Author Topic: Problem with bullets display  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
Problem with bullets display
« on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »
I don't understand this:
1)If I change the minigun-bullet (both sides) in weapon-gfx folder and I put m79 bullet in weapons.ini for minigun how come it's not showing me the bullet of minigun, the one I drew? it shows m79 bullet...
2) how to remove effect of smudge

please help...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:47:29 pm by Drax »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Problem with bullets display
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:33:04 pm »
1) You changed minigun to shoot m79 bullets in weapons.ini, so it's using the m79 bullet graphics. You basically changed minigun-bullet and then told the game to not use it.

2) By smudge I assume you mean bullet trails. AFAIK they don't even have a graphic so you can't mod them. You can only turn them all on/off in soldat config.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 11:57:37 pm »
You basically changed minigun-bullet and then told the game to not use it.
but there are no minigun bullets it uses 1- plain bullet
so I thought by changing the number of bullet it changes the kind of bullet and remaking minigun gfx will change the graphic and when minigun will shoot plain bullets or m79 they will look like however I drew them....

You can only turn them all on/off in soldat config.
ty

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:23:07 am »
but there are no minigun bullets it uses 1- plain bullet
so I thought by changing the number of bullet it changes the kind of bullet and remaking minigun gfx will change the graphic and when minigun will shoot plain bullets or m79 they will look like however I drew them....
That's right, that's how it should work. My guess is that maybe you modified the wrong bullet graphic or selected a wrong bullet type. Also keep in mind that Soldat uses .png files instead of .bmp if it finds them. So for example, if you have bullet.bmp and bullet.png in weapons-gfx folder - Soldat will ignore bullet.bmp and use bullet.png instead.

Also nevermind what I said about bullet trails. I think there is actually a graphic for them somewhere, only grenade and M79 trails are unchangeable I think.

I'd doublecheck all this but I'm not on PC right now, so I'll try to do this tomorrow unless you figure it out yourself by then.