Poll

?

f12
9 (60%)
f11
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Change in the way of displaying missing sceneries  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: [SUGGESTION] Change in the way of displaying missing sceneries
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 05:29:41 pm »
I would agree with zakath on this one, else it is way to easy to abuse it. What bonecrusher & akinaro have highlighted is already very hard to catch unless the player is stupid enough to post his screenshot in a match report... but you would get banned if caught in any competitive Soldat league I know of.
A good portion of the competitive players in soldat are using or have used hacks in the past. And you worry about sceneries?
Come on don't break modding just for this.

Offline BlackHoles

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »
Btw the displaying of missing gostek- and weapons-gfx could get changed to only first time if game starts and not everytime you come in the main menu. Its very annoying because some weapons or gostek-gfx (wich i downloaded here for my team2 and weapons changer) no need all files like a kap or a shell.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 03:54:51 am »
I think the black rectangles are ok, if you are missing scenery you should know it.
Hiding things will make it harder for mappers to find and fix missing sceneries.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 07:24:31 am »
I would agree with zakath on this one, else it is way to easy to abuse it. What bonecrusher & akinaro have highlighted is already very hard to catch unless the player is stupid enough to post his screenshot in a match report... but you would get banned if caught in any competitive Soldat league I know of.
A good portion of the competitive players in soldat are using or have used hacks in the past. And you worry about sceneries?

I don't see how a black square ruins modding, as shoozza has pointed out it makes sure the player is aware he is missing a scenery and can go fix it. How does a black square break modding?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:48 am »

I don't see how a black square ruins modding, as shoozza has pointed out it makes sure the player is aware he is missing a scenery and can go fix it. How does a black square break modding?

I thought you were implying that it should be made impossible to customize sceneries. I misunderstood.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 08:22:46 am »
maybe instead of black, you could use semitransparent?
and with text?
It doesn't cover map so much, and text is enough annoying to fix lost graphic, so we have 50/50 of current ideas.
I know that game stretch graphic, but still it would be semitransparent and in smaller sceneries text would made it even darker.

[Example with text and 70% black transparent.]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:28:37 am by Akinaro »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 01:12:03 pm »
maybe instead of black, you could use semitransparent?
and with text?
It doesn't cover map so much, and text is enough annoying to fix lost graphic, so we have 50/50 of current ideas.
I know that game stretch graphic, but still it would be semitransparent and in smaller sceneries text would made it even darker.

[Example with text and 70% black transparent.]
Nice idea. Combine it with Viral's one. And it should make the life of climbers missing sceneries a lot easier.