Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7rc1 ready for testing!  (Read 20380 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
SOLDAT 1.6.7rc1 ready for testing!
« on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »
Ah finally! We are so close to the 1.6.7 release, just this one release candidate (hopefully) and we are ready for the final release!

You will notice some minor improvements in the installer which are not in the changelog.
I still need to figure out why some people cannot apply the patch though.
So if you have issues with that, please contact me via irc on #soldat.devs.

Please note that this patch is only for 1.6.6 (as the real update will be for 1.6.6).
So you cannot update the beta client and server (you can try to install a temporary version of 1.6.6 and apply the update - to see if the patch works).
There will be no patch for 1.6.7rc1 -> 1.6.7 so don't update your real game yet.

Have fun testing!

Soldat changelogs:

* GAME VERSION 1.6.7rc1 *
- Modified recorded new intro**
- Modified updated the normal mode WM**
- Modified objects (flags, kits, loose guns) are pushed ~14% more by bullets**
- Fixed M79, Knife, LAW and Flamethrower didn't boost flags**
- Fixed smooth polygon edges for background polygons being drawn in the wrong layer**
- Fixed missing Polish translation for "Scale Interface"**

* GAME VERSION 1.6.7b2 *
- Modified updated the realistic WM**
- Modified normal mode WM with radical changes because this release wasn't controversial enough**
- Modified the lobby's player count column to not include bots
- Modified bullets to now take into account the weapons' BulletPush when pushing objects (flags, kits, loose guns)
- Fixed bullets could only push one object (flags, kits, loose guns) at once
- Fixed bullets could push an object (flags, kits, loose guns) multiple times in an instant, giving huge push
- Fixed vote map/kick menus not being interactable**
- Fixed holding the Fire button pressed with an empty Spas-12 wouldn't fire its first reloaded shell**
- Fixed label on start screen said "SOLDAT 1.6.7" then switched to "Soldat 1.6.7b1" once loading was complete
- Fixed Stationary Gun, Grenade, Clusters and Fists not counting hits in the weapon stats menu
- Fixed HTF incorrectly used some INF flag messages (referring to the Objective instead of the Yellow Flag)
- Fixed finishing a roll animation while airborne and with the crouch key still pressed, you would air-squat awkwardly and not be able to throw grenades

* GAME VERSION 1.6.7b1 *
- Added new background polygon types: "Background" and "Background Transition"
- Added visualization of the player's MovementAcc by scaling the cursor
- Modified removed TeamSpeak 2 support
- Modified vertical jumps by making it easier to do smaller jumps by letting go early
- Modified pressing Jump quickly followed by a direction should side jump you if the vertical jump hadn't yet begun
- Modified side jump speed to be the fastest when facing the direction you're moving in #170
- Modified behavior when changing movement direction to hopefully not mess up advanced moves possible in 1.6.5, yet behave consistently in both directions
- Modified the two spent Desert Eagle shells to be ejected with different velocities
- Modified the player's current MovementAcc to be more intuitive to predict
- Modified spectator and demo view to hide the inactive parts of the interface
- Modified demo playback to allow freecam by default
- Modified decreased the freecam deadzone again to make the sudden speed jump less abrupt #277
- Modified accumulated bink and selfbink to get diminishing returns faster, making it harder to reach ridiculous amounts
- Modified cursor scaling from inaccuracy effects to grow faster between smaller values, and slower between higher values
- Modified BulletSpread to have less effect when crouched and moving, and even less when proned and moving
- Modified player looking direction to be sent to the server more frequently
- Modified cursor to be visible during game pause #460
- Fixed ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab active tab highlighting issue #451
- Fixed an animation glitch when holding Jump while a backflip animation ends
- Fixed players with bink weapons couldn't bink themselves
- Fixed explosives could bink team mates #398
- Fixed bink didn't work in non-team based game modes
- Fixed team mates could bink each other with explosives even though FriendlyFire was off
- Fixed the player's current MovementAcc being erratic when the player was transitioning between animations and grounded/in-air
- Fixed sniper scope cooldown could be bypassed by triggering an overriding animation
- Fixed camera jumping back and forth between the cursor and the map's center when looking outside map bounds
- Fixed camera not resetting to center when joining a new game
- Fixed freecam camera wasn't completely still when the cursor was inside the center deadzone #277
- Fixed camera not resetting to center when viewing above map bounds
- Fixed empty server_info setting in servers soldat.ini makes client display weird chars in F1 menu
- Fixed team menu keyboard input blocked if opening it using the cursor #428
- Fixed pressing an unmapped number when selecting a team causes no team to be joined and the menu disappears #388
- Fixed unable to toggle the weapon menu when carrying less than two weapons #181
- Fixed custom values of MovementAcc and BulletSpread didn't show differences properly in the weapon selection menu
- Fixed flags in CTF and INF game modes weren't using their flag texture
- Fixed clients' keys would act slightly "sticky" in online games, not resetting the controls every tick
- Fixed server didn't notify players about all key events from other players
- Fixed flag was thrown in a direction that was at least 16 milliseconds old #132
- Fixed side jump speed was slightly lower when facing right #170
- Fixed reloading Spas-12 when gun is empty now waits for fire interval delay to finish first #161 #365
- Fixed no longer able to simultaneously fire and reload Spas-12 while prone #474
- Fixed /victory sound only plays once at the end of a round in survival DM/RM #291
- Fixed cannot delete server with two pipe chars from favorites
- Fixed players that needed to download the upcoming map spawned using the previous map's spawn points, as well as seeing other glitches #239
- Fixed players that needed to download the upcoming map would be disconnected before seeing the final scoreboard
- Fixed incorrectly spawning with/without a parachute after going outside map bounds
- Fixed readonly.txt didn't do what it advertised #279
- Fixed readonly.txt didn't contain an updated list of maps and sceneries #95

Soldatserver changelogs:

* SERVER VERSION 2.7.7 - GAME VERSION 1.6.7rc1 *
- Added soldatserver cannot be run as root on linux
- Fixed weapon numbers were interpreted incorrectly for some script functions**

* SERVER VERSION 2.7.7 - GAME VERSION 1.6.7b2 *
- Fixed Linux server not being able to register itself in the lobby**

* SERVER VERSION 2.7.7 - GAME VERSION 1.6.7b1 *
- Added SC3 TScriptMap.SetMap(NewMap: string);
- Modified removed ASE Protocol support as it is dead since 2008
- Modified removed nrservice support
- Fixed Game.Teams.OnJoin is replacing Game.OnJoin and is not working as intended #415
- Fixed Server freeze after Players[ID].Alive := FALSE; #396
- Fixed OnJoinTeam does not remove players from their old team in ScriptCore
- Fixed SC3 - Event OnVoteMapStart isn't called by /votemap command #443
- Fixed SC3 - Wrong values of TGame.TimeLeft #377
- Fixed OnJoinTeam not called for bots
- Fixed SC3 global variable Game.Teams is empty after recompile #516

Maps changelog:

* GAME VERSION 1.6.7 *
CTF

Rotten
Fixed missing scenery amb_fog_ground-sk_soft.png

Downloads:
Soldat 1.6.7rc1 Full
Soldat 1.6.7rc1 Patch (for 1.6.6 only)
Server 2.7.7rc1 Full
Server 2.7.7rc1 Patch (for 2.7.6 only)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:26:56 pm by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7rc1 ready for testing!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:36:38 pm »
I thought that you gonna add new dev log, but this is nice too :]
Gonna update my test server from b2 and see how its run

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »
Easter gift  :o

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:56:53 pm »
Grrr, give us the real 1.6.7 release already!

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:57:58 pm »
Nice, waiting for the changelog!
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 12:59:03 pm »
Grrr, give us the real 1.6.7 release already!
Give us 1.6.8 in HD already!

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 01:07:10 pm »
Ok server installed without any problems and game is smooth like puppy buttocks :]

I see new font i non english language(in on screen text like you get the flag etc), and also its me or digles shoot faster? and flag falls slower?

EDIT: ok there is major bug, when i select secondary gun(LAW) I get... flamebow... I see that mosnt often its happen after spawn, when you quickly swap weapon, need to check if its one of my script.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:27:57 pm by Akinaro »

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 02:11:33 pm »
ok there is major bug, when i select secondary gun(LAW) I get... flamebow... I see that mosnt often its happen after spawn, when you quickly swap weapon, need to check if its one of my script.

Likely a bug with some tweaks I made in the scriptcore. Let me know which lines in your scripts are failing.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
Ok, I tested it with Viral, its turn out that I get flamebow in secondary gun slot after killing him, and after killing him again I get back my LAW again. And also its hard to kill with this bow, he just spawned few times in the same place.

Server is set to CTF, only simple info script is there, nextmap and admin funn.. but I'm not logged as an Admin so I couldn't use any of this commands. But I'm gonna check it just to be safe...
If tomorrow, after disabling all scripts I get this again I upload demos and all info.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:07 pm »
Here are things I thought of after trying the new version:
• Diminishing the throws power which were absouletely amazing for the competative scene and provided a lot of nice scenarios - that's kind of ridiculous.
• Soldat's intro is still quite ridiculous. Isn't there a way ever to put a 'cinematic trailer', as in an actual video that'll be nice to watch? These bots don't make you wanna go hard, really. :3
AK dmg -3, Barret push +20, Knife push +230. The extreme +push for both barret and knife are for it to be able to push the flag down on ctf_Blade (Copy this WM suggestion).

One more thing is that WM team is kind of dead. What's up with that?

Good job overall nevertheless.

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 06:29:29 am »
AK dmg -3, Barret push +20
Right. Ak i to strong now. And barret can have a little more push  :-*

Edit:
Soldat's intro is still quite ridiculous. Isn't there a way ever to put a 'cinematic trailer', as in an actual video that'll be nice to watch? These bots don't make you wanna go hard, really. :3
Totally agree like in this topic.  :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:34:10 am by ZdzichU »

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 06:49:11 am »
Barrett is still "over power".. :-\ Too small bink and to small reload. Generally this weapon is too strong.

Please (at least) increase the time to reload. Otherwise everyone will still use ONLY this weapon :-\

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 06:56:24 am »
Does the reload time really matter that much when you have ten shots?

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 07:01:01 am »
I think he talking about fireinterval :)

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 07:06:56 am »
Does the reload time really matter that much when you have ten shots?

I'm talking about the time to reload after each shot.

For example: shot (3 sec reload*), shot (3 sec reload*), shot (3 sec reload*), [no ammo] (8 sec reload)

* -  this time can not be longer?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 07:11:54 am »
I would like to know why you make AK so strong right now? what is the point? So people would stop using Styer? :/
If someone like styer why you trying to change that? I love styer and no matter what I'm still gonna use it

PS About that flamebow.
I found part that made this mess in one of the script.
I uploaded old version of my AdminTroll script that had part that give you additional bullets when you kill player that killed you before(revenge). It was work in progress but i forget about that(in last version I changed random bullets to +1 kill and nades, this bullets aws a bit bugy)...

When I disable this part everything is fine.
Code: [Select]
procedure IncAmmo(ID: byte);
var Max, aAdd: byte;
begin
  Max:= StrToInt(ReadINI('weapons.ini',WeaponNameByNum(GetPlayerStat(ID,'Primary')),'Ammo','7'));
  aAdd:= Random(1,Max-GetPlayerStat(ID,'Ammo')+1);
  ForceWeapon(ID, GetPlayerStat(ID,'Primary'), GetPlayerStat(ID,'Secondary'), GetPlayerStat(ID,'Ammo')+aAdd);
  WriteConsole(ID,'+' + IntToStr(aAdd),$FFFFFF);
end;
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:15:04 am by Akinaro »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:29 am »
I would like to know why you make AK so strong right now? what is the point? So people would stop using Styer? :/
It's just a matter of the AK proficiency being underestimated by the weapon team, I'm afraid.
I doubt it needed any buff since it was already the favorite weapon of the gather stats whores. Just check that sctfl screenshot thread (w/e its called) if you're wondering what I'm talking about.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 10:35:41 am »
Ak is very good weapon, I use styer... because I always use it :]
But still its good balanced weapon: it have nice punch, good dmg, and compared to styer: good mag. And it also slowed and reload time is different so compared to styer in this stage its pretty nice weapon. Don't see the point of touching it now.
I would add dmg to it only if you would add +1 dmg to styers :]

PS.
"- Fixed M79, Knife, LAW and Flamethrower didn't boost flags**"

as far as I know and remember, flamer was very good at pushing flag, especially when you could do this through polygons xD its one of best thing for modded WM, when you could make weapon that would shoot through smaller polugons :]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:37:43 am by Akinaro »

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 11:44:06 am »
I'm talking about the time to reload after each shot.

Gotcha. Though just so we're on the same page, the fireinterval between the shots is 3.75 seconds, the actual reload time is 4.92 seconds. Anyhoo... I assume you're talking about DM or 1v1. From what I've gathered in watching some 1v1 fights in 1.6.6, I'd say more bink and slower fire rate wouldn't have that much of an effect, though it would nerf it for CTF. I suspect rather that increased startup could be more useful for the game modes in which it is most overpowered. Or would you disagree?

I would like to know why you make AK so strong right now?

Well that certainly isn't intended. It's DPS and Push per second are lower than in 1.6.6. The reason for the change to begin with was to accommodate complaints that there wasn't enough of a distinctions between the autos. The AK used to have this fireinterval in earlier versions, so it seemed like well-trodden grounds in modding it this way. Though you're not the first one to suggest that this configuration might be overpowered, so I could consider maybe -1 or -2 dmg for the final release.

PS About that flamebow.
I found part that made this mess in one of the script.

Okay, I undid my tweaks to the scriptcore to avoid any more of these problems. Though for 1.6.8 or whatever's next, the scripting API will need to change slightly when it comes to weapon identifiers.

PS.
"- Fixed M79, Knife, LAW and Flamethrower didn't boost flags**"

as far as I know and remember, flamer was very good at pushing flag, especially when you could do this through polygons xD its one of best thing for modded WM, when you could make weapon that would shoot through smaller polugons :]

The ** in the changelog means that it was a bug that was only present in the betas. I guess Shoozza never mentioned that, and just posted our internal changelog raw.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 12:31:50 pm »
-2 dmg for AK and we all gonna love you :D