Author Topic: Scripts Database in devs.soldat.pl  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Scripts Database in devs.soldat.pl
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:46:43 am »
I'm starting writing section in Wiki of devs.soldat.pl
http://devs.soldat.pl/index.php/Scripts_Database

For now I'm gonna do simple list of latest script from forum script section, from newest to oldest.
After that I'm gonna make ABCD categories and when I get more scripts I'm gonna do other page with script style categories(balance, admin only, fun etc.)
Its gonna take some time, maybe few scripts per week, so It would be good if someone would help me.

If you gonna help me go to devs.soldat.pl and register.
Look at this site for wiki formating: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting
its important to know basic of wiki editing.

After you register in devs wiki, go to: This Site, add name of script that you gonna make in end of current list:
Code: [Select]
*[[NAME OF SCRIPT]]
then click on created link and write info about script using this template:

Back to: [[Scripts Database]]
----
:'''script name:''' name
:'''original author:''' autor
:'''core version:''' number
----

;Description
:Bla bla bla bla bla

;Features list
:- short text

;Commands list
:/command

== Download Links ==
[http://link.pl/ Forum Download Link]

----
 Back to: [[Scripts Database]]

For now use forum url link in attachments.

For people that ask why write this there, if script are here in forum?
Because database in devs.soldat.pl gonna have categories and simple descriptions. Its easier to find what you looking for...

And question for Admins/Devs: did you consider making wiki.soldat.pl from devs.soldat?
Read this topic:

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43287.0
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:57:25 am by Akinaro »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Scripts Database in devs.soldat.pl
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 07:04:04 pm »
And question for Admins/Devs: did you consider making wiki.soldat.pl from devs.soldat?
Read this topic:

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43287.0

Might be a good idea since the old "official" Soldat wiki was abandoned by the soldat.nl people. If Shoozza/FLAB/etc agree with it I'll move it to wiki.soldat.pl and make URLs on devs redirect appropriately.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:47:18 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:46 am »
Yeah would be great if you could rename it.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 01:51:27 am »
Yeah would be great if you could rename it.

Done.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 02:43:28 am »
Thx, also I think I could slowly move few tutorial topic from forum to this wiki, but because there is loots of old images it take some time to make new ones... work for few months, but If other users could help it would be much faster.
So anyone who for past few months talk about similar project to this: be my guest and start making real soldat wiki :]

move even one script per few days, its always something, one script take less than 2min, you need only check if script dont get anny major error in recompile, or its updated(2013/5 +) and you stick to template so after we get more script it would be just matter of making few categories, most important:  abc and type of script.

Don't know If I manage to make it by my self, knowing that my "affection" to projects like this is a bit weak(usually 2-3 weeks).... So dont be mad if I'll stop in the middle of work :] So really all bigmouth users could move their asses and help :]
Because I know that you have time, loots of users login in forum but dont do anything, because of my work I have browser/tapatalk app open almost all day so I see who is online :] You could spend that 10min by helping moving all important stuff to wiki :]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:55:36 am by Akinaro »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 02:53:38 am »
Thx, also I think I could slowly move few tutorial topic from forum to this wiki, but because there is loots of old images it take some time to make new ones... work for few months, but If other users could help it would be much faster.
So anyone who for past few months talk about similar project to this: be my guest and start making real soldat wiki :]

Appreciated.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:14:22 am »
oh BTW maybe new logo? :]

small version with transparency, similar size to current wiki logo:

In white background its look better ;)

EDIT:

*I Edited Main Page of Wiki.
*Updated few links.
*Added few Scripts to database.
*And added first page in Game and Gameplay: Informations about Soldat configuration
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:16:23 am by Akinaro »

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 11:38:22 am »
IMO Scripting Templates and Scripts Database should be connected, there is no difference beetwen them.
Classic banana

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »
Dont worry, I'm alone there so its gonna take time before I make it better :]

For now I'm focused to get minimum 30 scripts so I could start creating categories. Then I'm gonna clean rest of pages and create redirect links and clean other sites with scripts.
Also for now I edited Main Menu, so its easier for me to see how its would looks like.

And I'm gonna move few scripts to examples of functions and procedures, so if someone gonna check eg drawtext procedure he not gonna see only simple draw text but also example of using it in small script and in see  also section links to one or two scripts that gonna use it.

I also need to remade servers section because I'm gonna put in "tutorial section", page:  running first server, and I need more reference for this in server section

EDIT:
*I made big changes is main menu, prepared list of basic sites that need to be filled(mostly tutorials).
*Cleaned a bit "Server General" section and put there "Server Configuration". So after making Server tutorial its gonna look better
*I added Soldat General section with information about Soldat and history versions,
*Prepared few pages for future edit because few of them are outdated.
*Fixed few bugs in "Informations about Soldat configuration" that I made this morning.
*Edited Version History(Still I need add dates to versions, but that tomorrow)
*Moved(for now) "Scripting Templates" to Scripts Database like kicikici suggested.
*Edited few random pages(bugs or new references).

All changes that I made can be found  here
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:02:23 pm by Akinaro »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 03:23:04 am »
Sorry for bumping but I just realize that I didn't ask if Admins/Devs don't mind that I changed in this wiki so much stuff...

I know that my first Idea was to just putt there script database, but I realize that its a bit abandoned place and its need some cleaning and updates... just in this two days I changed quite a lot...
You dont mind if I change rest of this wiki?
I want to make it to looks like Soldat Wiki rather than place for server technical information, I would like to put servers stuff to server, soldat information to soldat, clean a bit pages so its would be easier to read...
I'm not gonna change any page that its look important, especially server scripting list or technical information about "behind the server" I just want to make it easier to read for typical soldat player :] And I think its better that its made by "typical" player, because I know what typical player would look for.

EDIT: well I just get this:
You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members in regards to the message:

Without any reason,explanation... 

So if thats how you gratitude for my time... i'll take a break and get my stuff. [resent mode activated]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:37:07 am by Akinaro »

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:53:26 am »
Adding only download link isn't good idea. For example, when creator will add new version of script, it will be useless. Yes, I know that it's possible extract number of topic from download link but it isn't comfortable. IMO this should be like this:

Forum Link:
http://....

Direct download:

Classic banana

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 06:09:02 am »
Adding only download link isn't good idea. For example, when creator will add new version of script, it will be useless. Yes, I know that it's possible extract number of topic from download link but it isn't comfortable. IMO this should be like this:

Forum Link:

Direct download:

I'm just a user, I cant upload all database to wiki.
And doing this manually its idiotic, because in wiki you can upload one file at time and you need to enter separate site to upload it.
If someone could upload database that bonecrusher attached in sticky topic and give me/upload here name list I could add this as a direct link.
But for now i'm in  resent mode so I dont care about that now.

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 06:55:08 am »
You misunderstood me. I don't want to create any other database. I want to put on wiki original topic link.
Trollscript, for example:

Forum Link:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=42822.0
Direct download:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42822.0;attach=31155

And that's all.
Classic banana

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 11:35:07 am »
Well its wikipedia, everyone can help improve it, just register and add links... :]

EDIT:
I just asked Shoozza about wikipedia and I was really suprised with answer.

Please dont get me wrong but saying that:
Quote from: Shoozza
""Im not exactly sure what you changed though.""

show that even devs forgot and abandoned this place, because its really hard to dont see what I did there in the past 3 days... o_O

I wonder why I even ask for permission for further work that I planed(moving tutorials, adding basic information about soldat, explaining typical problems that users can encounter, improve script database). If I could post image of big "men sausage" and no one would see this...

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:06 pm »
I didn't have the time to look into your changes. Thats all. The wiki is the right place to document things. If you just post stuff here it will get lost in the threads.
If possible please keep the wiki updated. It is there for a reason. The forums is for discussion the wiki for documentation and reference.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »
Akinaro you're doing a good job!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 11:32:00 pm »
oh BTW maybe new logo? :]

small version with transparency, similar size to current wiki logo:

In white background its look better ;)

Done. Thanks. I had to make it smaller as a width of 133 was more appropriate.

Also, calling it "Soldat Wikipedia" is a bad idea as it isn't a wikipedia, it's a wiki. "Soldat Wiki" makes far more sense. You should change that.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 03:03:02 am »
OK
And thx that you don't have anything against my work there :] (I'm a bit bored xD xD)
I should copy most of tutorials and edit them to be easier to read(chapters etc) in next week.

PS, sometimes random "bots" create spam page, I delete this pages but It would be better to remove this users, so it would not be so easy for them to create another page from the same account

Ban list
‎Sampanclutch4
Winesusan0
Cousin74men
 Piscesvan9

Its better to deal with it from start :]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:13:44 am by Akinaro »

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 10:19:21 am »
Very cool idea, especially the descriptions of my scripts are more transparent :)
Good work, keep it up :)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 10:38:51 am »
Last few days I spend on searching for updated scripts and damn... I found out that only you really keep his script live and updated.
Maybe your English is not perfect, and sometimes your scripts have part of other scripts but great appreciation for you for keeping your scripts updated!
Others Users that have scripts in this forum should be ashamed. Seriously, when I started catalog all scripts its turn out that most of scripts are sooo outdated that I dont understand that active users that almost everyday login to this forum, dont care to keep they work updated, so people could use this scripts in servers.

PS. I'm not gonna post here anything else, Its more about information about creating database. And I Extended my work to all Soldat Wiki.
 So anything related to my work there I would write here: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=725.0
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:54:27 pm by Akinaro »