Author Topic: facebook.com/Soldat2d  (Read 5353 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
facebook.com/Soldat2d
« on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:51 pm »
Hey, the official soldat fanpage on FB has around 6.500 likes right now, but it seems like most ppl. don't notice the posts made from there, since most posts got like 2 likes and just a very few comments.
I dont really know how facebook works, but I guess you have to pay for your posts to make them really visible to all your followers.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to make an advertised post but it might be a good idea for each new release. (not betas - only final releases)
What do you think about that ?

If you didn't like Soldat on facebook yet, be sure to do it now  [Alphaguy]
Soldat on FB

By the way:
It would be nice to have some social like / share buttons on soldat.pl
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: facebook.com/Soldat2d
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:52:45 pm »
AFAIK, Facebook ads don't work you will just get fake likes and less exposure from what i read. So if you want to get more people to like the facebook you have to either wait for facebook to fix how their ad system works (punish fake likes somehow) or make real people like it.

I'm against a facebook/twitter/g+ like button on soldat.pl (at least the default spyware buttons people normally integrate). Maybe someone knows how to integrate non spyware facebook like buttons for people who use facebook.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »
AFAIK, Facebook ads don't work you will just get fake likes and less exposure from what i read. So if you want to get more people to like the facebook you have to either wait for facebook to fix how their ad system works (punish fake likes somehow) or make real people like it.
If im right the posts made by a facebook fan page are just not visible to all people who have liked the site, so it is not really possible to reach all people who might actually read / like or share the post.
I think advertised posts will just stick the post to a better position in the newsfeed so that everyone will read the post - I don't think it will contain fake likes since it is not an external advertise system.

I think thats the way it works like:

non advertised posts: 500 reads

advertised posts: everyone who liked the page will read it (It stays sticked to your newsfeed)

I'm against a facebook/twitter/g+ like button on soldat.pl (at least the default spyware buttons people normally integrate). Maybe someone knows how to integrate non spyware facebook like buttons for people who use facebook.
Yea, I don't like those too. Maybe someone knows how to integrate that, or simply use fb, twit, g+ (...) logos as buttons

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:55:32 pm »
NO NO NO!
no useless social buttons in game!
big F11 for that idiotic idea. I had to deal with it even in my xperia walkman app... I had to disable almost 12 app to make my phone clean from this sh##t.

FB is useless, why the hell someone would bother about it? I would understand FB for talking with friends but this is F annoying to put this F buttons everywhere...

Its not gonna help Soldat in anyway, trust me. You gonna get some "likes" and nothing more. Its like believing that this "Like" gonna feed poor people in Africa.... OMG...

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:35:09 pm »
NO NO NO!
no useless social buttons in game!
big F11 for that idiotic idea. I had to deal with it even in my xperia walkman app... I had to disable almost 12 app to make my phone clean from this sh##t.

FB is useless, why the hell someone would bother about it? I would understand FB for talking with friends but this is F annoying to put this F buttons everywhere...

It's not supposed to be in game. Just on the officia website. We are in 2014 now and in 2014 SOCIAL NETWORKS are very important, also for games.
It connects ppl. to each other and it's a good thing if you take advantage of that.

Its not gonna help Soldat in anyway, trust me. You gonna get some "likes" and nothing more. Its like believing that this "Like" gonna feed poor people in Africa.... OMG...
It will help Soldat for sure! If 6500 ppl. take notice that there is a new soldat version out there you can be sure it will help Soldat more, than if just ~500 (without advertised post) or 0 (without social networks) people take notice of that.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:36 pm »
Let's add twitter, google plus and facebook buttons in soldat menu.
Maybe a "share" button on the f1 menu for sharing your epic k/d ratio?

F12

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 04:25:57 am »
so where are this 6500 people who like soldat? if everyday I see that(subtracting bots) there is 50-60 players everyday in lobby?

I know that we live 2014 I use loots of social media but not in such idiotic places like my music player or game THAT IS in some way social place it self.
Look at this forum: if you cant manage gather here all players to make it central place of soldat where you get latest info from devs its nothing more than placebo to make fake sense of something new in game, after a while you gonna se this.
Beside why so far no one used this? Make it bigger and more known? Because no one have time for that... and everyone who have loots of ideas about something, and they say that "they gonna make it!" leave after month or two because they thought that its gonna be epic idea and its turn out that is 24h work you need to do to make it real. Beauties of internet voluntary work...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 04:40:31 am »
I'm in charge of that soldat fanpage. We should change the way we do posts - usually people are easier engaged with the post if it has the photo inside.
We don't have g+ page - at least to my knowledge. I could create one.

As to the spyware buttons - maybe just simple buttons which just link you to the pages? Instead of automatically likeing, 1+ it?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 06:48:48 am »
Facebook has more activity than g+ and twitter, so I think we should only add facebook button

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 09:44:25 am »
If im right the posts made by a facebook fan page are just not visible to all people who have liked the site, so it is not really possible to reach all people who might actually read / like or share the post.
I think advertised posts will just stick the post to a better position in the newsfeed so that everyone will read the post - I don't think it will contain fake likes since it is not an external advertise system.

I think thats the way it works like:

non advertised posts: 500 reads

advertised posts: everyone who liked the page will read it (It stays sticked to your newsfeed)

Yea, I don't like those too. Maybe someone knows how to integrate that, or simply use fb, twit, g+ (...) logos as buttons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 10:30:17 am »
you see :] FB and other social sites are good for gathering few friends when they are not near you(just like I use it, and main idea of social media are for that) making social site about product its idiotic, its all fake numbers, fake people. less than 20% gonna use it as you would like to: rest gonna give you "like" and forget about it.

The same situation is with YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHNrVbEPdg

I saw loots of time when YT play with users with they views. I saw few times when YT video had 10 000 likes and... only 6000 views. Its clearly cheating because you cant give like without opening movie or opening YT site.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 10:56:46 am »
I saw loots of time when YT play with users with they views. I saw few times when YT video had 10 000 likes and... only 6000 views. Its clearly cheating because you cant give like without opening movie or opening YT site.
No that happens if the view clicks have not been refreshed yet -
That's why videos get stucked at 301+ clicks in the beginning even if they got clicked 100.000 times and then it can happen that a video has more likes than views.

Shoozza:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag
wow that's pathetic

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 11:19:20 am »
No that happens if the view clicks have not been refreshed yet -
That's why videos get stucked at 301+ clicks in the beginning even if they got clicked 100.000 times and then it can happen that a video has more likes than views.

Well so tell me why that state where for few days and even author of channel was a bit pissed off? There is loots of articles about YT playing with users.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 11:32:40 am »
That's a question better answered by the tech apes of Youtube.