Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7 RELEASED!  (Read 34555 times)

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7 RELEASED!
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »
- When the jet and esc (inf jet)
Explain how to reproduce this

- Joining a server crashes error
error? ORLY (same question as ^)

- The maps are missing scenery
http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=533
Classic banana

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 06:09:10 pm »
All I have to say officially is;
RIP Amazing Flagthrows - 2013-2014.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 06:10:55 pm »
we've just made some pretty crazy flagthrows today, i don't think it's killed
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 06:16:23 pm »
All I have to say officially is;
RIP Amazing Flagthrows - 2013-2014.
This 're-fall' animation the flag is doing now makes me never want to play ctf again. It's so ugly.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »
Maybe not, but Nosejj was the best flag booster in the CTF community. He inspired new tactics on many maps thanks to his newly mastered skill.
So I can understand if he is underwhelmed by the new mechanic to the point where he is exaggerating a bit in his statement.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:09:10 pm by Bistoufly »

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 10:27:14 pm »
Flag boosting has just been decreased for some weapons, which is quite annoying, especially when a barret and knife are able to push the flag further then a steyr or ak for example ;D

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2014, 12:44:39 am »
RIP Powerthrows also :(
Classic banana

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2014, 02:34:56 am »
since it relies on Push statistic, i think it's just a matter of balancing it out. Another issue to solve by the WM Balance team :D
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2014, 02:44:44 am »
RIP Powerthrows also :(
Noo kurwa!... *leaves crying*

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2014, 04:23:36 am »
Maybe not, but nosejj was the best flag booster in the CTF community. He inspired new tactics on many maps thanks to his newly mastered skill.
So I can understand if he is underwhelmed by the new mechanic to the point where he is exaggerating a bit in his statement.
I am sorry but I do not believe that I am overreacting over here. Considering the fact most of the weapons' push values were raised, and basically all the weapons can now push the flag to some degree, I don't see aneed in change of the flagthrow mechanics. Moreover that some specific weapons push value were decreased (HK, Steyr & Spas), So all the other weapons can boost now too, but why decrease the push as well.

Also I don't like the tendency of the flag to bounce upwards now when you throw it, meaning it goes less in the aiming direction than before.

It's important to me, and be sure it is important to more competative ctf players. I think this mechanic change should be applied to Realistic maybe, 'cause there the assumption is that the game should be as realistic as it can get. If you do not agree with that, then I'd suggest at least reducing the new mechanics slightly to the older way, and find a middle-point that might suggest a good solution.

Currently, I couldn't be less satisfied with it.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2014, 04:26:07 am »
Maybe not, but nosejj was the best flag booster in the CTF community. He inspired new tactics on many maps thanks to his newly mastered skill.
I am sorry but I do not believe that I am overreacting over here. Considering the fact most of the weapons' push values were raised, and basically all the weapons can now push the flag to some degree, I don't see aneed in change of the flagthrow mechanics. Moreover that some specific weapons push value were decreased (HK, Steyr & Spas), So all the other weapons can boost now too, but why decrease the push as well.

Also I don't like the tendency of the flag to bounce upwards now when you throw it, meaning it goes less in the aiming direction than before.

It's important to me, and be sure it is important to more competative ctf players. I think this mechanic change should be applied to Realistic maybe, 'cause there the assumption is that the game should be as realistic as it can get. If you do not agree with that, then I'd suggest at least reducing the new mechanics slightly to the older way, and find a middle-point that might suggest a good solution.

Currently, I couldn't be less satisfied with it.
I see. Well I trust your judgement on this. Maybe skoskav can tweak it a bit more.
Ideal situation would be perfectly smooth flag boosting and just about enough push to be versatile but not overpowered.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:29:36 am by Bistoufly »

Offline KwazaR

• Major(1)
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2014, 08:29:51 am »
I've been devoted to climbing for years. Sadly, with this version my story ends. Cu.

Offline scapegoat

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 12:38:22 pm »
can someone help me please, im begging :/

i downloaded 1.6.7 and tried to install it. whenever i tried to install (even when i just opened the computer), installation gave me an error similar to 'soldat is still open, please close all related programs' etc.

i've deleted whole soldat and downloaded the new full sw. during the installation i got many errors as config.exe file can not be created etc. this time i cleaned all registeries and installed 1.6.7 once again.

installation was successfull but now whenever i click on 'list servers' the game freezes and there is not much things to do. i have no damn idea whats going on. is there anyone who can help?

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2014, 03:00:54 pm »
So crap, you didnt fixed one easy to fix bug that ruins dodgeball... 2mins writing >.<  i hate you

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2014, 03:10:27 pm »
Nawl, you mean the bug where invisible corpses linger around after respawn? That's not an easy-to-fix bug, unless you know something we don't. =P

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2014, 03:47:17 pm »
Nawl, you mean the bug where invisible corpses linger around after respawn? That's not an easy-to-fix bug, unless you know something we don't. =P

Make knives unaffected by the corpses?

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2014, 04:44:26 pm »
Scripts from version 1.6.6 work on the new version (1.6.7)?

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2014, 05:07:25 pm »

Make knives unaffected by the corpses?

That would be quite a dirty fix, as there's not even supposed to be a corpse there. It would also make visible corpses permeable to knives.

Regardless, I'll try looking into it more for the next version.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:09:07 pm by 15th_account »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2014, 05:14:05 pm »
Scripts from version 1.6.6 work on the new version (1.6.7)?
I think i didn't do a single change in this release so yes, they should
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »
I think there is some slightly change due to this modification which do not counts bots as players. I have seen one zombie script which needed some fixes after upgrade.