Author Topic: Chaning admin port & proxying soldat admin connections  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
Chaning admin port & proxying soldat admin connections
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:10:08 am »
Hi,

Is there any possibility to somehow (probably by modifying soldat.ini or by soldatserver argument) modify the default admin port number?

I would like to set the game joining port to (for example) 12345 and the admin port number to 23456. Is it possible?

I think I saw in some old soldat.ini the entry "Admin_Port", but maybe I am wrong. But if - is it still works? I've tried to add such entry in my soldat.ini and it hasn't changed the admin port.

This feature would be useful due to people who attacks/wants to attack soldat servers with "admin connections flooder". This bug (of crashing servers that way) is reported but I doubt it will be fixed soon. So I would like to change the admin ports so the attacker would don't know which port should he use (the default one would be dead).

---

And the second topic - does the soldat admin protocol (and the game itself) allows to build some external application that would by a proxy for admin connections to the servers? I mean - there would be only one port available for all admins (for different servers) and the proxy (listening on such port) would determine (by admin password sended from client) to which server the connection should be redirected. Such proxy could be immue to those "flood" attacks, so the servers would be also immune. Of course the real admin ports of the servers wouldn't be available for external (from the net) connections.

Best regards,
Szaman.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:12:27 am by Szaman »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Chaning admin port & proxying soldat admin connections
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:58:10 am »
If you run linux (I don't know if Windows provides this functionality) you can easily make it so some ports "redirect" to other ports by using the traffic shaping functionality provided by iptables. Let me know if you want iptables examples as I can provide them.

As for functionality built into the soldatserver itself, I'm not so sure.
There are other worlds than these