really appreciate your efforts that you make for no pay...)

Anyway:

Deagle's unfair damage compensates for the fact that it can not boost flags!!

The only problem is ruger! And it can be solved by making it accurate. It is a WM issue.

Don't try to solve problems that do not exist please...

Currently in the standard way of playing CTF you have enough choices to make it fun. It's not like in the past where you would either get a minimi or a minimi. Now most weapons are being used. My clanmates switch from mp5 to deagles to steyr to ak, while I play spas/deagles as their rusher. There's enough weapon variety. Autos are not overpowered, they are just popular because of their reliable nature (which is balanced) and because there are 4 of them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:44:57 am by Tarrega »

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 06:39:21 am »
Flag spreying has always been the part of this game and there is no reason to make it gone away.

By "always," do you mean since late September? That's when 1.6.4 with the new flag boosting and throwing physics was released. Or do you actually mean to say that the flag boosting shouldn't be removed? In that case I suspect you haven't tried the beta.

The flag boosting in 1.6.7 will still be boatloads more effective and reliable than in 1.6.3.

After testing it several times I'll have to agree that flag throwing is basically still usable. Many old tricks work, it's just a little bit harder now. I'm not sure if it's good or not. It depends which way you look at it, there are good and bad sides. It is not at all a trivial issue to edit Soldat's features because people actually do not want to move from where they are now. Players want things to be easy, constant pleasure, not have to struggle. Making it harder might have been a good move, so I take back what I've said earlier. Flag throwing is slightly modified which is fine to me. However, my observation and my disappointment are akin to those of my mate, Kryptonite, in the face of an extremely worrying situation for our dear Soldat community, in the face of the lack of anticheat.

Lastly, it must be appreciated, and this is my main point, that the players' bad mood should not cause devs to slow down or to be faint-hearted but rather to respond more quickly and to remain ambitious in our development objectives and in our Soldat's future goals and our fight against cheaters plague. The points that are listed below are not in any way shots that have been fired towards dev team. This is something to be understood.

My observation is one that several speakers have made, including Kryptonite, as i've stated before, but also many active players from publics and competitive SCTFL community, and it concerns the importance of having the anticheat. How you can release a game with a competitive game mode and have no anti-cheat or an ineffective one is beyond me. It brings up another issue this presence creates, as long as these programs and players are not proactively delt with, playing a Soldat match will never work correctly. If you want to see this game succeed, which i know you want, this issue should be a high priority, i know there are some people out there in our community that are willing to contribute some money to the game if it's really needed. Game desperately needs an anti cheat. I know you're a good team and you're trying your best, thus i'm sure you're capable of preparing a reliable anti cheat software as a part of the game. The cheating in Soldat is seriously getting out of control.

Finally, I want to thank you for your commitment and spirit of cooperation. Thank you for your responsible and great engagement. You're keeping this game moving forward and we are grateful for this. However, take into consideration my previous thoughts regarding our necessity. We all want to make this simple game shine.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:50:53 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:05 am »
(At the end of the day I really appreciate your efforts that you make for no pay...)

Anyway:

Deagle's unfair damage compensates for the fact that it can not boost flags!!
This! Is accurate... You can make ruger slightly more pushing, that'd be nice. I don't think other additional changes are requiered.

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 07:59:54 am »
I think flag throwing and boosting is harder a little, but for me its OK, cuz epic throws across map will require big skill. One thing to improve is that Aug bossting flag better than Spas. sooo. Spas +2 push, or Aug -2 push  ;)