Author Topic: Rating for maps!  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Rating for maps!
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:31:34 pm »
Can we have rating for maps? every member of forum would have 1 vote, also owner of the map would be able to rate his own map. The problem is, people might not be honest with their votes, like someone could just put 1 star out of 5 just to lower the overall grade, so I don't know how, but maybe it is possible to display who voted and what was his grade so everyone can see it, and if it would clear that it was a hating vote, let's say 1 star for an epic map where everyone gave 5 stars, but it is possible to have such a grade and not be a hater... so moderators or someone would PM them and ask about it, and if they would gave a meaningful answer then it stays if not then punishment. Also maybe not every member but only those that have 50/100+ posts would have the right to vote to prevent voting from just[new] made accounts. 
Stars should appear before the column Replies / Views or a new column should be created for it.

this is someones idea from jrgp website, so I  thought it would be good to suggest it here...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:05:14 pm by Drax »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: Rating for maps!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:14:00 am »
jrgp tmp site would be good for official map site but when I see something like this:

I think that its better to forget about idea of making it official...

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:39 am »
what about the suggestion I wrote??

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 06:36:32 am »
I think we had something like this, but that particular feature darts back to years ago. Ask jrgp, he knows it all.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 07:38:44 pm »
I very vaguelly remember something about being able to rate threads here from a very long time ago but I don't remember much. Might be a good idea.

jrgp tmp site would be good for official map site but when I see something like this:

I think that its better to forget about idea of making it official...

You clearly have zero sense of humor. Plus, I was like 14 when i put those things there. If it was made official I'd take the colorful comments out. And in terms of popularity and usage by mappers, it *is* the de facto official.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:58 am »
I very vaguelly remember something about being able to rate threads
it's not about rating threads, but maps and only maps

so are you going to use this idea and add it to soldat forums or no?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 04:22:15 am »
You clearly have zero sense of humor. Plus, I was like 14 when i put those things there. If it was made official I'd take the colorful comments out. And in terms of popularity and usage by mappers, it *is* the de facto official.

heh... I have small amount of "humor", but its a bit sad that we have there a bit low-flight jokes typical for internet kids(don't get me wrong).

Because in forum we have rules and Netiquette and I dont think its hard to change few lines so TMS would be more "official" and more mature with graphic style similar to Forum :]
after that you just could putt maps tab in forum menu(maybe near members tab) and nothing more...

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 10:11:14 pm »
jrgp, please just add back the rating to TMS. It was once there, could not be that hard
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 10:18:34 pm »
jrgp, please just add back the rating to TMS. It was once there, could not be that hard

What? TMS does support rating maps. Go to the bottom of a map profile, choose ?/5 stars, type something, and click "Rate". That functionality has been there for the past 7 years untouched. Maybe you mean it doesn't use stars to display the count anymore?
There are other worlds than these

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 10:22:08 pm »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, it was once STAR rating, I thought it just disappeared. yeah, and the embedded code also displayed the rating back then. That would be something
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade