Author Topic: Restricting available teams  (Read 976 times)

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
Restricting available teams
« on: April 20, 2014, 03:00:27 am »
Hi,

As HomerOfGods asked me to create suggestion thread here:

There are some people who are trying to "hack" the soldat, for example 1vs1 mode. They are trying to join the 1vs1 game as the third player joining the alpha or bravo team. I don't how do they do this, but I had to wrote the script to prevent such behaviour.
I think it's a bug - in DM there are no other teams, so the should be no possibility to join other team than default "0".
But I can imagine situation when some scripter would want to have multiple teams in DM mode. So I think there should be an option in config like "restrict_dm_team" (enabled by default) which would prevent joining the other teams during DM gameplay.

Also... there is small chance that some of the players joins that other team (alpha/bravo) because of some kind of bug in Soldat. Please, look at it :)

Best regards,
Szaman.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Restricting available teams
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 10:25:06 am »
Please add the player can join team even if team is full issue to the bugtracker if it is missing with more details.

As for the suggestion there could be an option but since it is possible to check against that with scripting I don't think we need to implement this.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 12:14:05 pm »
Scripting implementation does the job of course, but it's not ideal. I think an official implementation should be there at some point, as well as some kind of indication in server browser. So if you, let's say, want to join a TDM server - you know ahead of time if it's a 4-team or 2-team TDM.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »
Reopened the mantis ticket, I was a bit wrong to say this was merely a suggestion