Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7 RELEASED!  (Read 34524 times)

Offline Xestor

• Major(1)
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7 RELEASED!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 06:07:42 am »
You want to tell me if it can't find my soldat game, im forced to reinstall the game again? o.o
You could've at least let me copy this patcher into soldat folder in order solving this shit.

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 06:10:32 am »
Ruger        dmg +1, push +4 This is real changed?

You do not have any idea how you could change the weapons. Always only put +1 to dmg/ +1 moveacc etc. etc. 1000x changes and it just does not work. Are you working something in this Weapon's team or you just change the weapons only for changes. For nothing.
www.facebook.com/coSoldat

Center Of Soldat

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 06:22:15 am »
More funny is beating styer witch every version, and now huge bump for ak like this would force using ak instead of styer...

It would be good if someone could write exactly why you make styer weaker with every version and now boosting ak?

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 06:39:33 am »
yay! Happy for new version great job devs <3 Looking at the weapon changes I don't know will test first from paper does not look good :E
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 06:45:29 am »
- Added visualization of the player's MovementAcc by scaling the cursor

This is fine but it should be also in the fly not only when I am pressing the keys.

Center Of Soldat

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 07:28:23 am »

This is fine but it should be also in the fly not only when I am pressing the keys.

I think it's a very good change. Earlier barrett was too strong.

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 07:42:47 am »

I think it's a very good change. Earlier barrett was too strong.

Ofc it is but I am telling that there should ba ALSO in the fly when you fall.

Center Of Soldat

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 07:46:53 am »
OK, there are (WM)... damn :/

I would just mention that one significant thing has changed in 1.6.7 - there are no (WM) prefixes in server names.
So, if you don't like those new weapons, you can change it freely to the previous ones - and your server name remain as it was (without (WM)).

Am I correct?

Best regards,
Szaman.

Offline 111

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 07:50:11 am »
Who thought it was a good idea to remove the alladin movement? It was one of the good things added to Soldat in years yet it is marked as bug/hack/glitch and gets removed from the game. What exactly is it that is wrong with it? It was really a good movement and actually made proper slide-running possible without making use of buggy anti-crouch mechanisms (looking in opposite direction).

It was even balanced by default due to not regenerating jet. Can anyone give insight in the reasoning behind this decision? I - and with me a lot of Soldat players - liked the movement. I know Soldat is conservative but it really blended well within the existing movements and simply felt like an improved anti-crouch movement.
Can you explain how to do that movement in 1.6.6 (assuming it works there)
You can record it with LICEcap if you want (gif recorder).

If it was removed by accident we will add it again.
He's talking about the crouchbug. Once you and me were fooling around in a climb server and you found how to do it, Shoozza.
It is the consensus that the bug was unfair: threads and reports emerged about the issue. Mainly from the climbing community. skoskav fixed it for 1.6.7.
Nothing to see here.

oh yeah that one. It was a bug and im not aware of any useful non unfair use case for that aladin movement.

About the patch issue:
If you installed an old version of soldat it could happen that the updater cannot find the new version (because old installers just replaced the add/remove programs entry). So if you want to install an old soldat version you should install it before you install the new one.
>im not aware of any useful non unfair use case

what exactly is unfair about it? I really don't get the problem? It was a good movement and anyone could use with medium to no practice. It is on exactly the same level as that other bugged anti-prone movement and that is here to stay.

What's the thought flow here? 

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 07:59:41 am »
"- Modified removed ASE Protocol support as it is dead since 2008"

Great,, now I have this: http://realistic-soldat.org/

If zitro is already parsing logfiles it should be trivial for it to parse the gamestat.txt file as well, outside of its updater script. maybe if zolaf comes back he can add that.

Olaf is nowhere to be found and this is screwing up my status that I run for years. The updates working normal as it's php but the live status doesn't work.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 08:11:38 am »
what exactly is unfair about it? I really don't get the problem? It was a good movement and anyone could use with medium to no practice. It is on exactly the same level as that other bugged anti-prone movement and that is here to stay.

You could bypass jumps on ~3k climb maps, this is the "unfair" aspect. It looks buggy, provides nothing more that awkward anty-physic feeling.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 09:10:10 am »

If zitro is already parsing logfiles it should be trivial for it to parse the gamestat.txt file as well, outside of its updater script. maybe if zolaf comes back he can add that.

Olaf is nowhere to be found and this is screwing up my status that I run for years. The updates working normal as it's php but the live status doesn't work.

I see that zitro-stats is open sourced on sourceforge, and written in PHP. Do you know of any gather sites or such that can also poke servers, that could share the code needed to replace zitro-stats' ASE module? I'm sure DarkNoddy on IRC has coded things like this dozens of times.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2014, 09:24:23 am »
In 1.6.7b1 (not sure in b2/rc), the demo player would show the end score, now it doesn't.

... Why? I think it's kinda nice...  :(
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 09:37:46 am »

I see that zitro-stats is open sourced on sourceforge, and written in PHP. Do you know of any gather sites or such that can also poke servers, that could share the code needed to replace zitro-stats' ASE module? I'm sure DarkNoddy on IRC has coded things like this dozens of times.
I am sorry, I don't know that.

Offline 111

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 09:59:04 am »

You could bypass jumps on ~3k climb maps, this is the "unfair" aspect. It looks buggy, provides nothing more that awkward anty-physic feeling.

anti crouch BUG also looks and IS buggy with physics

Don't get me started on the unrealistic jets... well, if it could, then maybe those maps should be revised? I mean, if I were to discover some great technique by pressing button A, B and rapid fire, would it get removed from the game too? Then please fix the other movement bugs because your arguments make zero sense.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2014, 10:03:28 am »
In 1.6.7b1 (not sure in b2/rc), the demo player would show the end score, now it doesn't.

... Why? I think it's kinda nice...  :(

That sounds like a bug. Probably related to this fix:

- Fixed players that needed to download the upcoming map would be disconnected before seeing the final scoreboard

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2014, 10:51:03 am »
@111
Anti-crouch bug? Isn't that the bug you want to keep ingame? Or did you mean the prone-cancel? If so, pronecancel doesn't have negative influence on current maps and the only unrealistic aspect of it is the animation cut. There was a discussion about removing it, but the community wanted it to stay, because it provides way too cool movement possibilities (and aren't gamebreaking).

Unrealistic jets? Jets are part of the game, invisible carpets crearly aren't.

Revising 3k maps? I hope you are joking.
if I were to discover some great technique by pressing button A, B and rapid fire, would it get removed from the game too?
Ofc it depends on how it would work > see prone cancel.

I cant think of any movement bugs that exist atm except pronecancel that i mentioned (i don't think it should be called a bug since it has beed aproved by devs and community) and lag jump, that is totall bullshit and something could be done with it already..

Offline 111

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2014, 11:33:10 am »
@111
Anti-crouch bug? Isn't that the bug you want to keep ingame? Or did you mean the prone-cancel? If so, pronecancel doesn't have negative influence on current maps and the only unrealistic aspect of it is the animation cut. There was a discussion about removing it, but the community wanted it to stay, because it provides way too cool movement possibilities (and aren't gamebreaking).

Unrealistic jets? Jets are part of the game, invisible carpets crearly aren't.

Revising 3k maps? I hope you are joking.
if I were to discover some great technique by pressing button A, B and rapid fire, would it get removed from the game too?
Ofc it depends on how it would work > see prone cancel.

I cant think of any movement bugs that exist atm except pronecancel that i mentioned (i don't think it should be called a bug since it has beed aproved by devs and community) and lag jump, that is totall bullshit and something could be done with it already..

It was a good movement and I dismissed the earlier poster for him saying it looked unrealistic and buggy (jets are unrealistic too, that's what I meant, not that they should be removed). It was a good movement and allowed really solid movements. Then disable it in jump servers if it is so much of a problem. People on all other servers are currently complaining about it being removed.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 11:50:31 am »
Its usefulness on servers other than climb is highly questionable because you can use jet while prone to get the same effect that doesn't looks poor and stupid (there is a reason we called it "alladin"), so in 90% of situations its useless and its not worth keeping it for the remaining 10% where you would use it if you run out of jet. Server-side option for allowing this "trick" would only make unneeded chaos.

I don't know the people that you were talking to about this bug, but the big majority of people on climb that liked this bug were guys that couldn't pass the simpliest jumps without it.

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 04:05:30 pm »
- Going it sucks!
+ New pollygon
- Gunpoint is extremely large
- When the jet and esc (inf jet)
- Joining a server crashes error
- The maps are missing scenery
One word: